PDA

View Full Version : Second night out in public

Emily Ann Brown
08-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Letme say up front that I am not posting for pats on the back. I got up the courage to try this because of other girls posted experiences. Maybe it's my turn to encourage someone a bit...

It was raining off and on all day, so I decided it was perfect for my attempt to go really out in public. I wore ladies slacks, loose top, flat sandals, and a sweater since it was cooler and wet. Wore my corset under to make sure a had a feminine shape (hahaha) which didn't work well with my breastforms (first time). I ended up with a bra over it which got rid of the funny wrikles showing thru the top. Off we go!

It's still light outside and the pesky neighbors across the street( the ones with binoculars) were out in the yard. I waited and waited...the went in and I lit out fast......half way to the mall (26 miles) it quit raining....drats !!! I kept going. Drive helped calm me until I got in the parking lot. I thought of every reason not to do it. But then I thought of all the encouragement Karren had given just before I went home to dress so...

Got out and headed across the lot. I immediately had a family around me from another car that pulled in. I didn't know what to do so I openned my pocketbook and pulled out my compact ant started checking my makeup.
I don't know if it fooled them but I liked what I saw in the mirror so I kept walking.

Game plan was in the entrance at one end, up the escalator 2 floors, walk the length of the mall, come down the escalator at the other end and come back to the entrance I came in. Easier said than done....At the escalator stood a security guard. I got on and smiled, he got on behind me...I'm busted! He gets off on floor 2...breathe Emily...up to level 3.

I suddenly realize I have to do this slow and ladylike...oh wow...so I'm breathing slowly and trying to look in "woman" stores and not BassPro and the like. What do I do with my hands. I watched the lady in front of me and locked one on the strap of the shoulder bag. It's working. I'm here and nobody has yelled "Guy in a dress"...maybe it's because I don't have a dress on??? giggle giggle

Length of the mall done...breath again Emily. Down the escalator...cool...no body seems to be paying me no mind. Security guard at bottom of escalator. I'm doomed, panic sets in.I get off the escalator and he moves up going after someone above me......breathe Emily breathe....I have to concentrate to remember what I'm supposed to be doing. Some lady is demonstrating something up ahead. I try not to notice..."Mam, would you like to see...." I instinctively smiled and gave a "no" wave with my other hand (the one not clutching the bag strap in fear.) I'm 100 feet from the door out. I made it!!!! Police car with sirens blarring pulls up in front of me...this is it ...BUSTED!!! Policeman gets out and rushes in the mall. Gosh I need the EMT crew about now. To the car...a big tough looking guy is coming diagonal to my path. He's gonna be surprised when I hit him with a solid right hook...no, he's parked a few cars before mine. I get in....I DID IT !!!! If I got made nobody said or showed anything.

Now I realize that I have a potential gas need. Well, I've done this once before so it's not the end of the world. Drive to the gas station. Only one open spot...okay, stay cool. I'm driving an SUV with tinted windows, so as I pump I turn my back to the guy on the other side. I notice I can see everything he is doing. I'm gonna be here a while (23 gallons) so it becomes a game. I see him looking at me (my butt?) I turn a bit and I can see him turn away so I don't notice he is looking......back forth back forth....I have him going like a yoyo. THIS IS FUN !!! He finishes and leaves before I do. I now am totally comfortable so I take my time getting back in.

You know...I could use a drink, and a have straws in my pocketbook tonight soooooooo. I drive until I get to the grocery store. I know where the drink machine from last night. Lot is sorta busy and it is getting hot now (or is it me??) I take the time to remove my sweater before I walk the 100 feet to get my reward . I am totally comfortable now. Lady parked in front gets in her car and leaves. I'm just enjoying being out now. Family comes up. They are parked beside me. The father says "Son, wait and let the lady get in her car first"....did he call me a lady?" Is it tasteless for me to stop and give him a big ol' kiss on the lips???? I hurry up now, smiling ear to ear. Is it the diet Pepsi or is it the experience?

If I can figure out how to post them, I took a before and after pic,and a couple in the car.

My life will never be the same.
Emily Ann

Karren H
08-19-2005, 09:31 AM
WOW, girl!! Little Emily's all grown up and leaving the nest!! Told you it would be a blast!!! Super happy for you! Hehehe. Want to meet me in Indiana for a girls day out!! Next it shopping enfem!!! So cool and everything fits so much better! Love you girl!!

Karren

Wendy me
08-19-2005, 09:47 AM
cool your getting out more and more way to go girl.. it's huge steps for anyone getting out ..i get out every now and then we all get a few rushes last time i went out i got stopped and even though i have been out it still shook me up a lot so comfet and safty still play a huge part in outtings ...have fun and be safe....

Lauren_Phillips
08-19-2005, 09:47 AM
Woooo I love in Emily.....here's a big ATTA GIRL for you.

Huggs

Lauren

Emily Ann Brown
08-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Karren,

Who's paying for the plane flight to Indiana??? Remind me next time to pick evil twin sisters who live in the same state as me.

The photos are too large, so they are coming...I just need to resize them. Hmmmmmm

I have one more night alone. Karren thinks I should go shopping for clothes fully dressed. Should I or shouldn't I ????

Emily Ann

Emily Ann Brown
08-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Karren also thinks I should try being a hockey goalie wearing a dress.
No way Hosea!!!!

Emily Ann

Phoebe Reece
08-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Emily,

Karren is right, you should go shopping for clothes while dressed. You seem more than ready for that next step. I can tell you from experience that once you get over being scared it's a load of fun to do. And, by getting out and about in normal day to day places like malls and grocery stores you are doing your bit to make crossdressing more acceptable to the general public.

Mx Justina
08-19-2005, 11:44 AM
It was good of you to post so descriptively, your outing effort...many pointers for others to emulate. If the binocular users are just focussed on you...don't worry about it unless they appear to be actively intrusive (BTW, I myself use binoculars for various reasons--including home security). Using a time period when the weather is unsettled is ideal for anyone who detests local nosiness.

J.

racquel
08-19-2005, 12:09 PM
Great story am very happy all went well,soon you will be breathing with out verbal prompts. :p

Karren H
08-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Karren thinks that you should play goalie for the other team, too!!! hehehe We do have a number of GG goalies in the league and you are much prettier and dress better that they do!! Also, most have the unique habit of yelling F#@$# when they let a goal in!! Very unladylike!!! hehehe Tryouts for the next season begin next week! See you at the rink!

Tweet!!!! 2 minute penalty on No 1, Emily Ann for impersonating a Goalie (as well as other things). Time of the penalty 10:00pm, after the stores are closed.. LOL Penelty will be served by Lauren Phillips until Emily gets back from the mall!!

Luv Karren

heathr1
08-19-2005, 01:42 PM
All I've worn in public are things people woudn't see such as panties, bra, toe nail polish.

Emily Ann Brown
08-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Justina,

I intentionally tried to describe everything I was feeling and things I was learning (like what windows I should or should not show interest in) because I think a lot of our sisters may want to try going out but think they have to be totally brave and have no doubts or know it all. I had plenty of fears, but everything I feared didn't come true. It was awesome to realize how little attention I seemed to generate (excepting the horndog at the gas pump). It's not something I will want to do everyday or be able to do everyday since I am in the closet at home. It was the rush of a lifetime however, and I am very,very glad I went for it. I will in all likelihood go shopping tonight just for the thrill again.

Just in case anyone reading this thread missed Karren's new member introduction, she is my dearest friend and my biggest supporter....too bad we weren't born Gsisters !!!

Lauren is gonna get so lonely in that big ol' penality box Karren.......can we call a penality on Tristen so Lauren will have some company in there???

Emily Ann

JoAnnDallas
08-19-2005, 04:41 PM
Emily..... I'm hurt, you didn't tell me via PM that you were going out.

BTW........ A BIG HUG for taking the your first big step out. I know all the
feeling you experienced. Next time it will be a lot easier, but remember that
even the most experience ones still keep their guard up.

Mx Justina
08-19-2005, 05:06 PM
It was the rush of a lifetime however, and I am very,very glad I went for it. I will in all likelihood go shopping tonight just for the thrill again.

The "rush of a lifetime"...or maybe the emotional release of a lifetime??... imagine what it is to keep imprisoned an essential part of your being... furthermore, to self-grind down your spirit, by doing the self-imprisonment for most of your alloted lifetime!!???

Won't always be without negative surprises...but you will cope, and be more alive, for the effort.

J.

Holly
08-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Emily, a great description of your time out. From the sound of it, you had a great experience... and I bet you DO go out again tonight. DO let us know how your shopping goes!

cosmolovesph
08-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Way to go Emily!!

Everyone is inspiring me to take another outing, last one was to Wal*Mart at 630am on a Saturday morning. The walk from the car to the door, sure can seem like a marathon!!

paulaN
08-19-2005, 08:35 PM
A pat on the back and a HUG from me. way to go I loved the story. maybe you should go clothes shopping.

Ava Mouse
08-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Wow Emily, GREAT account of both your outings! I'm glad you shared your thoughts/reactions along the way, as I often feel exactly the same! We become hyper aware of our surroundings...

Anyway glad you had safe and successful outings w/o any degrading comments or situations!

Thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to seeing your pics and hearing more outing stories.... :)

Marla GG
08-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Emily Ann,

Thank you so much for telling us all about it. You did great. I hope you're proud of yourself, girl! And I have a feeling you're right......life will never be the same! :D

Looking forward to hearing of your next adventure.

Olivia
08-20-2005, 12:06 PM
Way to go Emily!! I'm reading about your adventures with great interest because I'm slowly building up the nerve to try it myself. So far, only tiny steps in that direction; like wearing "girl's shoes" (tiny steps-girl's shoes...sorry 'bout that, lol). Please keep us informed, sounds like you're having a great time! Later girlfriend. Olivia

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-20-2005, 01:31 PM
You go girl! Especially since you went out in one of the more challenging environments. Most department stores are overlit, which can be a challenge for us. Not to mention the most dangerous of species -- the mall rat.

(OTOH, malls are definitely safer environments from a personal security perspective, which is good to keep in mind. Plus, my experience is that while it seems scarier to be in a crowd, you're actually less likely to get read.)

As you're discovering, people can be surprisingly oblivious. And even if they do notice, if you act like you deserve respect you'll usually get it.

It a big world outside, enjoy!

Rachel Morley
08-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Excellent post Emily. I enjoyed it because you told us how you were feeling inside not just what you did. I totally relate to the "neighbors thing". I'd love to see any pictures you might of taken.