PDA

View Full Version : What do crossdressers think?

Kayla Shadows
05-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Anybody can answer though :)

Why do people have such a issue with things? I'm sure its the "facts".You know,the society that knows it all..We live on a floating object in space,in a universe we hardly even know about and Im supposed to believe people know who and what we are,who we should be and what is "right"? ..Yeah,Im sure we have all the answers

Some of this just goes along the lines of what we would want to say to the world.I started a blog and got some feedback...

"Transgendered people such as tv's,cd's and pre op ts who melt into society as a regular "normal" person,have you met one? You may have shook their hand and never even known.Maybe you even liked them.You would never know them out of their makeup and personal clothing choice.Were your doctors,teachers,police,mechanics,anybody.Even the people fighting for your freedom.Fighting for the right to express yourself while people treat them horrible for being who they are.Funny world it is.Funny how people care so much about what somebody does to be happy when they are hurting nobody.It does make me sad.The trans people who fight and die to protect you,helped you get well again when you needed to most,answered your call when your boyfriend beat you,helped you when you needed somebody...Your Welcome!"

"I'm going to a party tomarrow and there is going to be all kinds of food on the table.Some I may not like and some I may have never seen before.Those options are there though.Nothing says I have to like them.It just means there are people that agree with the taste and enjoy them.They are not bad or horrible for liking them.They are just different..and being different is ok :) "

Late one night I just wrote that little bit.After writing this I received some nice responses and the usual haters.What made me really happy was the personal message.A woman messaged me and said,thank you,you just opened my eyes a lil bit wider today.

All I wanted to do was make one person think...

The last thing that really got me was a post by somebody disgusted by us who said,"what have TG done for society?".
How about : Fought their nations wars,protected its citizens and streets,put out its fires,healed its sick,built its houses,work,put into the economy,you get the hint...

I know how were all supposed to be selfish people but there are still the breed of grandiose,narcississtic people out there who think they are better and right.

If its so bad to be who I am,make my own choices with the life my parents gave me,live my own life and be happy with the time I have here to do so,oh well...Maybe I am the bitch they say :heehee: Depending who you ask,some would say its a good thing.

MissKara
05-10-2010, 08:57 PM
It makes me sad that in a so called Progressive society, there are people out there that thinking that anything that is different is wrong, and there for should be ridiculed. I just recently started a blog of my own and so far I have gotten good responses but the only people who really know are people who I have told about the blog.

IMO, the problem is the anonymity of the internet. Anyone can say anything and be totally anonymous if they wanted to but if someone were to point out who they are, they would be a lot more hesitant to say it. If you saw the guy in the street who made those comments, I bet you he wouldn't have the balls to say it to your face.

We all live our lives as we want to live them and it is sad that people out there enjoy making fun of people who do stuff different to them.

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

jenifer m.
05-10-2010, 11:42 PM
i agree with you.im out and about quite a bit now days and ive never been treated badly to my face,but im sure im judged behind my back for being different but who cares im only concerned with those who do treat me with respect.

Nicole Erin
05-10-2010, 11:53 PM
Well first, when I called you a bitch, you know it was a joke. :hugs:

I know people argue on forums, but yeah random insults on the web from someone who knows nothing about something, it is probably some hunch-back adolescent trying to "pwn".

Ya know Kayla, for the haters you encounter on the web, invite them to SL, Girl would they not be shocked? Introduce them to me, I will dress my avatar her sexiest and have them telling me, "YOU ARE MAN!" in no time :devil:

See in real life, if someone is a hater, there is a possibility of physical threat. But on the web, no one gets hurt. If that was possible, there would be a huge mob of angry web-surfers beating down my door by now, leading the pack would be the guy who told me, "YOU ARE MAN!" What, all I did was offer him... :love:

SandraAbsent
05-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Ya know Kayla, for the haters you encounter on the web, invite them to SL, Girl would they not be shocked? Introduce them to me, I will dress my avatar her sexiest and have them telling me, "YOU ARE MAN!" in no time

Totally off topic, but you should friend me in SL! I go by....ummm Sandra Absent lol

Frédérique
05-11-2010, 03:02 AM
Why do people have such a issue with things? I'm sure its the "facts".You know,the society that knows it all..We live on a floating object in space,in a universe we hardly even know about and Im supposed to believe people know who and what we are,who we should be and what is "right"? ..Yeah,Im sure we have all the answers

Why, indeed? Since you know we are “floating” in space (actually we are slowly going somewhere), in a “Universe we hardly even know,” you already have a handle on just how meaningless human affairs are. Congratulations – you’re on the other side! You’ve emerged from the untamed jungle of runaway distinctions. Just keep moving, and don’t bother trying to "say" anything to the world -- it’s filled with people who cannot, or will not, listen…:doh:

"Transgendered people such as tv's,cd's and pre op ts who melt into society as a regular "normal" person,have you met one? You may have shook their hand and never even known.Maybe you even liked them.You would never know them out of their makeup and personal clothing choice.Were your doctors,teachers,police,mechanics,anybody.Even the people fighting for your freedom.Fighting for the right to express yourself while people treat them horrible for being who they are.Funny world it is.Funny how people care so much about what somebody does to be happy when they are hurting nobody.It does make me sad.The trans people who fight and die to protect you,helped you get well again when you needed to most,answered your call when your boyfriend beat you,helped you when you needed somebody..."

Have you met me? I had to read this "reaction" to your blog a few times before I understood it. Like I said before, it’s all about making distinctions between people for the sake of convenience. In our transgendered universe, most of us blend into society purely for survival. BTW, I can fight for my own freedom (definition?), thank you, since I’m responsible for my ultimate happiness. You can fight for your definition of anything and feel good about it, but it’s up to me to “fight” for what I feel is right (for me). I’ve been doing just that my entire life, although it feels less like a struggle and more like a welcoming…:hugs:

If its so bad to be who I am, make my own choices with the life my parents gave me, live my own life and be happy with the time I have here to do so…

You’re OK to me, in fact you sound quite well-grounded (by my definition). You need to make your own choices and not let others interfere – feel free to live your own life, Kayla, and don’t spend too much time in the shadows…:battingeyelashes:

Joanne f
05-11-2010, 03:02 AM
The problem is that it is not the vast majority of people that accept it , like it, do not mind it or just turn a blind eye to it that will effect your life , it is the small minority that want to cause trouble for you that affects you most .

stephanie100
05-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Totally off topic, but you should friend me in SL! I go by....ummm Sandra Absent lol

i agree boy would they be shocked:hugs:

eluuzion
05-11-2010, 01:01 PM
"It is better to offer a hand than to point a finger".

Everyone views life in a unique way, which is heavily influenced by the values and prejudice of those who surrounded us in childhood.

The more fragile the esteem, the greater the tendency to "defend" and "protect" it, in many cases...often evident in the attempts to belittle others.

The more insecure you feel inside, the greater some people feel the need to try and control their environment.

Complaint and insults are often a tool used to deflect the inner belief that the "world is out to get them". The best defense...is a good offense (or in this case, a good offensive approach to to everything, lol)

For some the world is one big competition, rather than a place to explore and enjoy. I think many begin to realize this as they become older. Things are not as threatening, and it just "doesn't matter anymore". Unless of course, you happen to sit in "their chair"...lol

celeste26
05-11-2010, 01:07 PM
Haven't you figured out yet that people dont like to have to think! They seem to like straightforward black and white issues and anytime they see or hear anything but those two choices it means they freak out and get bent out of shape.

Kate Simmons
05-11-2010, 01:40 PM
It's easy for people to forget Kayla. When I was in Nam my life literally depended on the diverse group of folks I was with there. THAT I can never forget.:)

Kayla Shadows
05-11-2010, 07:14 PM
Well first, when I called you a bitch, you know it was a joke. :hugs:

lol,I know :hugs: ,but,in that case,if you asked Kimora Lee Simmons I'd be nothing more than a woman who knows what she wants.People dont seem to like it when they dont have control over you.

For you and the others who mentioned SL I know what you mean :heehee:

BTW, I can fight for my own freedom (definition?), thank you, since I’m responsible for my ultimate happiness. You can fight for your definition of anything and feel good about it, but it’s up to me to “fight” for what I feel is right (for me). I’ve been doing just that my entire life, although it feels less like a struggle and more like a welcoming…:hugs:[/SIZE]

I understand.This was just a personal blog.Instead of just writing it down I posted my thoughts.People can read it or not.I wasnt trying to represent the trans community,fight,debate or start some sort of campaign.The only fighting I referred to was the people in the military,in making the point that,they fight for people to have the right to be free while others dont think they should be free to be themselves.That to me is what I thought was selfish.

The last two sentences (^) is just something that crossed my mind.America is supposed to = freedom while others think it should be "freedom for some".Some would rather us die then be who we are.Sad but true.I care about a lot of people and I just think sometimes.I wasnt trying to make some kind of "OMG" huge ordeal.Just thoughts.Its good to think once in a while.I cant just put everything aside every day of my life and pretend the world is perfect and happy.

Thank you though.I try to keep things on a down to earth level.A lot of times I really dont think about much.Im too busy to.The fun stuff is so much better anyway :D When I have something to say and nobody else is saying it,Im gonna say it though.Had thoughts and got them out.