PDA

View Full Version : Being transgendered

NathalieX66
05-07-2010, 02:48 PM
How does anyone discern the difference between fantasy and self-realization? Does it matter? ....just askin'.

Kathi Lake
05-07-2010, 02:54 PM
There's a difference?

:)

Kathi

kellycan27
05-07-2010, 02:56 PM
There is a difference when you live it everyday 24/7. The fantasy part kind of slips out the window.

Karren H
05-07-2010, 03:05 PM
I don't even know what self-realization means?

Gerrijerry
05-07-2010, 03:20 PM
for most they both start the same way. for the trans person it feels correct inside it is not about dressing in female cloths but looking the way you feel. For the crossdresser it is something that makes you feel good for a short time stress releif or sexual but just more for fun and excitement.like breaking the rules (almost like going fast on a highway)

SuzanneBender
05-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Fantasy is walking down the street in the hottest fashions arm in arm with the ladies of sex in the city. Fantasy is about you and only you. It is narcasistic at best.
Self realization is being the best person you can be. For most of us it involves accepting who you are and how you fit in the world. Self realization is walking down the street in a comfy pair of jeans holding hands with your spouse and your kids and realizing that it is better than any fantasy that you could ever dream up.

Kate Simmons
05-07-2010, 05:33 PM
The difference is accepting reality "as is" as opposed to making your own. We are quite capable of doing both.:battingeyelashes::)

msniki48
05-07-2010, 05:38 PM
for most they both start the same way. for the trans person it feels correct inside it is not about dressing in female cloths but looking the way you feel. For the crossdresser it is something that makes you feel good for a short time stress releif or sexual but just more for fun and excitement.like breaking the rules (almost like going fast on a highway)

Gerri, i must say that is most inciteful....never tought of it that way...but it is so true .

thanks for making me think

:hugs:

linnea
05-07-2010, 11:34 PM
I think of the difference in very much the same way that Gerrijerry does.

Vicki-Z
05-08-2010, 12:04 AM
There is a difference when you live it everyday 24/7. The fantasy part kind of slips out the window.

I have to agree with Kelly.

Vicki :hugs:

Sheila
05-08-2010, 03:57 AM
I don't even know what self-realization means?

Here you go Karen ...... google the idiots best friend ......... I use it a lot :heehee::heehee:

Webster's dictionary defines self-realization as:
"The fulfillment by oneself of the possibilities of one's character or personality."

Seems a good definition to me :)

noeleena
05-08-2010, 05:14 AM
Hi,

Oh dear you mean whats real & whats acting or make belive.
Fantasy , to belive your some thing you are not .

Now i dont have a problem with that if in its own context you know its not real.

For this kid my life as a woman is real no play acting no trying to be some one im not & the best part, is being accepted for who i am as a person in thier own right,

& yes , ........ it does matter a lot .........to me to know who you are & not try to be what was being accepted that you should be by others , had enough of that for 50 damm years , sorry those ?? really do get to me .
Im just..... so...... thankfull iv had 12 years to be able to be my self . & YES a WOMAN.,

...noeleena...

Angiemead12
05-08-2010, 05:29 AM
Im still in fantasy mode coz Im stuck at home!

Jenny Gurl
05-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Fantasy is walking down the street in the hottest fashions arm in arm with the ladies of sex in the city. Fantasy is about you and only you. It is narcasistic at best.
Self realization is being the best person you can be. For most of us it involves accepting who you are and how you fit in the world. Self realization is walking down the street in a comfy pair of jeans holding hands with your spouse and your kids and realizing that it is better than any fantasy that you could ever dream up.

Very well said:clap:

Deborah Jane
05-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Fantasy is when you walk into a bar and think you're the hottest chick in there and thinking everyone is drooling over you :battingeyelashes:
Reality is when you walk into a bar and know one even gives you a second look :)

morgan51
05-08-2010, 07:00 AM
I agree with Susanne and Kelly I feel very right and happy just being myself 24/7

MissKara
05-08-2010, 12:18 PM
To be honest, if I wasnt still living at home with my mother (Who said she would have a heart attack if she saw Kara), I would be Kara 24/7.

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

Sarah Doepner
05-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I would suggest that fantasy is one step in the visualization of where you want to go. It is the "Reaching for the stars" part. Self-realization is knowing how far it is possible to move on that path and is the "while keeping your feet on the ground" part.

As with so much else we do, finding the balance between them is so important and so difficult.

Joanne f
05-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Fantasy is maybe something out of the ordinary you would like to do and self realisation is something that you needed to do , although i am sure you could fantasise about doing what you need to do as much as doing what you have fantasized about doing :doh:.

Suzy Harrison
05-08-2010, 05:42 PM
For me fantasy was just dreaming of how I'd love to be

and

Realisation was when I discovered that it was possible after all

Andromeda
05-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Fantasy is early form of of self-realization. Because fantasy is a form of exploration it is the first step to self-realization. Without fantasy we can only be what our parents and culture have trained us to be.

Mistybtm
05-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Fantasy is early form of of self-realization. Because fantasy is a form of exploration it is the first step to self-realization. Without fantasy we can only be what our parents and culture have trained us to be.

Very well put. On my off days from work i am 24/7 the only time i dress in drab is when i go to work or have errons to run, othere than that i am always dressed.

Jonianne
05-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Fantasy can be practice for realization or it can be fantasizing just for fun, a way to get to where it would not be possible or practical in real life.

However believing and living in a non-realistic fantasy world keeps you from getting to where you really could go. They used to call that "pipe dreams".

Self-realization or self actualization (in Psychology: the achievement of one's full potential through creativity, independence, spontaneity, and a grasp of the real world. Dictionay.com) is when we are able to live the life we previously strove for and dreamed of.

olga
05-08-2010, 07:32 PM
The difference is accepting reality "as is" as opposed to making your own. We are quite capable of doing both.:battingeyelashes::)

“I reject your reality and substitute my own” (Adam Savage, Mythbusters)

For me the most difficult part is to figure out how much of my fantasy is actual reality pushed away by guilt and fear.

I’m working on it… and it’s a fascinating process, although very painful at times.

olga

Traci Elizabeth
05-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Fantasy is what we dream for ourselves. Realization is the courage we have within us.

Hopefully the former begets the latter!

maryannnite
05-08-2010, 08:02 PM

well said hun we all start or started at a point and work toward what it is that we want to beor what we are , its not alway easy for evey tg

kellycan27
05-08-2010, 09:44 PM
Fantasy is what we dream for ourselves. Realization is the courage we have within us.

Hopefully the former begets the latter!

......................move forward

MrKunk
05-08-2010, 10:44 PM
my existence like this is because I actually feel it. I have always felt very feminine. I am sorry it is nothing more or less than that.

Frédérique
05-09-2010, 01:51 AM
How does anyone discern the difference between fantasy and self-realization? Does it matter? ....just askin'.

Just answerin'! :heehee:

Fantasy has its place, but I have a hard time fantasizing about crossdressing, or anything for that matter. I can’t get away from myself, and, since I’ve been doing this a long time, I’m comfortable with the reality I’ve constructed from found materials. There’s no sense dabbling in fantasy* at this point in my life – I know exactly how I want to “be,” look, and feel. I want to blend-in and go unnoticed, rather than stick out as an exaggerated caricature of a female. The latter is all about fantasy, while my self-realization actually works in the outside world. I’m under no illusions, visual or otherwise, so I stay within myself at all times. Keep it real...:thumbsup:

*Science fiction can't hurt, though...

Freddy12
05-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Fantasy is a dream. Self-realization is recognition of who you actually are. I think they are very different.

eluuzion
05-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Well, my answer has two versions…

1) Based on my observations of today’s society…

Fantasy is “convincing yourself” that somebody other than you can define your life or show you the way to reach your full potential.

Self-Realization is what a cult promises you that you will reach after you…
- Stop thinking for yourself,
- “Disown” your family, friends, common sense, cognitive logic
- acknowledge a used car salesman as a guru and blindly follow his commands
- adopt a secret language
- sign over all of your assets to the cult,
- proclaim that you are the enlightened one (but the guru is needed to explain how and why)
- sign up and pay for the next “level”, while religiously recruiting new members

2) Based on my personal perspective…

Fantasy is what you envision when you are in the closet, looking at yourself in the mirror when you are cross-dressed. You dream about being able to reach your full potential in life dressed as the person in the mirror.

Self-Realization is actually going downstairs as you are dressed, to enjoy a holiday dinner with a house full of family and friends who already fully accept and support you. You have taken the steps in real life to make that a reality.

Just my thoughts…:)

Kaitlyn Michele
05-09-2010, 08:20 AM
Fantasy is what you envision when you are in the closet, looking at yourself in the mirror when you are cross-dressed. You dream about being able to reach your full potential in life dressed as the person in the mirror.

Self-Realization is actually going downstairs as you are dressed, to enjoy a holiday dinner with a house full of family and friends who already fully accept and support you. You have taken the steps in real life to make that a reality.

Just my thoughts…:)

:iagree:

tamarav
05-09-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm confused. So the fantasy I have been living is now my reality? Or is it the other way around?