PDA

View Full Version : Finally decided

danigrrl
08-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Well this may sound pretty silly to most of you, but I hadn't really and truly ever thought of a name for my femme self. Before I found this forum, I had never even really thought about it because, in my opinion, who would I ever interact with? It's been 26 years and I have never even met a single person like me. So I hybridized my "real" name until I could settle on one that was fitting. After much soul searching, I have decided on Kelly. I was just wondering if anyone else has ever gone through this.

uknowhoo
08-18-2005, 10:30 PM
"a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet"

Kelly's a fine name, I hope it feels right for you.

It's good to have you join us here. Nice pic btw.

Hugs, Tammi

Marsha
08-18-2005, 10:49 PM
I had to go through two variations of finding my female name. The first stage was when my therapist was encouraging me to discover all of the female parts of my inner self..For this I used the name Jennifer because it was not close to my name and allowed me to explore without feeling that there was a risk to "me". After my "coming out into a small coset" I found that I was comfortable with a name that is a variation of my male name. I feel very comfortable being called Marsha. I hope that "Kelly" feels just as normal for you as Marsha does for me. Maybe others have different stories.
By the way, you look beautiful and very feminine.

Sigrid
08-18-2005, 11:04 PM
I've been going through that lately too. I took my name from an old girlfriend of mine. The name, Sigrid, is Scandanavian and she and I are both of Scandanavian decent. She doesn't go by that name though, btw. Maybe one of these days I'll come up with a more fitting name, but I'm not going to force the issue. I'll know when it hits me.

Kelly is a wonderful name... Irish?

Fallen Angel
08-18-2005, 11:37 PM
kelly is a nice name . and its a shame that you lost so much time never having to opertunity to mingle with others. but now you do have fun kelly xxx :D

Tristen Cox
08-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Yep. After about seven years I changed my name to this one, for reasons that the other never really 'felt' like it was me. I can change your user name if you like, just let me know. You only need to add a last initial to make that work(as someone is already using kelly on the board) :)

parris james
08-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Still trying to get mine on :mad:

kristen
08-19-2005, 12:40 AM
i know that feeling all too well, being alone in the decision making. But, like you, i always find a way to get through it

kristen
08-19-2005, 12:44 AM
i agree fallen angel

Stephenie
08-19-2005, 10:00 AM
I also never thought to put a name to my femme self until joining here. As with you I never thought I would met or interact with anyone as a girl. It sounds like you have made a chioce that you like. Kelly is a very nice name. I have never known a Kelly so it has no bad memories.

Nice to meet you Kelly :hugs:

Milla
08-19-2005, 10:15 AM
I still cant come up with a name , I think my birth name might as well cuz my two polarities are one of the same. But here you can call me MIlla . :cool:

KarenXDR
08-19-2005, 10:36 AM
Sigrid: Being one of the few members who has had the privilege of meeting you, I personally will assure you and evryone else, you DEFINITELY need a name change!! Your present handle calls up the notion of the Siegfried Line. When I met you I full expected you had a cannon for a nose.....instead I found an affable and gentle gurl.

How bout Greta...Reeda...

ANYTHING but Sigrid!

Lipstick kisses

Karen

Wendy me
08-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Sigrid: Being one of the few members who has had the privilege of meeting you, I personally will assure you and evryone else, you DEFINITELY need a name change!! Your present handle calls up the notion of the Siegfried Line. When I met you I full expected you had a cannon for a nose.....instead I found an affable and gentle gurl.

How bout Greta...Reeda...

ANYTHING but Sigrid!

Lipstick kisses

Karen
i can say that haveing met her it was a true delight ...call your selfe anyname you please i just proud to call you girlfreind,.....

KarenXDR
08-19-2005, 10:55 AM
You make me sound like a witch...I'm responding to our mutual friend"s STATED concern about hur name.

"Only a friend will tell you your..." slip is showing.

Don't you agree "Sigrid" does not do the gentle gurl justice?

Lipstick kisses

Karen

Sigrid
08-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Thank you Karen... I prefer honest to polite. I never knew how others perceived my name. I've only known one Sigrid in my life and she was very pretty and had a very nice figure, so my point of reference is very different than yours. But, over time I'm beginning to see it from perspective. It doesn't seem to flow softly from the mouth. So, the search is on, but until then, you can call me anything you like... girlfriend works very well, Wendy. :hugs:

Milla, I love your name. Why would you want to change?

Heather_cd
08-19-2005, 11:20 AM
It took me just a little while once I got more into dressing I wanted a nice fem name...and actually always thought Heather was a nice sweet name...I knew several gg's with the name Heather and most of them where very sweet and carring and pretty... so had a :eyes: liking to that name anyway. so I chose to go with that name.

racquel
08-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Hello Kelly (with an initial).lovely avatar.your beautiful.

urban gypsy
08-19-2005, 03:04 PM
it was my wife that suggested my fem name as she couldn't relate to me dressed and calling me buy ny male name.
although it still took a few atempts to get one that suited
big hugs
joanna

Holly
08-19-2005, 06:50 PM
I think Kelly is a great name for you... especially with that beautiful red hair of yours! Hope you don't mind if I call you "friend" as well!

Joanne08
08-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Hi Kelly,

I think you have chosen a wonderful name. I seems to suit your hair color and Avatar photo. I had kind of a similar motivation getting named in that my femme name is a hybrid of sorts. I was lucky enough to have been named fairly early in my crossdressing experiences. Very shortly after I came out to my ex-wife, she helped me with my fem name because it just wasn't fitting to be called by my male name when I was dressed or when shopping. Joanne is a combination of my name and my younger sister's name. She always suggested that I should have been born a girl instead of a boy, my sister and I should have been born in reverse order. I love my fem name, it suits me. The funny thing is my second wife's name is Joanne. I spent a few sessions with the shrink about that!!!

Enjoy whenever you hear your name.

Love, Jo

Julie
08-19-2005, 08:50 PM
Hi Kelly,

One thing you'll find is no matter what you experience and wonder if anyone else has, you will always find someone here who has too.

I had never thought of giving myself a femme name because it was just me and myself that saw me dressed for a very long time. Early on in my marriage (I married at 30) my wife and I were watching "Bosom Buddies (http://members.ozemail.com.au/~peterv/bb/)" she looked at me and called me Buffy. Buffy was the character played by Tom Hanks on the show. For about a year or so she always referred to my femme side as Buffy.

When I found Tri-Ess I and was filling out an application form, they asked for a femme name and I didn't want to use Buffy or another name I was considering taking, Leslie. Then Julie popped in my head. I remembered a girl in college I spent a fun night with, no sex, just lots of fun. She was so beautiful I never thought she even knew I exisisted and then this night happened spontaneously. She was so cool and kind and not at all what I thought a girl who every guy on campus drooled over would be. We laughed and enjoyed each other's company until the sun came up. We marveled at the beauty of the sunrise then shared our emotions with each other. I found her to be more beautiful inside than outside, which I thought impossible.

I remember our conversation and I recall from that thinking her physical beauty made life tough for her because many people kept their distance, especially guys, probably because her beauty was so intimidating. She told me I was the first guy she met at school that didn't try to be someone else (not her words, she said it better). I never told her, but I didn't try because I never thought I had any chance with her, so I was just myself. Instead I told her I really enjoyed the evening and was glad I got the chance to know her. That was in my sophomore year just a few days before the end of the school year. Exams and schedules made seeing her difficult and I didn't return for the fall semester. (Sorry, didn't mean to get off the subject. But it's such a fond memory and once I started writing about it I couldn't stop :o ) Now, it's just a special memory.

Since then I have met many Julies and have liked every one of them. My best friend just married a Julie and I got to meet her a few weeks ago and it still holds true. So Julie is a name that evokes the fond memory of a special moment in my life and reminds me of the Julies I have met and I have enjoyed the company of each and every one. It's my favorite girl name and now you know why.

BTW, Kelly is also up there on my list, partly due to my Irish heritage. It seems to go well with your flaming red hair too. :thumbsup:

Rachel Morley
08-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Hi Kelly,

Kelly is a very nice feminine name. I totally understand why you didn't have a femme name before. I think it was because you didn't interact with anyone and so you didn't need one. Now you have joined this forum things are different.

I like to go as "Angel" because I feel that I am a blend of my female and male self most of the time and so a neutral male nor female name suits me.

Recently though, I have begun to start going out and I guess I feel more feminized when en femme in public, and so I'm wondering if I should adopt a proper girl's name for en femme trips......like say Rachel? This a feminine version of my male name. The problem with this is that I don't know what I would post under....still Angel I guess, I could just keep Rachel for going out and meeting people.....I don't know :confused:

MaylinJane
08-19-2005, 09:26 PM
I kinda played around with a femme names for myself but never really settled on one. When I decided to join up here, I felt that I should come up with a permanent name. My given name being Mike, I wanted to keep the "M" so I went to one of those baby name sites and searched through it and made a list of names I liked. Then I narrowed down the list using numerology to 5. I then gave the list to my wife and asked her which one she liked. That's how I came up with Maylin, it's native american for great waterfall.
Kelly is a great name.

May

~Kelly~
08-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks for all the very nice things said. That's why I love this place so much! All the girlfriends. :love:

MarinaTwelve200
08-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Early on, in the mid nineties, when I first got on the internet, i read in a book that we should have at least Three Screen names--a male, a female and one gender neutral.---that way one could use a different screen name not only for anonimity, but to explore, post and chat in various sites where one's gender might be an issue.

My first name wasnt very easy to feminize, so I chose my middle name, But I didn't like "Martha" nor did I want my sister's name "Mary". After watching an episode of Star Trek, TNG I noticed the actress that played "Troi" was "Marina"(Sirtis) , "Cool "M" name, I thought".and besides she sorta looked related to me, so my screen name became "MarinaTwelve" The 12 came about because the server wanted to name me "Marina 27634" A smaller number is easier to remember, so I wrote out the number. It wouldnt take "Marina One", so it appeared I was NOT the first to think of THAT trick. So I tried different numbers till I got to the lowest one the server would take---Twelve. So my Screen name became Marina Twelve---Since then I have used it as an author pseudonym for my TG stories, and now as My femme name on these CD sites.

BTW, Kelly, I like your wig--I recently got one JUST like it. I'm trying to work out a Blonde look.

nancy58
08-20-2005, 06:07 PM
I decided to join a forum like this one, and I needed a name. This name just popped into my head, and then only afterward did I consider associations. I have a cousin with this name, and I adore her, so that's something, I guess.