PDA

View Full Version : Renaissance

meleny
05-07-2010, 10:53 PM
I am going to go to a support group in SEPA called Renaissance. Does anyone have any experiences they could share? I'd love a little heads up on what to expect.

NathalieX66
05-07-2010, 11:00 PM
There are a few members here from the Philly area that I know of . I haven't attended yet, but inevitably will, mainly because of my schedule. Your profile is too new to allow me to send a PM, mainly because you haven't posted frequently enough.

Rennaisannce, I would expect, is another support group or organization. I think you should contact them, and tell your situation, that's my advice.

Kate Simmons
05-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Depends on the individual group really. In mine they did a welcoming "round robin", basically a business meeting, then refreshments and socializing. Sometimes they had a guest speaker or salesperson with jewelery, wigs etc. After the meeting some went to a TG friendly "watering hole" but that was voluntary.:)

msniki48
05-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Rennaisannce, I would expect, is another support group or organization. I think you should contact them, and tell your situation, that's my advice.

Rennaissance, is a support group Nathalie...NJ support was part of rennaissance up till about 2 yrs ago, then broke off on their own. politics, and moneys as such, but as a caring support group...they are wonderful!

Got me out of my house, andhelped me grow in so many ways... i highly recomend Rennaissance.

enjoy your first meeting meleney:hugs:

meleny
05-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks so much everyone. I'm looking foward to my frist meeting. Now that I have started to come out I feel excited, less ashamed, happy, the list goes on. I will wait till after my first meeting to begin to set goals. A girl needs goals. I'll keep everyone posted and thanks once more!

renee k
05-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Hi Meleny,

When you go to Renaissance, be sure to talk to my friend JennyJ. She's a gem of a person, and will help you get settled in.

Renee

JamieG
05-08-2010, 11:19 PM
I assume you mean the Renaissance in King of Prussia? I live about an hour north of there, and make it down a few times a year. It's a large group and really runs the entire TG spectrum. You're bound to find at least a few people who's story is similar to yours. I have some great friends that attend regularly. I know attending a support group for the first time can be really nerve wracking, but once you get there and start talking to people, you will be amazed at how quickly you get comfortable.

Jamie

Jenny J
05-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Hi Meleny-

If you are going to the REN meeting this Saturday night be sure to look me up. I'll be the pretty one. :heehee:

Don't forget your dancing shoes. :twirl: Angela's Laptop Lounge is just up the road and you'll have a great time there too.

Oh and bring some ear plugs. It's a might loud but who cares, it's a fun place.

See you there.

Jen

:rose2: