PDA

View Full Version : Texted a friend last night to say hello. Checked reply and she was at a make-up party

heathr1
08-19-2005, 12:09 AM
A girl's night in.

In the text, she said it is fun, but of course I wouldn't want to be there.

Actually, being in a room of women talking about and testing/applying make-up would have been heaven.

Any GGs ever said anything to you like this, not knowing how wrong they were?

heathr1
08-19-2005, 07:59 AM
next time. Looking for a gift for a friend or something!

Jenny Beth
08-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Funny you should mention that. My wife's circle of friends have sleep overs for each other's birthday. A few months ago it was my wife's turn to host one of these parties and when that happens I sleep over at a friends house although she knows I'd love to stay and be one of the girls. "They wouldn't understand", she says. Anyway as her friends began arriving I was just about to leave when her best friend said, "Sorry to kick you out of your own house but it's just girlie stuff and you'd be bored". My wife was on the other side of the room and as I looked at her she had a huge grin on her face and I could tell she was trying not to laugh. I replied to her friend, "One of these days I'm going to stick around to find out what is so exciting about girlie stuff". I left and went straight to the liquor store and bought a couple of bottles of wine and returned to the house. "Have fun girls", I said. Well they did, they all painted each others toe nails that night. Damm, I just gotta get in on one of those!

Emily Ann Brown
08-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Jenny Beth,

Have your wife host an open party and invite you...

Emily Ann

Joanie
08-19-2005, 08:34 PM
Reminds of me of giving my wife a certificate for a Lancome makeover that included some of their products. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law found out I went with her and hung around the counter while she was getting the makeover. "Oh, he must have been so bored! How did he manage!" My wife, who doesn't want to see me in makeup but accepts it as part of my private life, could hardly keep from laughing, she told me later.

jjjjohanne
08-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Jenny Beth,
Next time they have one, tell them to have another one at Halloween and they can dress you up. They'll jump on that! (or have your wife suggest it!)

Joe

Jenny Beth
08-20-2005, 10:23 AM
Jenny Beth,
Next time they have one, tell them to have another one at Halloween and they can dress you up. They'll jump on that! (or have your wife suggest it!)

Joe

I like that idea since they've done costumes in the past, one time they were witches and another time they dressed as the characters in the British comedy Keeping Up Appearances. My wife got to be Rose, the sexy gal whose eyelashes are longer than her skirts. She couldn't wait to tell me 'cause she knew I'd be jealous. Unfortunately most of my wife's friends would frown on me dressing as a woman and are big gossips and it would be all over town in a matter of hours. When you are in business for yourself you gotta be careful!