PDA

View Full Version : Do you look like your Mom?

Alice Green
05-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Fitting post for today I guess, being Mother's day. Anyways, I've been growing out my hair out, and I was dressed and looking in the mirror and realized I look a little like my mom, we have the same kind, and color hair. I don't think it's a bad thing, and my mom is young for a mother. Do any one else think the look a little like their mom?

linnea
05-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Yes, somewhat like my mom.

Galaxygrl
05-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes -- several people say I look a lot like my mom.

Kathi Lake
05-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Oh GOD no!! She was beautiful. She was a cheerleader/majorette. She was almost homecoming queen, and had a great career as a hairdresser - making others beautiful. Sadly, I look like my father.

Kathi

sissystephanie
05-09-2010, 10:17 PM
Now that I am much older, I am not so sure that I might look like my mother! She died when I was only a 7 y/o. But I certainly did look like her when I was younger. I had her face and her hair color! In fact, when my dear late wife used to do my makeup, I looked very much like my mother in her younger years!

Ellen James
05-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Yes - something I've recognized as I've grown older, I always favored her.

AriannaVillota
05-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Never met my father, and I do take after my mother. With my baby face. xD

Karren H
05-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Oh yeah! And my sister... Sometimes its scarry.

sandra-leigh
05-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Yup, I have a few pictures in which even I get confused at first and think it is a picture of my mother as she looks now. More-so if I am tired. Perhaps a bit less now that I've lost some fat in my face, but even a year ago...

It isn't just my imagination: my mother was showing her friend some family pictures, and the friend asked "Who is that sitting there beside you?", pointing to my sister... who was sitting beside me, not my mother.

RachelZ
05-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Yup I look very much like my mom in femm and I look almost exactly like my dad in drab.

AliceJaneInNewcastle
05-09-2010, 11:12 PM
No, but I have noticed that with the right wig I look a lot like my sister.

Karen564
05-09-2010, 11:33 PM
When I was younger, people always said I looked like my Mom, then as I got older, some said I looked like my Dad...
Now that I've been living as a woman, people say I look like my Mom again...only problem is, she's 83....:battingeyelashes:

I'm just grateful that nobody ever said I looked the the mailman or milkman.....lol

Diane Smith
05-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Yes, I guess I do. A friend once saw a picture of my mother when she was aged 16 or so and pretty much insisted that it must be a picture of me, dressed up. Now I can accept that I might look like my mom, but there's no way you can confuse this old lady for 16 anymore! :)

- Diane

Barbara Dugan
05-10-2010, 12:05 AM
The other day I saw my parents wedding picture and I found that I look like my mom but still have some features of my father in other words I look like one of my sisters:heehee:

lady sawdust
05-10-2010, 01:23 AM
I never really thought about it, but yeah. I do look frighteningly similar to how she would've looked if she weren't such a dirty hippy in her early 20's. :p

t-girlxsophie
05-10-2010, 02:37 AM
My Mother would have a fit If I came to her and Said "hey mum,I look like you when am dressed up" LOL

Lexine
05-10-2010, 02:47 AM
I have some of my mom's facial features, such as her eyes and her lips. Not to brag though, but I've seen photos of my mom when she was in "dating other people" mode and I'll have to say that I put on my makeup better than she did back in her day (^_^;;;)

Loni
05-10-2010, 02:52 AM
not really, but when we are out doing things together, people believe we are husband and wife.:doh:

my mom is blessed in looking much younger than she is,

or i look way to old???

but i do look younger in makeup:heehee:

Cathy J
05-10-2010, 05:54 AM
Yes. Sometimes I think I see some facial similarity when I look in the mirror but that would be normal. What I do have is my Mom's legs. She had beautiful legs.

Jonianne
05-10-2010, 06:01 AM
I can see my mother in my face sometimes, other times I see my dad, but mostly I favor my mother's side of the family and when my weight is much lower, I look just like mom's brother (my uncle) in my face.

mrpink50
05-10-2010, 06:21 AM
yes i like my mother she is so funny:)
although sometimes annoying:sad:

Angiemead12
05-10-2010, 06:23 AM
yep same, i look like my mom!

MissKara
05-10-2010, 07:51 AM
People say I look more like my Dad which sucks, although I have the nose and eyes of my mother :P

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

StephanieDragg
05-10-2010, 08:33 AM
I've had times when looking at my pictures with a certain hairpiece there was an uncanny resemblance to my mom, after some photos once I looked like one of my sisters

KateLongman27
05-10-2010, 08:51 AM
No, not even close. I imagine that would be pretty freaky looking like your mum when dressed up.

KarenCDFL
05-10-2010, 09:03 AM
I remember soon after I told my then fiancé about Karen and had gotten all dolled up and she did my makeup and the first words out of her mouth was

OMG you look just like your mother!

At first I did not know how to take it but my mom was such a beautiful lady, I decided to take it as a compliment.

I miss you Mom! Happy Mothers Day!

Margot
05-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Yes too much so. It's scary.

Pikaxdresser
05-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Yes I look exactally like my mom. Have more of her facial features minus the stache ang goatee.

Jenni_Aurora
05-10-2010, 02:27 PM
when im all femmed up, i look a lot like my mom, to the point where it scares me. When im not, i look like my father, like im a younger clone.

erika130
05-10-2010, 02:45 PM
I look a lot like one of my cousins, she's a bit younger & obviously she's much much prettier, but whenever I see her I can easily see how we're related, if I was as erika that is.

joandher
05-10-2010, 04:07 PM
A few months ago getting ready for bed I walked out of the bathroom in my undies and my wife commented that I had the look of my mum, and I definitely had her legs ,unusual to get a compliment , mum had great legs.

:hugs:

J-JAY

carhill2mn
05-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Yes, I do look something like my mother. I have one photo where I think that I look almost like her. I have another where I think that I look like one of my nieces. My "ex" often said that I acted and talked like my mother!

Sarah Doepner
05-10-2010, 05:14 PM
I look just a little like my mother, but I'm twice her size so it's all lost as I lumber and stumble along.

tiffanyjo89
05-10-2010, 10:18 PM
I've noticed a few similarities between my mom when she was a teen/twenties to me at my current age (20).

One of them is that my mom and I both have a very similar face, but my jawline is a just a bit more prominent and my forehead looks bigger.

Another is our relative skinniness, despite me being about half a foot taller, and probably having twenty to thirty pounds on her at that age (she has a lot more on me now, but that's mainly due to having surgeries where they cut her stomach after she had me and my sister), I think we have a similar build (if you discount some of the male vs female differences again).

I really think had a been born a woman, I probably would've looked just like her...

Now as for other relatives, no. Me and my sister look nothing alike, we think so, and everyone who's ever seen us thinks so as well, and I don't have any photographic or physical samples to use for checking me against other female relatives.

PhillyGuy2Girl
05-10-2010, 11:02 PM
I have my Mother's cheeks and smile. She also had a little temper when someone would wrong her and I have sometimes have it when someone tries pushing my buttons.

Felicity :)

NathalieX66
05-10-2010, 11:14 PM
I look like my aunt and my grandmother, but not my mom. They both have exremely large jaws. The only thing I inherited from my paternal side is my Richard Nixon nose.

one thing I inherited from my mom is her tomboy feistyness, which she got from her father, who had a tough exterior but loved to clean, cook & garden.

eluuzion
05-11-2010, 12:24 AM
I have my mom's eyes (not the real ones, lol) and I have her ectomorph/mesomorph body. The rest of my features probably favor my...shoot, what do you call those guys that are always hanging around criticizing you and giving orders?....Dud, duff...oh yeah dad...that guy. lol

Stephanie Stephens
05-11-2010, 06:59 AM
A little bit ago my step mom said "you look more like your mom every day". Made my day. If she only knew.

TxKimberly
05-11-2010, 07:44 AM
You know, I never could decide. Certainly my mother was much prettier, but do I look "like" her?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3361/3188317692_93e7e99f76.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3046/3047866349_c6d8656600.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/4583902271_334681382c.jpg

Tina B.
05-11-2010, 09:03 AM
In my younger days, everyone thought I was the spitting image of my dad, looks and manners alike. But as I have aged, and put on some weight, it has all changed, taking pictures one day, I noticed a strong resemblance to a picture I had of mom. That got me going through photo albums, comparing her pictures, with pictures of me dressed. Sometime in the last 20 years I have morphed from Dad to Mom, I don't know how, they looked nothing alike.
Tina B.

Carol A
05-11-2010, 12:58 PM
TXKimberly,
Change your hair style to be like her's and I believe no one could tell the difference. :hugs:

Nancy Richards
05-11-2010, 01:53 PM
When I put on my make-up and get all dressed from head to foot, I truely resemble my mother (bless her soul), the first time I found it a bit scarey.

Nancy

Paula G
05-11-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't look anything like my mother when dressed, but I do look like my father's mother in some photos...

Kaz
05-11-2010, 05:28 PM
TXKimberly,
Change your hair style to be like her's and I believe no one could tell the difference. :hugs:

Hi Kimberley, I think the answer is "yes"!! I think you do too :)

I look very much like my sister, but not my mother...

sherri52
05-11-2010, 05:38 PM
When in drab I follow the looks of my father but when dressed I look more like my sisters

Deborah Jane
05-11-2010, 05:44 PM
In a word NO!!!

PretzelGirl
05-11-2010, 10:05 PM
I have always looked just like my father. That is until the last several years. Somehow I have taken the turn and look more like dear old Mom. Strange.

eluuzion
05-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Just curious...

Has anyone ever had people tell you that you looked like the guy who lived next door to you when you were a kid? or worse...the mailman? :heehee:

daviolin
05-11-2010, 11:35 PM
I never thought I did, until the first time I did a complete make over. I took a picture and then veiwed the picture. And OMG I was my mother. It's Bazzare.flickr.com/photos/daviolin

Alice Torn
05-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Was alarmed at how similar i look like my mom, in some pics! Her face structure, and long legs! I used to have a medium auburn wig, and wow, i look like my sister in that! Shorter wigs make me look more like.mom. She is 87 with late Alzheimer's. If she knew, i don't think she'd like it much, but, i think she may have known i did it as a teen, because she tried to get me to go to a shrink! Kimberley, that is amazing! Thanks for sharing, Your mom was so pretty! Love your photo, too. In drab, i look like my incarcerated brothers, and mom's brothers, and a bit like my dad.

Ashley Devon
05-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Absolutely. People tell me that I resemble my mom all the time. My mom says I look like her grandmother.

VanessaVW
05-12-2010, 03:44 AM
I look alot like my mom! I have her hair color, maybe just a bit darker, her eyes and most of her facial features. When made up I really look like her to the point where it's kind of creepy.

Deborah Jane
05-12-2010, 03:49 AM
Just curious...

Has anyone ever had people tell you that you looked like the guy who lived next door to you when you were a kid? or worse...the mailman? :heehee:

Not the mailman, the the local truck mechanic [mind you, he was my Dad :D]

PretzelGirl
05-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Just curious...

Well, my father was the mailman. :battingeyelashes:

StephanieC
05-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Especially now with my current hairstyle

christinek
05-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Sadly I very much do look like my mother.

I do not care for my mother so looking in the mirror to see her is not a bonus.

Kerigirl2009
05-12-2010, 10:56 PM
I never thought i looked to much like my mother seeing as she is a natural woman, and I am a man. However, a few months ago I was having one of those self photo sessions in my LBD and OH MY GOD I was looking at the pictures and my heart skipped a beat because I saw my mother in myself. I remember thinking I look just like my mother, I had butterflies filling my stomach because for the first time I saw myself as a woman and to boot a happy woman.
A few pictures later and I thought I was looking at a profile picture of my sister. I thought OMG we could be sisters. Must of been the cheeks.
But to this day those pictures are my absolute favorite, which I hope to duplicate many times in the future. :)

Mickeytgurl
05-15-2010, 11:26 AM
I never thought so...thinking I looked more like my sister. However, my wife just informed me that I look more like my mother than my sister. I'm not quite sure how to take that...I don't really think of my mother as pretty. Of course, she did say a "thinner" version :)

PetiteDuality
05-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Well, after all, 50% of my genes come from her :brolleyes:

Sarah_GG
05-15-2010, 11:59 AM
I am delighted to report that my SO does not look like my mother in law when dressed. :eek: Imagine!

SO does however look very much like my sister-in-law. Which I found odd in the beginning but have now grown used to.

mapletree
05-15-2010, 12:28 PM
not at all

charlytuna
05-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Funny you brought this up I just said the samething to my a couple month ago. After she help with my make-up I lookm in the mirror and said hey I look just like my mom did years ago

Cheryl T
05-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I've been told I do look like my mom...thankfully I have her nose and not my father's...whew...lol.

"Mary"
05-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Last Halloween my mother told me I look like her sister. Yup, I look like my aunt.

AmiFL
05-15-2010, 10:23 PM
I do think I look like my mom when made up. we have the same nose and face shape. I take it as a compliment as in her day she was a looker.

sometimes_miss
06-27-2010, 11:49 PM
I have my dad's facial expressions and mannerisms. But the first time I put on a wig, I was surprised at how much I looked like my sister. Neither of us physically looks much like either parent or grandparent (other than we're both very tall, and both our parents are tall). Maybe the milkman??

Imogen_Mann
06-28-2010, 05:31 AM
Nooo.... My mum looks like Jack Nicholson, glad I'm look nothing like her.

I think it would feel a bit weird if I did, to look in the mirror and see a shadow of my mum looking back at me.

Anneliese
06-28-2010, 05:43 AM
My Mom was beautiful (and my best friend). People always told me I looked like her. There's definitely a resemblance.

insearchofme
06-28-2010, 08:57 AM
I look like my sister, but she's much better looking.

Kiera79
06-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Yes I think I do. I share her facial structure, lips and her pointy nose. LOL.

sybercom11
06-28-2010, 10:19 AM
One time I took some pictures of myself all dolled up and some time later my mother gave me her old photo albums so I could scan the pictures into my computer.

Lo and behold, when I saw her wedding photos and others from around that same time, I definitely saw me and it was of course very exciting!

charlie
06-28-2010, 10:25 AM
The very first time that I got all made up and put on a wig I saw it. A large part of my mother was looking back at me. For me it was not a bad thing, just surprising.

dennisGTS
06-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh God no! Don't look anything like my Mom...but I do have some slight resemblence to my older sister...kinda weird, I think.

Karen Jane
06-28-2010, 09:15 PM
My mother passed away over 20 years ago but people tell me I look like my moter when in drab and when I go blonde I have a pic of her that I swear we could be sisters.

WomanAtHeart4
06-28-2010, 09:47 PM
Actually,
As I progessed and fulled dressed efem and started taking pictures - I could see my mother to a T. It was scary.
I have heard cding is heretic - whether she knew it was or not - or even knew of cding - I dont know. She must have been concerned as she knew her 10 yr old son was wearing bras and hose.
Or maybe she knew - cding was in the family.
There are alot of family secrets I dont know about!!

Love,
Stephanie

NathalieX66
06-28-2010, 10:08 PM
I have my maternal grandmother's chin, my dad's nose, and my mom's eyes.
I have the same legnth hair as my mom , and I am fortunate to have all of it in my '40s. She bleaches/highlights hers, and I just add Grecian formula to hide the few grey streaks in my hairstyle that somewhere roughly between a brushed back John Lennon circa 1965, and Denis Leary. What's weird is if I trim & pluck my eyebrows, the resemblance gets more uncanny.

FemmeElastique
06-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Not at all! My mother has a completely different skin tone and body type than me. I look like my dad and his family. I look JUST like his late sister. Even my mom jokingly said once that if you put a wig on me I would look just like her. LOL Little did she know, 10 years after she said that, i put on a wig and I did and still do look just like a younger version of my aunt.

Samantha B L
06-28-2010, 11:34 PM
I have a vague resemblance to my mom but only a vague one. I look almost exactly like my dad in drab. I think I look pretty but sort of chubby and childish enfem. I have several overweight girl cousins who I look like enfem. It's funny about moms. My parents were very lenient because they'd both been raised by step parents and they kind of thought they'd give us kids the break they never had by spoiling us just a little bit. I feel like I'd be an ingrate by not apreciating this. But you know,I never thought of my mom as sexy. I mean you can apreciate your mom but I 25% thought of her as a skinny Edith Bunker in poorly fitting middle ager's clothes with thick "Woodsy Owl" glasses hollering at me at to "put that goddam electric train away and get your ass to bed and pronto,tomorrow's a school day"....."I said now!!!!!" I was about 30 years old and I was looking at some snapshots of Mom and I was shocked. She didn't look the way I had remembered her up until then. They say your mind can play tricks on you. Mom had teased hair,a cigarette holder,sunglasses and tight fitting stuff like turtleneck blouses. The pictures were taken around 1970. I was astonished. But then,I don't think most kids see their mom as sexy. I didn't.

Allyson Michelle
06-29-2010, 05:42 AM
well the funny thing about that...

when im in drab, i look more like my mother. i get that all the time.

but when im x-dressed, i personally think i look more like my sister.

Cheryl T
06-29-2010, 05:51 AM
For sure...I've been told and I do believe I look like her.
Glad I didn't take after dad in that respect...oooh, too much makeup then...:heehee:

Faye56
06-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Yes I look like my mum , even to go as far as my wife finding a 1970's photo and me telling her it was my mum. The wife never met her as she passed away before we married , but she had viewed old photos of her and she was able to accept it .......... phew !!!.

carolinoakland
06-29-2010, 12:49 PM
When I showed pic of me as a cd to my mom she thought I looked like sis. After I went full time ts I showed up my sister's and she almost had a heart attack when she opened the door on her deceased mother, aka Me. Aparently I REALLY look like my mom. Carol

Vickii*
06-29-2010, 03:29 PM
I look like both my mom and my sister.

If I was actually a girl though, I would probably have been a better looking girl than both of them, I think. haha.

unclejoann
06-30-2010, 12:08 AM
In recent pictures I notice that I resemble my daughter now that she is older.

Quite a surprise to me. I guess it would surprise her too if she knew.

MichelleBrantin
06-30-2010, 12:57 AM
Yes, I look alot like my mom dressed even my friends have pointed that out before

AlisonRenee
06-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Not even a little bit! She was 5'7 at her tallest and, while I never knew her actual dress size, she had to be a size 0. Tiny, no matter what she ate. I should be so lucky. I do bear some resemblance to women on my dad's side of the family.

5150 Girl
06-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Let me anser this with a couople stories...
My mother has a small farm of sorts, so when she's not at work, she dresses down a bit. I gave her a few of my old beat down NBC shirts to thrash on the farm. Somtimes she'll weare one to the grocerie, and a couple difrent times, somone has came up to her and started talking to her about a news story I did.
One time covering a school board thing (mom is witht he local school system) Somone came up to me and called me by her name, then they almost imidiately realised what they had done, and was like, Oh,,, sorry...

NicoleScott
07-01-2010, 05:38 PM
I came across a photo of my mom at about age 19-20. When made up and wig on, I was the spittin' image !! Now, the older I get, the more I'm turning into my dad.

Karen__Starr
07-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Very very similar but my mother is indeed the better looking one.