PDA

View Full Version : Always the Brides Maid, never the bride

Alicia_lynn419
05-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

Earlier tonight I talked to a GG friend of mine I had not spoken to in quite a while. She announced she was engaged. I jokingly asked if she needed another bride's maid. She said she would LOVE to have me, (but her parents "would have a heart attack"). She then followed up that I was welcome to attend the bachelorette party! Well... maybe not as fancy as being a bride's maid, but still quite an honor! There is no date set for the wedding yet, but I think it would be fun to be included in the girl's night. Something to look forward too...

Staci G
05-06-2010, 09:20 PM
I think that is an awesome invite. I also would feel great about the fact she is ok with you in the wedding, even if her parents might object. Sometimes it is the thought that counts.

Brandi Wyne
05-06-2010, 09:27 PM
We want pics. :)

Cassandra Lynn
05-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Staci is right, the thought was definitely there. The bachelorette party sounds fun though, are you out to her other friends as well? Spending the evening amongst the ladies would feel wonderful to me, as long as they are all pretty much OK with it. Enjoy yourself Alicia. mj (Cassie)

Alicia_lynn419
05-06-2010, 09:57 PM
I've met a few of her friends over the years... some know about me.. the others I can only assume guilt by association.

Karren H
05-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Maybe she will let you try on the wedding dress? As a consolation prize!

Karenmarie
05-06-2010, 10:51 PM
See all of the things that we have missed thru the years. Not just
weddings and wedding gowns, but being a bridesmaid for your best
friend, wearing your PROM DRESS instead of a tuxedo, sweet 16
birthday, even further back to when your starting to get a "feminene
figure" and you don't have to use tissue any more. haha Oh well, these are
things that we can only dream about. Going to the bachelorette
party would be real and therefore something in reality you could
remember. Trying on the dress of course, would be a bonus.
Go for the party and be with the girls for an evening and have some
sensational fun and memories.

Hugs
Karenmarie

Kara Connor
05-07-2010, 02:18 AM
The bachelorette party should be great though. Still, it would be fabulous to get to be a bridesmaid, provided the dresses weren't too hideous :) Oh, what the heck - I'd probably do it no matter how bad the dresses were!

Angiemead12
05-07-2010, 03:01 AM
great! that sounds like a blast!

MrKunk
05-07-2010, 03:16 AM
sounds to me like she is trying to accept you into her wedding, as well as giving you an oppratunity to get to know her girlfriends better. Enjoy this. It comes once on a blue moon.

Deborah Jane
05-07-2010, 03:22 AM
The bachelorette party should be fun, go for it, I'd love to go to one myself :daydreaming:

If you go, remember, we want pics :battingeyelashes:

I did go to Sheilas, but we all stayed in as she wasn't well

kimdl93
05-07-2010, 09:55 AM
personally, I think the bachelorette party sounds like a lot more fun than being a bridesmaid... a) its a chance to party down with the girls, and b) some of those bridesmaids dresses are repulsive!

Karenmarie
05-07-2010, 10:12 PM
Hi Mea

You are right, there's probably millions of GG's that didn't get to go
to alot of the things I mentioned. Its just dreams that sometimes
I have but I'm sure that what you are saying is true. Oh, by the
way, I didn't get to go on the fishings trips either. LOL:heehee:

Hugs
Karenmaarie

Jennifer T
06-06-2010, 06:13 PM
I have a best friend from high school that is getting married next year and she does not know that I am a CD. She told me that she wanted me to be in the wedding (possibly as her maid of honor) but she keeps saying that she is not sure I would be comfortable wearing a dress because she wants all of her bridesmaids in dresses. She has not physically asked me to be her maid of honor but should I tell her about my secret and let her decide if she still wants me there?

DameErrant
06-06-2010, 06:18 PM
I have a best friend from high school that is getting married next year and she does not know that I am a CD. She told me that she wanted me to be in the wedding (possibly as her maid of honor) but she keeps saying that she is not sure I would be comfortable wearing a dress because she wants all of her bridesmaids in dresses. She has not physically asked me to be her maid of honor but should I tell her about my secret and let her decide if she still wants me there?

Sounds like she is hinting that she knows or suspects. Do you trust her? If so tell her, and maybe you will get to wear a dress in the wedding. If would take the risk for the chance to be a bridesmaid. I know the only way I will be a bride would be if I stood proxy for someone else. Oohhh, now there's a great fantasy.

Did you know that some Traditions say that if the bride or groom does not show up, the Best Man/Maid of Honor has to marry the one who does show up? How would you handle that? Make sure your friend shows up I guess.

Rachel Morley
06-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Hi Alicia,

Ooooh that sounds fantastic. I'm so jealous :) In the "CD bucket list thread" one of the things I mentioned was to go out with a group of GGs where I'm the only CDer and they treat me just as if I was of them and make no allowances for the fact that I'm crossdressed. This sounds just like that. You are quite right. This is a big honor :hugs:

AKAMichelle
06-06-2010, 10:39 PM
In my book that could be better than a bride's maid. Bride's maids always get to wear sub-par dresses that they can never wear again, but the bachelorette party. Now that is worth going to.

Shelby
06-06-2010, 10:53 PM
The only way I would be a bridesmaid is if only the wedding party knew my true identity and the groomsman was cool with being paired up with me. I would want to be listed in the program as female and a friend of the bride. Even at the rehearsal, I would present as a woman. Then think of all the fun things you get to do all night in a dress, the dancing and celebrating. It would be fun and I would say yes to it in an instant.

Jennifer T
06-17-2010, 07:07 PM
Sounds like she is hinting that she knows or suspects. Do you trust her? If so tell her, and maybe you will get to wear a dress in the wedding. If would take the risk for the chance to be a bridesmaid. I know the only way I will be a bride would be if I stood proxy for someone else. Oohhh, now there's a great fantasy.

Did you know that some Traditions say that if the bride or groom does not show up, the Best Man/Maid of Honor has to marry the one who does show up? How would you handle that? Make sure your friend shows up I guess.

Well I decided to tell her and she is so happy I would do it. She said she has suspected something for years because I use to love going clothes shopping with her without complaining and always had good taste. She just thought I would tell her when I was ready. She also said that she has always thought of me as a sister and hopes I will continue dressing up with her when we hang out. I have such a great best friend and I am so excited.