PDA

View Full Version : I went out this weekend

rochy1
05-10-2010, 07:41 PM
I decided on Saturday to drive to a nearby city and go out while dressed to a LGBT bar. I've only been out dressed twice before and am not "out" as a crossdresser to friends or family, so I was still a bit nervous.

So I booked a room at a motel quite near the bar in question, so as not to have to drive 2+ hours home afterwards. After checking in I began my preparations by showering, shaving, applying makeup, etc. I then remembered I had left something in the car so I went out to get it - and forgot to take the "key card" with me!
For a minute I sat in my car in a mild panic - I was still in guy's clothes, but in full makeup: lipstick, eyeshadow, mascara, etc. I then just got up the courage to go to the manager's office and ask for a new keycard. He didn't seem put out of sorts :)
After that I finished dressing, had a bit of wine and strolled over to the bar in question. For some reason I feel very self-conscious when walking around outside in heels, a skirt and a wig. I guess it's something that takes practice.
At the bar I had a gin and tonic and people-watched for a bit before the drag show started. The girls were nicely dressed and did a good job with lip-synching, dancing and joke-telling.
People were pretty friendly and I started to chit-chat with some of the others there - it was a mixed crowd of gay males, lesbians and (I think two other) crossdressers, as well as some "straight" people. It seemed to me that the women were a bit friendlier or less bothered by the fact that I was in a dress. I was talking with one woman about food and she gave me her phone number and told me to call her if I want to come by for some good home cooking :thumbsup:
At one point a gay guy made some obnoxious "you're so beautiful! I can't believe you're not a woman!" comments, but I sent him on his way.
Another guy introduced my to the owner of the bar.
After a few more drinks another crossdresser started talking to me and we decided to dance. It was a lot of fun, and some attractive 20-year old women started dancing "freaky" with me, which of course was awesome :D
After that I decided to call it a night and walked/stumbled back to my motel room, to discover that the keycard didn't work! Oh well, the guy has already seen me once, I thought. I went to the manager and asked for a new card. He didn't freak out :)
So to sum up, it was a pretty fun evening. In the future I'd like to not have to book a motel room and get up the courage to do stuff closer to home. Unfortunately the GLBT scene is not so big in my town and I'm not sure if "normal" bars would be a good place to go out.

StaceyJane
05-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Sounds like you had a great time.

On bit of advice.. When you're dress up you don't have to go to GLBT friendly places or even a bar. Try going to regular places like a movie, shopping, out to eat or just about anything.

Doing regular things will help you feel more like a woman.

NancyTO
05-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Sound like a great night to me. You got hit on by a guy, got the phone number of a GG and danced dirty with other girls. Pretty close to a home run to me.

I've been there with forgetting the key card, but was fully dressed and had to give my male name that the room was under.

sherri52
05-10-2010, 07:52 PM
even after having to get a motel room you still had a good night out. That has to account for something.

Cassandra Lynn
05-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Way to go, after all that i would feel much more confident, and your evening out gives me hope. Especially the getting the GGs number and possible invite for dinner! mj (Cassie)

MissKara
05-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Wow, that would have shot your self confident through the roof! Good going girl :D

When I am ready to go all out, I have decided I am going to go to the movies first and get my confidence up that way :hugs:

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

Freddy12
05-11-2010, 05:39 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. If you don't live near a TG friendly bar, the motel room sounds like a very good idea. I think it is well worth the cost to assure that you don't drive after going to a bar.

Gerrijerry
05-11-2010, 05:55 AM
I am glad for you that you had a great time. I also agree that not driving after a bar is good thinking. I also believe that since I started to go to what I call everyday places I gained a much calmer attitude while out. However always know where you are and those that are around you. being a real woman or just looking and passing as one brings the risk that every woman has when traveling alone.