PDA

View Full Version : Why do I like crossdressing

maxwildly
05-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Why is it that I like to crossdress when I know I could never be passable. I want it to go away, or atleast find someone that I can be with that likes it, or is completely ok with it.

Kate Simmons
05-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Don't worry about being "passable". It's more about how you feel. Trying to fulfill someone else's standards is next to impossible my friend.:)

kimdl93
05-07-2010, 09:47 AM
If you're at all like me, I would be willing to bet that from the first time you dressed it was the feeling of the clothes, maybe the feeling of femininity or other intense emotional responses that have brought you back again and again. It is not so you can impress someone else - you're doing it for yourself.

Debb
05-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Look, having angst over not "wanting" to have this desire is normal. I also go thru the same stuff, lots of times I've wished I didn't have this terrible burden.

What you need to realize is that it's not a terrible burden. If you're in a relationship and not out, that's a burden... one that you've got to deal with ... but other than that, it's really OK that you like to dress as a girl.

Every person out in the world has doubts and unhappiness about some aspect of their life. Most of us struggle to be as tolerant of others as we can be; some do not, and those are the folks we, as crossdressers, are afraid of. When we don't know whether someone will be tolerant of CDing, the doubt seems overwhelming.

Like me: I can talk a good game about being out-and-about while dressed as a girl... but I feel the same nervousness as others, when expressing my femininity in this way, because I know it's not universally accepted.

To put it another way, we're afraid of other people's *opinions*! Doesn't that seem odd?

Heck, I'm afraid of my own opinions, sometimes. I so desperately want to pass, but in logical moments I know that will never be, and for the most part I'm OK with that.... as long as I don't take pictures of myself, since "the camera never lies". :confused2:

To make it short (haha), what Denise Rhodes said.

DonnaT
05-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Why is it that I like to crossdress . . .
Either because you are transgendered in some way, or it is a fetish.

For me, I'm a transgendered CD (not transgendered TS).

And it's a good thing that I like it, because it is something I have to do. If I didn't like it (even though it can cause relationship issues which I don't like), it would be hard to live with.

DonniDarkness
05-07-2010, 05:00 PM
It seems as tho you need to find a way to understand these impulses

We could help you more if we had more information on whats going thru your head really....

For many of us, no matter the reasons, dressing stays with us all our lives. Most likely it will not go away

Understanding your reasons for crossdressing would be the best place to start

Christina2008
05-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Why do you like it, because you have good taste :)

Crossdressing is a lot of fun, but I know what you mean, it would be good to have SO to share it with. Good things come to those who wait (or is that cop-out? :))

In the meantime just enjoy all it has to offer.

sissystephanie
05-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Denise said it completely right. It is all about how YOU feel, not the rest of the world!

As far as I am concerned, the only opinions that matter to me are my own, my family members, and some very close friends. Other people don't count, or matter!

Go out and be yourself! You will enjoy it!!

susanaCD1988
05-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Hello i dont look passable either and i am still in the closet and basicly living a lie for my family however when i dress up it feels like i am flying without wings. for me crossdressing brings me true happiness.:)

Freddy12
05-08-2010, 06:11 AM
You obviously enjoy crossdressing. Don't worry about others. Most don't care. Few notice even if you are not close to passable. You are who you are, enjoy what you enjoy. Even if you supress this, it will always be part of who you are. Enjoy it. Enjoy it. Enjoy it!!!

MissKara
05-08-2010, 12:17 PM
I used to be worried about Passing as a female, but over my time and development, I have come to realise that if I am happy with who I am, it doesnt matter what the world thinks :)

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

Toni_Lynn
05-08-2010, 04:10 PM
This is a good question.

Lets see --- is it because I like skirts. They're cool and comfy and look nice. Nope -- not that, because I also like to wear a kilt in boy mode, and my kilt (actually 3 of them) are cool and comfy and look good too. So there has to be something more.

Lets see -- I like stylish cuts and colours -- hmm --- well there's some boy stuff like that which I don't mind wearing.

Lets see -- undies -- panties -- bikini cut -- no fly -- nice colours and patterns. Nope -- seen boy's undies just like 'em.

Maybe -- just maybe -- its because I look at an item of clothing and say -- hmm -- I like that. And I wear it.

Oh -- and it turns my wife on :)

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Joanne f
05-08-2010, 04:14 PM
I guess it is a bit like breathing , it keeps me alive :D

xd-tigger
05-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm guessing you like it because you like the feel/fit of the clothing. Don't worry too much about finding someone who likes your dresing, the perfect person for you will pop up when you least expect it. Just don't try and push it out.

Loni
05-08-2010, 06:05 PM
why do I cross dress.
I love the feel of the fabrics.
I love the lines of a great skirt / blouse on me.
I love the feel of my hem ageist my legs in a gentle breeze.
I love women so much.

if only i could still grow hair on my head.:doh:

my mom can not understand why i want to wear a bra. she hates them.

i say it is because you must, and i want to.

I like to cross dress because it just feels right.

Tina B.
05-08-2010, 07:24 PM
As I see it, it's not a matter of liking to cross dress, the real point is how well you cope with life if you don't.
I have gone for some very long periods of my life without cross dressing, and they where good years. But then when that need/desire came back, there was no living with myself, much less anyone else if I denied who/what I am, I know because I almost ruined a marriage figuring that out.
Everyone wants to know why we do this, but what is more important than that is what happens to some of us if we don't. i don't always understand those that say they don't need this, but just like to do it. I don't think I ever would have taken it up, if not to fill a need. But I do need this in my life to keep my head on straight, so I found the best way to make that work, is to learn to love it, and I do love it.
And yes there are women in this world that will tolerate, except, and even like what we do, it's never easy to find a life partner, maybe a bit harder for us, but it can be done, so never give up on life or love.
Tina B.

Jenniferpl
05-09-2010, 05:05 AM
Why do I like crossdressing.

Because it completes me. Over time I learned to embrass Jennifer. Along with you, I to will never pass and have never really given it much thought. All of us probably wish it would go away but after purging have learned that the woman within just comes back. The challenge is to find a balance and to live within that.

It is all about the journey. Embrass it and it can take you places you never thought were possible.

Girl
05-09-2010, 05:09 AM
For me, it's just that I love being feminine.:battingeyelashes:

AKAMichelle
05-10-2010, 12:40 AM
passing takes a long time. Think of it like a teenage girl working for all of those years on different looks, before they finally settle on one which they like. Teenage girls practice all of the techniques which you think must be mastered in just a few weeks or days. It takes years sometimes to find the right look. The right hair style and you look almost passable. The wrong hair style and from a plan the passengers can tell that you are a cd'er.

Lexine
05-10-2010, 01:07 AM
I CD because I feel like I'm James Bond, but in women's clothing. I can slip into seemingly familiar situations without anyone treating me the same way as I would if I were a boy and it allows me to take a personal inventory of myself in the process.

There's a lot of different reasons why people CD, and I think really the most important thing is that it satisfies your needs rather than getting too hung up on the "Hows" or "Whys."

lady sawdust
05-10-2010, 01:28 AM
I've started giving it more thought lately, but I honestly couldn't tell anyone why I crossdress; I don't know myself.

zoe85
05-10-2010, 06:25 AM
I have no idea why i like it but i know i can't stop. I've tried so many times but i'll always go back.

I know i can't pass but i'm sure with more time i'll get it right one day...

mrpink50
05-10-2010, 06:29 AM
it excites me physically and mentally:)

~Michelle~
05-12-2010, 03:32 AM
Crossdressing is a lot of fun

That's just how you perceive it. I on the other hand have a love and hate relationship with it.

MrKunk
05-12-2010, 03:53 AM
Most of us have this fetish start from something that either happened during childhood or as an young adult.

Deborah Jane
05-12-2010, 04:02 AM
I found someone who is completely ok with it, to the point of being downright encouraging [my wife]
Her answer to the question
"Why is it that I like to crossdress when I know I could never be passable." was.....

"Because it's a part of who you are!"

I guess that answer is appliable to most of us :)

Jonianne
05-12-2010, 04:06 AM
I like to crossdress, because I like to identify with females.

It doesn't matter whether I'm passable or not.

That will never go away and I feel honored to have been blessed with that desire. I'm glad I don't desire to identify with a lughead or thug!

suchacutie
05-12-2010, 03:28 PM
It turns out that it was very simple for me once I realized that this feminine person was a part of me and I had NO idea who she was! The drive to understand her and let her be her own self is just enormous! She has a lot to learn about being feminine, so I imagine it will be a long adventure, and whether she does this in the confines of 4 walls or out and about really doesn't matter!

tina

Jaclyn NM
05-12-2010, 06:50 PM
For me, I don't really care about being passable, since at this point in my life I can't go out dressed anyways, but fifteen years ago, I could and did, and was reasonably passable. But my main point is that I crossdress, even if it is just at home, because I just love the feel and look of feminine clothing, and I especially love wearing real high heels. And for me, that's enough of a reason to just keep on doing it.

t-girlxsophie
05-12-2010, 07:11 PM
The first thing my Wife knew about me was that I was a Crossdresser,even before she even knew my guy name or what colour eyes I had.she knew it was a large part of who I was and that she loves all of me,my point is be yourself,enjoy your dressing its not bad to feel enjoyment doing what you love,and dont worry about passing it doesn't (in my case anyway) lessen what we do,dont beat yourself up about it just have fun

sherri52
05-12-2010, 07:14 PM
We do it because it make us feel good. Like you I want to meet the perfect SO that will accept my dressing. Until that day I'll dress alone and meet with the girls here

meleny
05-13-2010, 12:18 AM
It makes me feel sexy! I definitely have a feminine person that is inside of me. Gender rolls are far to defined. A woman can be rough, tee-shirt and jeans person and that's OK but a man that is smooth and likes to dress in skirts and makeup is a freak? I think a lot of men live in denial and that is a sad fact!

Pattie O
05-13-2010, 01:40 AM
I love to crossdress because it allows me some escapism and freedom to express my inner self

eluuzion
05-13-2010, 03:06 AM
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind" Basically, it is made up of two separate words..."mank" and "ind". So what do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

:love::eek::love:

On a serious note, I have always believed that whoever came up with the concept of a "walk-in" closet, is ultimately responsible for starting this whole thing.

then again, I may be wrong...I don't think I can be serious after all...:D:o:D

HaveFun/BeHappy

BobbieCrescent
05-13-2010, 04:41 AM
i totally relate to this topic.

I look absolutely horrid when i dress up, even in cute things. I will literally never look even remotely like a female, despite how bad i may want to. Still there is a little part of me that enjoys it.

It really would be nice if i could either look decent or never enjoy it.

Angiemead12
05-13-2010, 04:46 AM
I Dont care if Im passable or not, I just wan to look HOT! :battingeyelashes:

Fab Karen
05-13-2010, 07:18 AM
*sings* I love crossdressing in the springtime, I love crossdressing in the fall...

Anneliese
05-13-2010, 07:54 AM
I like it because it's an expression of who I really am. I get excited thinking about getting home and getting dressed, or of getting up early in the morning to do so. I have gone through phases, but the current one is the most serious I've ever experienced. I literally want to be dressed every single solitary second, but at this point, that means every second not out in public.

I believe I could pass, but (go ahead and laugh), the first thing I'd have to do is shave my beard and mustache off. They are relatively recent additions to my face, and I like the look...when I'm not dressed. The true sign I've taken the next step will be if and when I shave my beard. I've gotten many compliments for how "distinguished" I look with it, and the move would be questioned.

The last time I dressed regularly was about 7-8 years ago. I had no facial hair then, and I dabbled in using makeup. During that time, I was more into traditional dress-up...heels, dresses, pantyhose, etc. This time, my primary look is natural hippie chick.

I was just becoming a vegetarian when I last dressed regularly. Now I'm vegan and working out every day, so I weigh about 40 pounds less, and I've been using facial toners, doing a lot of yoga, and having essential (flowery) oils going in a diffuser in my bedroom for months. Truthfully, while going through a stressful time at work, the discovery of essential oils and seeing a wonderful wig for $5 at a thrift store was the beginning of the every-minute-I-can-possibly-be-dressed times I'm in right now.

Loving every second!

docrobbysherry
05-13-2010, 10:16 AM
NOT going out dressed for me, means:

1. No worries about having to wear uncomfortable things for long periods
2. No compromising my dressing. I can wear ANYTHING I like
3. No stressing about possibly being found out
4. No worries about trying to "fool" anyone, except me
5. No worries about being caught out without my-----------?
6. Lastly, there's NO worries of angry villagers with pitchforks and torches

I think CDing should be FUN! If passing is stressful, just DON'T DO IT! :)

Pikaxdresser
05-13-2010, 02:48 PM
I dress because I want to and because womens clothes are better then mens clothes .

Dawn Andrews
05-13-2010, 02:55 PM
I love to dress whenever I can. I look forward with excitement when Im working thinking about how Dawn will dress later. Sometimes I get home and just cant bring myself to dress - I scare myself with 'what-ifs' too often.
When I do dress, I try on many clothes - I can never be satisfied and think 'right, tonight its a dress and nothing else'.
Already looking to the next opportunity which will be at the weekend.

Dawn x

Lainie
05-13-2010, 03:24 PM
... that GGs dress for themselves and each other, not for men. Style is rhetoric--a form of communication, with which we express ourselves.

So dressing up in pretty clothes is just the most normal thing in the world--everybody does it. Why the big fuss? :battingeyelashes:

Frédérique
05-14-2010, 09:57 AM
NOT going out dressed for me, means:

No worries about having to wear uncomfortable things for long periods
Honestly, I can’t think of a single uncomfortable feminine anything…:idontknow:
No compromising my dressing. I can wear ANYTHING I like
Yes, non-compromising. Pro-choice across the board…
No stressing about possibly being found out
I agree, since I do what I do for my own pleasure…
No worries about trying to "fool" anyone, except me
When you go to such great lengths to incorporate all of your hidden and visible qualities in such a magnificent presentation, how can you possibly think about “fooling” anyone, especially yourself? :straightface:
No worries about being caught out without my-----------?
I just plan ahead and keep my made-up eyes open…:battingeyelashes:
Lastly, there's NO worries of angry villagers with pitchforks and torches
They may be out there – I can’t tell. However, if I was ever confronted by an angry mob, I wouldn’t confront them in any way. My inborn docility and calm demeanor would unnerve them (I just know it), and they would soon move on to another hate target. No torches needed here in central Kansas – everybody is out of sight by 8PM, and in bed by 9…:doh:

KimberlyR
05-14-2010, 10:31 AM
For me, it is about expressing my feminine side. I’m not interested in passing. If I wasn’t 6’2”, 200# I might be, but I am who I am. I like girl stuff, clothes, makeup, shoes, all the pretty stuff. I like the feel and fit of women’s clothing, shaved legs, and floral scents. I feel pretty and sexy en femme.

Women’s clothing and accessories are also fun. As a guy, I pick black or brown, select a tie (from a fairly large collection I admit. It’s the one place a guy can be expressive with clothes), put on one of two pairs of shoes, a jacket and I’m out the door. Look around at a bunch or professionals meeting, guys in black and brown, ladies in all sorts of outfits and accessories. And I’ll bet that most CD’ers have more women's shoes than men's.

And, yes, I would agree with everyone who mentioned that being en femme completed them. When I was hiding it, something was missing. I couldn’t be myself. I am still not completely out, but my wife is understanding and supportive.

~Michelle~
05-15-2010, 04:21 AM
1. No worries about having to wear uncomfortable things for long periods

Honestly, I can’t think of a single uncomfortable feminine anything…

High heels, boots or any other shoes, garter, corset, cheap bras...comfortable?

melina
05-15-2010, 10:35 AM
I really dont know, but what I do know is it makes me feel good.

I used to think it was a split personality thing, but It seems in later years, to be merging. I mean like wearing panties, girl shorts, going to tanning salon while male. It is impossible for me to give up masculinity, but enfem is a thrill and I think it fires a totally differnet wiring mechanism in my brain. Have purged 3 times in 30 years, always comes back for me. totally secret, but some suspect

Abbey Lane
05-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Well we all have our emotions thoughts on this subject. Whether we are born with this traot or instinct or we somehow get attached to a piece of clothing when young or one of the parents wanted their child t o be a girl . Whatever it is it surely doesn't go away. How many times have we all said okay I'll
stop and purge my clothes and within a year your back looking or buying and the urge starts again. For me in my earlier years 5-12 just a nice feeling of the silk stockings or the smooth girdle. Then in my later years after I started a real job and professional career it was knowing that a lot of pressure was eased off when I wore my feminine attire. I feel so much more relaxed and comfortable when I am dressed. Being home at my job really has helped my relaxation and stress of my job. So that 's my long drawn out answer.