PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

eluuzion
05-07-2010, 10:58 PM
There are many stories that involve "stepping out on the patio" etc. when dressed (usually at night to avoid being seen).

Imagine this scenario.

It is finally nightime. You are all dressed up and step outside onto your balcony and pull the slider door closed. Just as it closes you see your slider door security bar that was propped up in the track inside, fall down against the door, locking you out on the patio. Of course, your keys are still inside.

What would you do?

Alicia.80
05-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Since I live in an apartment, I'd call maintenance to let me in. But then I go out regularly in public as me.

linnea
05-07-2010, 11:22 PM
I would quickly locate that spare key that I had stashed near the incinerator and get back into the house--LOL.

AllieSF
05-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Cry!

Mistybtm
05-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Break the glass get back inside change and head to home depot and replace the door:2c:

docrobbysherry
05-08-2010, 12:19 AM
Slide down the chimney!:brolleyes:

Melissa73
05-08-2010, 12:34 AM
i know the feeling, i actually did this! but of course i was living at a local motel (where i was employed). And one nite when the power went out, i was feeling gutsy. However as i stepped out my cat ran out of the room. And before i knew it, i had let the door close. there i was wearing a blue demin skirt and blose .,..bra and panties and socks. and holding a cat!. fortunately, i knew our maintence room was unlocked and unmanned. but when i travelled 2 flooors down, my key was missing.

so not to out myslef, i took the blouse and bra off and wrapped my self in a bed spread....and marched up to the front desk, saying i was locked out due to my cat

meleny
05-08-2010, 12:50 AM
I used to live in and apartment in the city. There was a small roof top deck just outside our apartment living room and bed room. The deck was privet as the building next to us was much taller and there were no windows on other building (it was an old movie theater). My wife was out with a friend and was not due home for hours so I, of course, take this op to slip into something a little more comfortable. Namely a pair of panties and pantyhose. I slipped out to the deck to grab a smoke and was enjoying myself when I hear the door at the bottom of our stairs open and hear my wife and her girl friend banging up the stairs! @$#^&%!!!! My first thought was to strip. I would rather be caught naked that have my wife and her friend discover my secret. I ended up just playing it cool. My wife must have forgotten something because they split after just a few minuets. No harm done except for the ageing 10 years in one second.

Midnight Skye
05-08-2010, 12:50 AM
I'd hope there weren't any boys in the bushes because crawling through a window would be looking real good... and my skirts are a touch short!

Annaliese2010
05-08-2010, 01:17 AM
IDK, I own a house but...I think I'd break the window unless I had a trusted friend I'd have given a key in case of emergency - which, I guess I wouldn't have such a one, so...where's that brick, damn it!

JOJO44
05-08-2010, 02:00 AM
I am so scared of that happening that I always double check the lock AND have a set of keys with me!:heehee:

Loni
05-08-2010, 02:09 AM
never happened to me...yet. :eek:

but i do have spare back up keys for just such a case.truck and house stashed in special places only i know about. :D

some were there is a 1998 dodge 1/2 ton pu with a spare door key hidden under the front bumper, in a spot in the frame, and the new owner does not know about it. :)

now with all this said i will lock my self out of the house this week. :doh:

Frédérique
05-08-2010, 04:34 AM
It is finally nightime. You are all dressed up and step outside onto your balcony and pull the slider door closed. Just as it closes you see your slider door security bar that was propped up in the track inside, fall down against the door, locking you out on the patio. Of course, your keys are still inside. What would you do?

Well, I never leave the house without my keys, even if I only go outside for a second – I’ve been locked out of the house before (not this house, but a house), so I’ve learned my lesson. To answer your question…

Depending on how high the balcony was, I would most likely surrender and call for help or wait for help. No sense breaking a window and ruining my femme clothes, you know. :battingeyelashes: Since you’re on a balcony, why not wait for sunrise, and then do a Mussolini impression en femme? Guaranteed to make you and your audience smile, as long as they have fascist tendencies (that shouldn’t be too much of a problem), and get you through this unusual crossdressing trauma. Come "out" and have fun with it. I AM WOMAN…WOMAN IS ME…LONG LIVE WOMAN!!!

Deborah Jane
05-08-2010, 04:36 AM
Run around like a headless chicken panicking

Angiemead12
05-08-2010, 05:24 AM
hahaha I would laugh hysterically then try breaking the window in.

noeleena
05-08-2010, 05:53 AM
Hi.
As one said how high up are you . i would consider my oppstions if there was no way of climbing down or up . or side ways . you wont break the glass unless you have a hammer or some thing that you can use & more like no tools .
I would shout for some help . & show a bit off leg .....he he .... well,,,,,

...noeleena...

BRANDYJ
05-08-2010, 05:59 AM
I used to have nightmares about this happening. It would wake me up and never did I dream of the way back in!

I'd panic and figure out some way back in. Even broken glass would be worth it to me rather then face the humiliation of being caught. Of course if my SO lived with me, I'd wake her and ask her to let me in. After she stopped laughing at my predicament and fake not letting me in, she'd open the door....I hope! lol

Annie D
05-08-2010, 06:03 AM
Compose myself, hope that my makeup looked good, straighten my skirt and blouse and knock on the manager's door and explain what happened. From that time on I wouldn't have to worry about being locked out.

Freddy12
05-08-2010, 06:05 AM
I would yell for help. make up a story about someone getting into my apartment and making me dress like this then locking me out! I might not be believable, but some people will believe anything.

Karren H
05-08-2010, 01:42 PM
Jump off the balconey... The headlines would be awesome... And I wouldn't be around to be embarased..

My luck I'd be on the first floor balconey and I'd break my nose and soil myself... Dragging myself around the house only to find I left the front door unlocked.. And a burgler had come in while I was laying in the bushes.. And stole everything including all my male clothing. Leaving only my female stuff.. Yeah.. That's what I'd do..

Annaliese2010
05-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Well, I never leave the house without my keys, even if I only go outside for a second – I’ve been locked out of the house before (not this house, but a house), so I’ve learned my lesson. To answer your question…

Depending on how high the balcony was, I would most likely surrender and call for help or wait for help. No sense breaking a window and ruining my femme clothes, you know. :battingeyelashes: Since you’re on a balcony, why not wait for sunrise, and then do a Mussolini impression en femme? Guaranteed to make you and your audience smile, as long as they have fascist tendencies (that shouldn’t be too much of a problem), and get you through this unusual crossdressing trauma. Come "out" and have fun with it. I AM WOMAN…WOMAN IS ME…LONG LIVE WOMAN!!! Hahaha...you're writing has such style and distinction: good humor, imagination and fastidious language simultaneously expressed is a rarity. Gotta love it. Words that paint i.e. evoke imagery, such as that bizarre, almost felliniesque Il Duce vignette; convey good humor; yet with righteous contempt complain of social injustice; with good design by the thoughtful use of grammatical constructs - are words well employed and by their reading, time well spent! I'm an unabashed fan, Frederique.

Your artistic mind and politic is the mirror image of mine, of rational and scientific bent. East & West may never meet, yet by their difference fascinate!;)

siantv2003
05-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Break the glass get back inside change and head to home depot and replace the door:2c:

Think that I'm with you on this one!

Andy66
05-08-2010, 02:15 PM
I've locked myself out many times. (I'm a slow learner.) When I had a house I would break in. Now that I'm in an apartment, I go to the office, which luckily is open 24 hours, and get the spare key.

Joanne f
05-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Well if you can get back in you have just found out that a burglar can get in as well :lol2::nailbiting:

Billijo49504
05-08-2010, 02:58 PM
The garage is opened by key pad and spare house key is in the garage, simple!!BJ

Traci Elizabeth
05-08-2010, 03:02 PM
This is way too simple.

Just totally undress . Turn your top inside out & wrap it around your privates. Stick the remaining clothes in a tight ball in the corner of the balcony. Then either climb down if possible or keep screaming for help from below.

Now if you are on the 100th floor of a center city high-rise, you are totally screwed. But then I would wonder why you had any locking mechanism on the sliding glass door to begin with? Who the heck is going to scale a 100 plus floor high-rise? :D

Christinedreamer
05-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Many moons ago I lived in an open courtyard apt so common here in Socal.

I had a second floor apt. At the time, all I had to wear were peignoirs (my all time fave outfit) One morning at 3:00am I decided to go to the front entrance and get a morning paper. 3:00 am and no one was up. Or so I thought. I was on the other side of the landing from the stairs but right next to the elevator. I called the elevator and pushed DOWN. Imagine my surprise when the doors closed and the car went UP. The door opens and in steps a beautiful woman about 20 or so. I have on no makeup, wig, nuttin but my peignoir.

She didnt say a thing but reached right next to me and pushed the ground floor button. Immediately she also pressed the 2nd floor button and said" I think this is your floor sweety, by the way I love your nightgowns."

She then told me she had seen me before as she gets in late and leaves early.

About 2 weeks later she knocked on my door and when I saw who it was through the peephole I said I was not dressed. She said "oh yes you are and I want to talk to you". I let her in and we talked for about 2 hours.

She ended up being a great friend and came over a lot. She always wanted me in a nightgown even though we never "did" anything really serious. She just liked guys in lingerie. She told me about her little brother and how he always dressed up in her stuff and she just thought is was cute.

Ahhh the memories.

Mistybtm
05-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Many moons ago I lived in an open courtyard apt so common here in Socal.

I had a second floor apt. At the time, all I had to wear were peignoirs (my all time fave outfit) One morning at 3:00am I decided to go to the front entrance and get a morning paper. 3:00 am and no one was up. Or so I thought. I was on the other side of the landing from the stairs but right next to the elevator. I called the elevator and pushed DOWN. Imagine my surprise when the doors closed and the car went UP. The door opens and in steps a beautiful woman about 20 or so. I have on no makeup, wig, nuttin but my peignoir.

She didnt say a thing but reached right next to me and pushed the ground floor button. Immediately she also pressed the 2nd floor button and said" I think this is your floor sweety, by the way I love your nightgowns."

She then told me she had seen me before as she gets in late and leaves early.

About 2 weeks later she knocked on my door and when I saw who it was through the peephole I said I was not dressed. She said "oh yes you are and I want to talk to you". I let her in and we talked for about 2 hours.

She ended up being a great friend and came over a lot. She always wanted me in a nightgown even though we never "did" anything really serious. She just liked guys in lingerie. She told me about her little brother and how he always dressed up in her stuff and she just thought is was cute.

Ahhh the memories.

wow sounds like a missed opportunity :2c:

Cheryl T
05-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Sit down at the cafe table and relax while I wait for my spouse to come home and let me in.

ArleneRaquel
05-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Jump ! :eek:

DonniDarkness
05-08-2010, 08:26 PM
This topic reminds me of the play "Murder by Misadventure"

Barbara Dugan
05-08-2010, 09:28 PM
I am a lockmisth, I can handle that situation:D

Karen__Starr
05-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Consider this might happen ahead of time and take steps to not allow it to happen. For instance I keep house keys available in several places in the event I lose either them. I keep a spare car key in a mounted safe in my car trunk and an extra alarm to open the trunk/car doors in several locations in waterproof containters.

It never hurts to spend the dollars to guard against issues such as the one you just mentioned. I purchased two extra car remote opens at $80 a pop mainly because of one failing on my last car but also is good in cases such as this. When purchasing my car safe I made sure it had a key punch access powered by batteries that could also be hooked up to a DC power supply plus came with several keys to open manually. There are many advantages to having a car safe in your trunk while one is mentioned above my main reason is for storing my self-defense firearm when I can not carry it such as courtrooms or wearing clothes which do not allow me too or simply do not want too by like the idea to have it close by.

Nicole Erin
05-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Well if you can get back in you have just found out that a burglar can get in as well :lol2::nailbiting:
Good security check yes?

HArd to speculate though, it is best to NOT learn what you would have to do,
I mean what if this happened even in drab when you are hiding nothing.

I think it is appropriate to say - Don't get caught with your pants down...

ummm, (smacks hand) BAD Erin!

AKAMichelle
05-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Try breaking in or call someone with a key to let me in. Since you brought this up I bet the patio security bars are being removed all over the country.

Tina B.
05-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Frist thing, cry! Then break in, my patio will have a heavy flower pot on it, so I'm going back inside.
Tina B.

jenna_woods
05-10-2010, 08:53 AM
I would go get my spare keey, even keep a spare key for my truck in case i get locked once, and i needed it once while shopping dressed,

KateLongman27
05-10-2010, 08:59 AM
I'd either smash the glass or if I were feeling lucky I would do a MacGuyver and use a hair pin to pick the lock.

DeeInGeorgia
05-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Just punch in the number and, Presto!, I am in.

erika130
05-10-2010, 04:09 PM
I would quickly locate that spare key that I had stashed near the incinerator and get back into the house--LOL.

Exactly! I'm glad I'm not the only one, quickly locate one of the spare keys that I have outside the house (i.e car) & get back in, Simple.

JustAlex
05-10-2010, 04:45 PM
My balcony doors don't have spring latches, you have to lock them manually. This is done on purpose to prevent that. I have the same mechanism on windows and they lock automatically.

It's a huge relief because my only way out is to jump from the balcony to the floor below (10th floor to 9th floor). It's a safe jump because my balcony is about 7 to 8 feet receding from the front of the building. The problem is that there's an old woman living alone there. It would be hard to explain why I'm in her balcony in the middle of the night wearing a short nightgown, g string, garter belt and stockings (now that I said it, it sounds like the proper attire for the middle of the night...). And, once I manage to pass that awkward moment, I have to get on the hallway, take the stairs up and wait in front of my door because I don't have pockets in my nightie to carry keys.

As others have mentioned here, I'm extra careful every time I do something like that. More than getting locked, I fear being spotted. With the lights off, I don't think it's easy to tell what's in my balcony (with the exception of my neighbor below if I'm next to the railing). I just moved and I'm still doing angle analysis to identify threats, there are not many buildings at that height close enough to get a clear view and most are in angles with limited view. But, in the end, anyone with binoculars or a telescope could be watching at me all the time and there's nothing I can do to detect or prevent that.

TinaG
05-10-2010, 04:53 PM
I would look into the glass sliding door, Check my makeup, hair and clothing then have my reflection open the door. battingeyelashes:

nvlady
05-10-2010, 07:04 PM
I live in a rural area and never even lock my door unless I'm going to be gone for a week or so.

ArleneRaquel
05-10-2010, 07:06 PM
I would look into the glass sliding door, Check my makeup, hair and clothing then have my reflection open the door. battingeyelashes:

Thats a great reply hon. :battingeyelashes:

sherri52
05-10-2010, 07:10 PM
I have a spare key hidden on one side of the house to open a dorr on the opposite side. If the key was not to be found as it's never been used, I would look for the cheapest window to break.

Alice B
05-10-2010, 07:58 PM
I've had this happen and we have a house, not an apartment. My wife was gone so I had to climb thru some bushes, walk around the house and up the street to my boat yard, then to our pool, where I had a ladder that was out. Then climb up to or bedroom window (slider door) to gain entry. I was lucky as no one saw me. At least I think so?