PDA

View Full Version : Do they always see it when you're young?

Lisa Maren
08-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Hi everyone

I a two part question for you. During the youth of an individual who is partially or fully transsexual (in other words is either "bigendered" or fully the other gender on the inside):

Part A) It is more frequently noticed when a little girl is a little boy inside than it is that a little boy is a little girl on the inside.

Part B) Is it always noticed when a little boy is a little girl inside or is it only noticed in some cases, but not all?

If you put a boy in a dress he'll fuss and complain, but if you put a girl in a coat and tie she might even have fun with it. For reasons, similar to that I'm thinking the "ftm" individuals might be much more noticed that the "mtf" individuals but I don't know what to think.

My mother tells me she never noticed anything in me, but then again, what if she simply didn't want to see it? Or even more simply, suppose she simply wasn't looking for it? :) My parents are very traditional, so they might simply have never thought to check.

Hugs,
Lisa

Deborah
08-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Little girls wear boys clothes is called "dress up" and is a game little girls always play.
Little girls play with boys toys they are either tom boys or no one says anything.

Little boys wear a dress or play with barbies, parents will hit the panic alarm and all hell is breaking loose. Time to call out the psychatrist.:rolleyes:

Julie
08-18-2005, 04:55 PM
If, when I was little, someone put a dress on me I probably would have fought them because I knew if I didn't they would know I liked it. That would lead to discovery which scared the living daylights out of me. I trusted no one with my 'secret' until I was almost 18. And even then I feared they would tell others and I'd have to live a life of shame.

That crossdressing was a huge taboo was deeply driven into my head to the point I still have a hard time opening up to certain people.

I don't think a child's reaction to being crossdressed is a reliable way to determine if they are TS.

Lisa Maren
08-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Hi Julie

I just wanted to make a clarification: I wasn't referring to anything forced -- or even to crossdressing for that matter.

I was referring to a child who is biologically one gender but inwardly the other gender getting dressed as a normal part of the day, so it's not crossdressing (unless it feels like crossdressing due to being a different gender inside than outside). In other words, to people not in the know, the child would appear to be dressed quite normally.

So, if the child is inwardly female, biologically male and dressed always in male clothing, do the parents notice the gender incongruence in 100% of such cases? I know that some TS find out later, so I doubt it's 100% of cases.

Hugs,
Lisa