PDA

View Full Version : The Joy within me!

JOY445
05-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Here's my Story. I'm 48, married and have 3 teen-aged children and my wife of 20 years knew about my "dressing up" before we were married.
The one drawback I have is that my wife always considered this a private thing, just between us, but as many of you know its really just about the real "us" wanting to come out for everyone to see.
about seven months ago my SO finally gave in a little and allowed me to pierce both my ears. That my friends, awakened a sleeping Giant ( literally I'm 6' 290 lbs). When ever i am out driving in the car or even grocery shopping i am wearing my earnings and lipstick and sometimes bracelets, etc.
We found a place that has "Garden parties" every Thursday from May thru Sept and we plan on attending one soon.
They have a make-over service but it starts at 125.00/hr and its most likely a 2-3 hr deal. I would adore this but can't really afford it.
What i need from You, dear new friends is any advice you can give me on, beard cover, de-foresting(haha, back chest legs underarms) make-up and presenting. My own feeble attempts which make me feel so good, lets face it, not great. i want my first time to be sooo perfect. I'm attaching a photo of my starting point so you all can see i really need your sisterly advice..

Thanks for being here, i'm so happy we found you.
love
Joy

Eve_WA
05-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Hello Joy,

First off let me welcome you to the group.

Secondly. There are stickys at the top of the forum, and a search feature.

To get you started, http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79909 is a beard cover tip link. Its in the Beauty Club section. What youll find is that for most of us with dark hair and light skin like yours, normal drugstore makeup isnt very effective. When you get it heavy enough to cover, it looks... cakey. Many of us use dermablend, or one of the other Uber coverups out there.

There are also numerous threads about shaving, waxing, threading, sugaring, lotions, potions, laser, electrolysis... for removing hair. That too is found in the beauty section typically. Theres a lot of ground to cover, and it all depends on what YOU find most comfortable, convenient, effective, and within budget. Many use a combination, depending on the area.

Theres a LOT of information stored within this forum. And the gals are more than happy to lend a helping hand.

... and most of all, enjoy yourself! thisis supposed to be FUN!

JOY445
05-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Thank You Eve, I can hardly wait to begin!! I have spent hours reading older post here and am thrilled by how much i relate to alot of them. people verbalizing things I've either only felt or assumed only i had these thoughts feelings and desires.
God bless my sisters!
Joy

carolinoakland
05-06-2010, 12:10 PM
I second what eve said, check the beauty section. I used to have a fairly dark beard and used the dermablend 'clown pink' ( who THINKS UP these names?) that was very effective. Also, use cover sticks. And... Practice, Practice, Practice. That's how ALL the girls do it. Carol

JOY445
05-06-2010, 03:03 PM
thanks so much Carol. I just ran out to a duane reade here in NY and looked for Dermablend...i coudnt find it so i asked the girl behind the register if they carried it..she was nice, said no, but she said nCVS carried it...I'M off....thanks loads!!
Joy