PDA

View Full Version : Hey Girls, Come See My Brand New Photo Album From MaddyFest 2004

Madilyn
08-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Hi Sweeties,

I'm dog tired and Marsha and I worked on my new Yahoo Photo Album. It's on my Profile Page and it's called "
Maddy's Hoo-Hoo Profile (http://profiles.yahoo.com/miss_madilyn), so I'm not going to be able to work on the chronology tonight. I hope you understand?

I'd like to invite you to go to my profile, click on the view photos link, and check out the album. The first couple of pics are from Friday night and the rest are Saturday. I'd love to know what you think of them...especially the last outside shots by the wall... ;)

I hope you think I'm sexy...I sure have seen an improvement over last years librarian look... :D

Enjoy,

Maddy :p

p.s. That's "Tony The Admirer" behind the camera lens...he's not too bad eh? ;) Kisses - Muah!!!

p.s.s. Thanks a billion Marsha...you're tops with me.

softandsmooth
08-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Wow Madilyn!

Must have been a great weekend!

I thought the outside wall shots were really good. Great legs. :D I know you might face the wrath of the wife when you get home but your shave makes your legs look pretty awesome.

The dress looks super as well. Nice choice.

Congratulations on getting "out and about". Hopefully you won't have to wait so long until the next time.

Charlotte

PaulaJeanette
08-11-2004, 05:43 AM
Wow Maddy, you sure looked great! It looks like you enjoyed yourself so much...when is MaddyFest 2004-Part II? Appears several other ladies from this forum were able to join you. Can't wait to read your chronology and description of the events.

Thank you for sharing your enjoyment with us.

Paula J.

Jennifer_Ph
08-11-2004, 07:34 AM
Great photo's Maddy! You look so happy in ALL of them. It looks like you had a lot of fun too! Congrats on your weekend! Thanks for sharing!

Madilyn
08-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Wow Madilyn!

Must have been a great weekend!

I thought the outside wall shots were really good. Great legs. :D I know you might face the wrath of the wife when you get home but your shave makes your legs look pretty awesome.

Congratulations on getting "out and about". Hopefully you won't have to wait so long until the next time.

Charlotte

...and I'd do it all over again this weekend if I could (but it probably wouldn't mean as much). Thanks Charlotte, PJ, & Jennifer for the extremely kind words. I just know that I felt sexy and pretty (and had several admirers approach me throughout the two nights), so why wouldn't a girl have a big smile on her face...

Yeah, shaving the legs was a HUGE step, and it does remain to be seen what impact my "hairlessness" has on the wife upon return from her trip. I'm hoping it doesn't turn ugly...but if it does, at least you can count on more piccys of Maddy since I'll be single and free to go out as often as I please (but I really hope it doesn't come to that). I'll know by Sunday...

Charlotte

Thanks for mentioning the dress Charlotte. That dress holds a special meaning to me since it's partially my design. I may have already shared this information, but I purchased that dress from "Suddenly Fem" (which sells dresses made to fit men...wider shoulders, lower waist, etc...). Every single dress, sweater, blouse, or top they sell on that site all have long sleeves. I wonder a little bit about their business philosophy that all CD's who buy from them have to cover their arms, but that's their logic I guess...I wasn't about to cover my arms if I could help it.

I knew I wanted the dress, but I had been thinking about altering it even before I purchased it. I wanted to see how I felt about the long sleeves once I received it. I tried it on upon receipt and it fit PERFECT. My shoulders were right in-sync with the shoulder seams, and the waist of the dress was right at my natural waist. I was thrilled! :D The only problem was that I still didn't like the long sleeves or the length of the dress. I wanted a mini-dress.

My wife and I both have taken many articles of clothing to a little oriental lady named Oaw who is a seamstress and professional tailor. I took the dress to her and showed her what I wanted to do with it and she was really excited.

If you'll notice, there is a three-tier ruffle on the sleeves. That ruffle was actually a cuff that was at the ends of the sleeves and basically covered the hands. I had Oaw remove the sleeve completely, remove the ruffled cuff, build a shoulder into the dress, and then add material under the ruffle to make it big enough to accomodate my arms. I also had her take-up the hem by a full 6". It originally fell right above the knees (I guess because I'm a short-shit...5'8").

Oaw did the job in 4 business days for me and when I saw it I practically cried it was so cute. She's such a great seamstress that there is no way to tell that it didn't ship to me in that configuration. I was totally amazed and thrilled. I have no doubt that I'll wear that dress many times in the future...I absolutely love it. The dress Friday night was just okay, but I felt like a million bucks on Saturday night. So that's my design story. Maybe I should attend Fashion Week in NYC next month. I'm sure there's a good designer out there in need of creative talent... ;)

Anyway, lunch is over so I must go back to the mundane task of earning a living. I'll catch-up with everyone later tonight hopefully...I'm looking forward to continuing my story...

Kisses,

Maddy :cool:

p.s. Here's a picture of the dress in its original condition. Quite a difference eh?

Jennifer_Ph
08-11-2004, 10:48 AM
Not only do I wish I had a really cool seamstress, I REALLY wish I had the imagination to come up with that design! I think NYC is ready for ya Maddy - the great part is you won't have to hire any models for your fashion show - I am sure you'll get plenty of volunteers. (See my hand sticking up in the air? (oooh oooh, mista kottah mista kottah))

I'll look forward to your next installment - and your next dress as well! :)

Tristen Cox
08-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Wonderful. Your profile says you're 85! Wow you look great for that age LoL!! Seriously though, the photos are lovely. A successful fest and a happy woman.

You go girl!!!

KewTnCurvy GG
08-11-2004, 01:50 PM
You go grrl! Hope things go well on the home front. You could always say you're exploring your aerodynamic capabilites in Olympic swimming. :)

Amelie
08-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Way to go Maddy!!! Keep on dancin' nutin' gonna stop ya now.
Who's the lifegaurd standing next to you, not a boyfriend----is he?

Love Amelie

Madilyn
08-11-2004, 03:24 PM
Way to go Maddy!!! Keep on dancin' nutin' gonna stop ya now.
Who's the lifegaurd standing next to you, not a boyfriend----is he?

Love Amelie

Thanks a million ladies, you don't know how happy it makes me feel that you like what you see and what I've done. I think when we work hard at something and it pays off, we appreciate the recognition. I worked very hard this year preparing for MaddyFest and I'm really pleased with the results...

LOL, no Amelie sweetie...that's not a lifeguard, that's a U.S.A.F. Lieutenant standing next to me and his name is Karen. The evening before Karen was at the same watering hole as a Britney Spears look-a-like dressed in her Catholic School Girl outfit... Let me tell ya, you wanna talk about somebody HOT!...I can tell you from being up close, but unfortunately not personal, that she looks incredible. I wish I had some piccys of her to share. Yeah, you never know who you're going to meet at Blakes. It's a great place to visit with the girlfriends...

The next time I see Karen I'll be sure to tell her she's got an admirer ;)

Kisses,

Maddy :p

clarissa3d
08-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Grrl you look great!!

Clarissa

Darby
08-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Maddy Honey,
I'm truely impressed! It makes me want to get out my sewing machine (long story but I do have one and I make photo backgrounds with it). You look great and it sounds like you had a GREAT time! How did your wife do with the shaving? Mine is back to making jokes (sort of)...
XOXOX Darby

Madilyn
08-11-2004, 09:31 PM
Hi ladies,

Just a quick note to let you all know that I just added a few self-portraits to my Yahoo folder (http://profiles.yahoo.com/miss_madilyn) and created another folder to house Angela & Bill's pics from Friday night at Southern Belle, The Fountain, & Blake's. Check 'em out when you have a chance.

Nite-nite,

Maddy :cool: