PDA

View Full Version : First time out of the house

ClaudiaDawn
05-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Hi everybody, yet another first time out thread :). Let me start by telling you that I have a wonderful, very accepting wife. Yesterday evening she was working ar home trying to finish some project and I decided to try some clothes on since I've just bought a new shirt to go with my first pair of ladies pants ever (very cute denim capris). I was trying different looks, trying to change the hair a little bit, diffferent shoes, etc., and my wife was giving me her opinion and tips on the looks. Anyway, we lost track of time and when she finished workingit was already late and we haven't had dinner yet. She was tired so I offer to cook something; she, fearing for her health and well being, suggested that we could do it together. Since she was tired, just as a joke, I grabbed her purse (I don't own a purse) and my car keys and I told her "since it is very late I am just going to the drive thru instead of cooking", she looked at me with a big smile and said "really? Let's go I'll also go". I told here it was a joke, but she insisted that we should do it, she even offer to drive sh I wouldn't have to order at the drive thru. After much deliberation we decided to do it: we went into the garage, got in the car, I was feeling my legs like rubber bands, she backed up out the garage and into "the outside", she dicede to stop in the driveway to fix the mirrors, I was feeling that all the neighbors were watching and laughing, at that point the only one laughing at me was my wife because I looked terrified. We finally drove out, the streets ere almost empty since it was late, we drove the whole mile to get to Wendy's, got in line, there was a truck in front of us and the lady driving was taking forever to order (at least it felt like an eternity), I kept wondering why do they have those spot light by the drive thru, a car came behind us with some young guys playing their stereo very loud, iwas expecting them to come at any moment to take a closer look at me, we finally got to order, my wife ordered, I gave her the money, she drove towards the pickup window, I could see the window moving farther away and closer and closer at the smae time, I felt myself jump on my seat, my stomach was a knot, at the window now, the car turned extremely hot, the guy was talking to the other customer through the the headphone thngy, he greeted my wife took the mmoney, gave thehcange back, "thanks, come again", we drove away, at that point I remember how to breath. We drove back to the house most of the time my wife laughing, but also reassuring that if anybody really looked into the car they would only see two girls sitting there an no more. Anyway, we got back to the house, and I was thinking: how in the world did I do this? When are we going again?

It was wonderful but terrifying. Thanks for reading,

Hugs,
Claudia Dawn

StaceyJane
05-06-2010, 03:44 PM
The first time is tough but now that you've broken the ice....watch out!!

Sheila
05-06-2010, 04:00 PM
hey, you did it & I bet your wife had more confidence in you than you did :)

Ann D Bluebird
05-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Congratulations Claudia! It certainly makes going out easier if you have company (as I found out myself!).... and having your wife as company was surely the best company possible to ease you through the trip. I hope you enjoy many more happy trips out together! :hugs:

pattyv
05-06-2010, 06:01 PM
I never realized that Wendy's drive-thru could be so exciting. You are both having fun with this, and that's the way it should be. Good for your wife.I'm assuming you weren't cheap, and ordered supersize for her.LOL Great story, and waiting for the next one.

Katie Moore
05-06-2010, 06:44 PM
know that feeling...Glad it worked out good for you.

:love:

Katie

AKAMichelle
05-06-2010, 07:54 PM
I was almost laughing so loud reading this that people in China could hear me.

The only reason it is funny is that I remember that first time out the door. The horror. The fear. Glad you survived. Now you will never be content to stay in the closet. You are now free of the shackles.

Natasha TG
05-06-2010, 10:00 PM
great story!:D now let the fun begin... just breathe:heehee:

ClaudiaDawn
05-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Thank you every body for your comments :):), I really appreciate it.

Yes, my wife has a lot more confidence in me than I do. She is also a lot more adventurous than myself and she is always ready to push the envelope. I just love her to pieces.

I think I still have a long way to go, but with my wife by my side, the journey doesn't seem to difficult to do.

Hugs,

Claudia Dawn

DonnaLynn77
05-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Hey Claudia, good for you!
Just wait until you go out for a drink that first time, or dinner or whatever. :)

Have fun!

xo,
Donna

Amanda Stubbs
05-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I remember that first time thrill so well! It's still with me to a smaller degree everytime I go out. Becareful though it's addictive!

Alberta_Pat
05-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Well done Claudia!

It is a very scary time to "leave your comfort One" the first few times.

Bravo!

Dee Dee Gee
05-07-2010, 12:14 PM
My first time was in a town where no-one knows me, I did get very nervous though.

Well done Claudia x

SherriePall
05-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Claudia -- Glad it all went well and you are breathing again. Just remember, your wife wouldn't have gone out with you if you weren't presentable because she would have been the one everyone would have recognized.