PDA

View Full Version : Cd-ing as a young teen

jo_ann
08-18-2005, 10:15 PM
What sort of things did you do when you didn't have access to clothes and what not? Here's what I can remember from my youth:

1. Used washable crayola markers for makeup (rubbed to fade it like blush/eye shadow), probably wasn't good for my skin
2. Didn't have curlers, so I found a trick where if you take a thin piece of metal (like a wire hanger) and bend a long "U" shape, you can weave your hair back n forth to give yourself wavey curls
3. When I worked for a retail chain, I was a janitor, so I'd constantly find missing buttons from shirts in the women's section.. many of them (the style at the time) had pearl like buttons, so I'd pick them up and glue them on for earrings
4. Used to find large facial pictures from newspapers/magazines (sometimes posters), and cut a whole in the eyes and mouth, and talked to the mirror like I was that girl
5. Before photoshop, I'd cut out a school picture and tape it to different pictures of women (usually shopping catalogs)
6. Cut hole in the crotch of my underwear and wore it like a bra (preferrably my clean ones)
7. Use black construction paper to make my own false lashes
8. I actually made my own nail set out of aluminum! We had gotten this 1/8" (or thinner) aluminum scrap from a police auction, so I cut the shapes out, hand bent them, and then painted them...

Julie
08-18-2005, 10:57 PM
I went to an all boys military high school in another state (yes that means I lived there, in dorms, with a roommate) I had a pair of flannel pajamas that I cut into shorts. One day, in my sophomore year, I cut out the crotch creating a makeshift skirt. I remember going to bed being the happiest time of my day. Just imagining I was wearing a skirt made me feel so complete. I would ball up under the sheets and feel the bottom edge of 'my skirt' and imagine myself fully dressed, looking all girl.

Another time, when I was in 7th or 8th grade I would go up to the attic with my sister's clothes, change into them, put my boy clothes over them and leave the house. I went to a nearby forest preserve and walked deep into the woods where I would remove my boy clothes and, for a brief moment in time, imagine I was a girl. Yes, I was scared but I so needed this therapy as I had no one to discuss this with.

I was never much of an improvisor outside of a few incidents with clothes. I had four sisters, so makeup and clothes were always just a room away. Only when I went away to school was I forced to really improvise. In my senior year in HS I had my own room and packed a box of girl things I kept under my bed. Every night I would lock my door and take out something to wear to bed.

I was a swimmer and one of the guys on the team shaved for a meet. That was all I needed. That night I went to my room and locked the door. I was on a floor with six other seniors on the top floor of the freshman dorm (we were all selected as senior 'prefects' - we had the authority to discipline the freshmen) and as I started to buzz off the hair on my legs with this antiquated electric shaver, I heard the other guys talking in the hall. When I emerged with hairless legs they asked if I did it for swimming. You already know my answer. :rolleyes: While I did it because I was TG, I managed to shave 10 seconds off my time in the 400 YD freestyle and 6+ seconds off the 200 YD freestyle. From that point on I knew I always had a legitimate excuse to shave. :D

Brianne_bc
08-19-2005, 01:04 AM
Well my teen years werent the greatest.... growing up in the 70s thinking i was the only one in the world who wore his mothers shoes and lingerie, set myself up for disaster. Kids know when someone is different and my shame showed through ultimatly setting me up to be picked on a lot. The plus side was I had my moms shoes and lingerie to wear, till I out grew her shoes. At which time I found a new source of shoes, one of my highschool teachers, Ide hang around after school and steal the odd pair of heels from her class room.

Pamela girl
08-19-2005, 09:00 AM
I had the perfect oportunity when I was 15 until I was 17. I had a job after school cleaning the school which was a private school / church. There were always boxes of clothes that had been donated to the church for an always upcoming yard sale, also the girls usually left their P.E. clothes under their desk or sometimes wore their PE clothes home and left their school uniform under the desk. I was able to drive myself to and from work and I was the only one there. It was heaven because I had no set hours, the job just had to be done. As you can imagine I spent way more time there than it took to do the job. Only one time was I able to find everything I needed to put on a complete school uniform from shoes to a bra, skirt that fit with the blouse, vest and kerchife. To this day there is no doubt in my mind if I had a wig I would have been able to pass and would have made a trip to the store just up the road. I can still remember the Shoes fitting perfect (they were just loafers) socks that came to the top of my calf, The skirt snug at my waist then loose at my hips and the weight of it swinging just below my knees, The bra fitting like it was made for me(the staps at least since I had nothing to fill the cups, well a handfull of tissue) the blouse being a little loose but the vest keeping it in as it fit perfect, not snug not loose just perfect. It was a day when we had a soccer game that ran late so when we got back to school most parents were waiting in the parking lot so most just got off the bus and went to their cars so everybody just left without getting their other clothes. So the outfit I was wearing was from at least 3 different girls.
As you can guess I wore it as long as possible and didn't want to take it off put it back and go home.
Sorry such a long answer to a simple question but it brought back those memories of when I had a body that could pull something off like that and had oportunity.

jade lee
08-19-2005, 12:18 PM
My family had a laundry and I have 5 older sister.

racquel
08-19-2005, 02:14 PM
My family had a laundry and I have 5 older sister.
Oh my God.I think i'll repeat that.
Oh my God. :eek:

Debbie Kong
08-20-2005, 09:38 PM
During most of my teens I had regular access to the closets of other family members. It was my older sister who started it all I think. By age three I believe that I was one of her dolls! I was a most willing subject.

Debbie

Mandy Salamander
08-21-2005, 01:45 AM
'k,,,i guess confession is good for the soul,,kharma,,whatever,,,,besides that was a long,long time ago,,,,, cool to be a hippie back then so i had long hair, never cut between 8th grade and high school graduation,,then trimmed just a bit and not cut again through college,,was strawberry blonde and down to my waist,,,wish i could do that again!!!,,,,,,,make-up i mostly shoplifted,,got pretty good at it too,,,,,,back in those days the salvation army, goodwill, etc. had these huge drop boxes,, they were like dumpsters,,used to crawl inside after dark, with a flashlight and grab everything that would fit,,even knew when truck came to take 'em away so could get widest selection and returns were never a problem,,,i was a bad lil girl,,,

iseiai no okama
08-21-2005, 09:56 PM
Well, i had an older sister, and in addition to borrowing her clothes i also borrowed my mother's clothes, makeup etc. Neither of them had the clothes i wanted to wear however, since my sister wore rather drab and uninteresting clothes, and my mom did as well. i would save sales catalogs and imagine myself having the nice clothes in the ads. Other than that, not anything especially creative. When i moved up here to college, i would rescue women's clothes from the dumpster in the apartment complex when they moved out or tossed stuff. If it fits, grand, otherwise i trade it to a thrift shop for something that does. It's rather apalling to me how wasteful these girls are...

Serena
08-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Well I tried to look as much as a girl as I could without actually going onto the border of crossdressing, but just enough so that I could pretty much pass if I had make-up. When I went into High School, I grew it out, and continued to (and rarely got it trimmed for split ends; honestly, never I've never had a real hair-cut since summer after 7th grade). I also shaved my legs for track in the Spring. In the winter, I would paint my nails, then keep socks on, pretending my feet were cold. And sometimes I would find a pair of pants that were either tight on me in mens, or women's jeans that looked unixex. Other than borrowing my mom and sister's clothes while going en femme, that's about it.

MarinaTwelve200
08-22-2005, 10:58 AM
What sort of things did you do when you didn't have access to clothes and what not? Here's what I can remember from my youth:

1. Used washable crayola markers for makeup (rubbed to fade it like blush/eye shadow), probably wasn't good for my skin

I used Artist 'chalk' "pastels" for blusher and eyeshadow---and watercolor, later artist acrylic paint(water based), 'mars black" for eyeliner and the ocasional "miss kitty" beauty mark.---Mom wasnt big on makeup--lipstick and eybrow pencil and foundation was all she kept on her dresser.

I Still use the artist acrylic for liquid eyeliner though, after some experience with the real stuff, I find the paint covers better, lasts longer and comes off easier and cleaner (soap and water) than the commercial brands of liquid eyeliner i have tried.

Billie Jean
09-19-2005, 10:20 PM
I wore my older sister's clothes and some times my mom's. they were both about the same size. Every now and then I would get caught by my sister and she would raise all manner of cain and call me queer.

DonnaT
09-19-2005, 10:36 PM
There was this white tubular stretchable cloth my dad brought home from the phone company. Haven't a clue what they did with it, but we cut it up for dust rags.

Anyway, one day I took a long section of it, folded and made a tube dress out of it. I could do all kinds of things with it. Fit it over the breasts for a strapless look, cut hole in the side for one arm and shoulder, folded again and make a short skirt. Now, this was in the 60's and I don't remember tube dresses making the fashion scene until the much much later.

luvs_2btickled
09-19-2005, 11:01 PM
I had a sister who was a few years older than me and she always wore skirts, pantyhose, heels, ect. I never had a shortage of anything. After she graduated she got an office job and wore alot of skirt suits. I live with her, so between her clothes and mine, I always have something to wear.

I use to work at a Payless shoes, so I always volunteered to close by myself. I always wore and tried on all the high heels. All the other employees were girls and they always use to leave all kinds of clothes in the backroom and I tried on everything. I use to get the biggest high watching women buy the shoes I wore the night before.

sarah

Jessicafreed
10-12-2005, 08:02 PM
I had a sister who was a few years older than me and she always wore skirts, pantyhose, heels, ect. I never had a shortage of anything. After she graduated she got an office job and wore alot of skirt suits. I live with her, so between her clothes and mine, I always have something to wear.

You are so lucky. My sister only had a few cute outfits for me to wear. She and my mom dressed in drab mostly, so I got most of my first clothes from the church I worked at during their rumage sales every year.

I use to work at a Payless shoes, so I always volunteered to close by myself. I always wore and tried on all the high heels. Sarah

It always has been my dream to work at Payless Shoes and have an endless supply of shoes. The only problem I would have is that I would spend all my paychecks on shoes.

Helen MC
10-13-2005, 03:39 AM
I had one sister two years older than me and of course my Mum. There was a good supply of female clothing for me to borrow as I wished, to begin with my sister's knickers. I would take a pair from the laundry basket, wear them under my trousers that day and return them to the basket the next morning taking another pair. This was discovery-proof .

Wearing other female clothing was a bit more difficult and I could only do this when alone at home. This became really good for me from about 16 when my parents would go off on holiday for 14 days on their own and my sister either accompanied them or went away with her friends. I would stay at home and could then have a great time derssing up in my sister's and my Mum's lovely womanly clothing. As well as their panties which by then I had been secretly been sharing with them for 4 years , I had a feast of skirts, dresses, blouses, bras, sussie belts (garter belts) and stockings to wear. I wore my sister's full school uniform one day, her Girl Guide outfit on another, Party Dresses etc, my Mum's skirts, blouses and stockings on another. I experimented with makeup and although I had quite long hair as boys then had in 1969, I also wore one of my Mum's wigs a nice red-headed one which had hair half way down my back and a black bandeau across it as was then the fashion. In bed I wore a nightie with my (their) panties beneath. On the last day of course I had to sadly end my "Girling" session and go back to "drab" except of course for the panties which I was wearing all the time by that age.

As I was very careful nobody ever found out and I was able to enjoy these "Girling" sessions, as I called them, every so often when my family where away from then until a couple of years later I went to University and left home to live in a bed-sit to begin with , where of course I had the privacy to enjoy my CD activities but alas no longer had an in-house supply of female clothes etc.