PDA

View Full Version : G.o.w.

Mirani
05-12-2010, 03:58 PM
My SO kindly says I have become a G.O.W. (Grumpy Old Woman) with a sense of humour bypass. Moaning about lost values and changes for the worse.

But is it just me?

I get irritated by people on here who almost take pleasure in flaunting their dishonesty, lies and deceit.

I am not without sympathy for those in the closet and finding it hard or near impossible to experience their female expression and satisfy the drive for some femme time. I was in that place some years ago.

BUT - many flaunt how they are cheating, stealing, deceiving almost as if being a suffocated trans person excuses it. AND THEN there are posts supporting the behaviour!!!! :eek:
It is one thing being a child / teenager without resources. Its another being an adult making choices.

So, is it just me that feels ashamed by some of the values expressed? I am not talking about sexual preferences, I am talking about dishonest or disrespectful (especially to a spouse or SO) behaviours.

Let me know .... (Yes I have asked for it !)

Sheila
05-12-2010, 04:10 PM
Your SO is right , you have become a GOW, welocme to the club, age, gives us certain privelages as we go through life, and becominga GOW is one of them, do try to keep the sense of humour thought it does help :heehee::heehee:

Hey I get ticked off with those posts that "boast" about decieving their SO, but why should we let them piss us off ....... really ........ at the end of the day if thewy wanna blow their relationships apart, what the hack does it matter to us, we don't really know thme, they don't affect our daily life (other than to turn us into GOW & then only if we let them), as for the supporters of them, wellllllll if they are indulging in said behavior at least they will have a club to turn to when their relationship goes pointy bits over rear end :sad:

No it's not just you who feels ashamed, many of us get irritated with those post where the OP appears to be cheating/deceiving/lying to their SO .......... unfortunately many of those posts turn into a fight between the supporters of said behavior and us in the other camp & end up getting closed down by the mods for one reason or another ................ usually because the thread has gone off topic or because the OP has come back and said they did not mean what was said in the way it appears to have been taken and what they meant was/or they have since modified what appeared to be the wrong way of thinking/doing.

If a thread produces an interesting point it is perhaps better to open up a discussion in a seperate thread (just like you have done now), rather than it being lost in a closed thread :)

Mirani
05-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Your SO is right , you have become a GOW, welcome to the club, age, gives us certain privileges as we go through life, and becoming a GOW is one of them, do try to keep the sense of humour thought it does help :heehee::heehee:

Thanks for the welcome :) ... :hugs:

Deborah Jane
05-12-2010, 04:23 PM
If you're a G.O.W. Mirani, I think you'll be in the majority here as far as the threads you describe are concerned!!
Those type of bragging that they stole from their SO/wore her clothes without her consent/etc [delete as appropriate] threads really [-]p*ss me off[/-] annoy me :Angry3:

Then, the same people come back here in a few months with threads such as My SO caught me and wants a divorce, etc and wonders why? :brolleyes:
They'll have their supporters obviously, after all, they've probably posted similar threads, or know they will in time!

So, it isn't just you, there are a few of us G.O.W.s here :hugs:

Mirani
05-12-2010, 04:29 PM
So, it isn't just you, there are a few of us G.O.W.s here :hugs:

I like this club! :)

Rianna Humble
05-12-2010, 04:35 PM
I might be tempted to join your club, but I'm only 54 :heehee:

Mirani
05-12-2010, 04:38 PM
I might be tempted to join your club, but I'm only 54 :heehee:

You'll do! .. you can join at 40! G.O.W. is an honorary title!

az_azeel
05-12-2010, 04:47 PM
im in the closet and happy about it... oops is that a brag... :heehee:

Mirani
05-12-2010, 05:03 PM

Cheeky!
Brag away my dear .. That's fine :) nowt wrong wit bein in t'closet

Sheila
05-12-2010, 05:25 PM

Az I think you missed the point Miriani was trying to make ............. she was not complaining about people bragging about being in the closet ..........(she is sympathetic to the plight of those who are there through circumstances or choice)
I am not without sympathy for those in the closet and finding it hard or near impossible to experience their female expression and satisfy the drive for some femme time.

She instead is stating she is irritated by those who

almost take pleasure in flaunting their dishonesty, lies and deceit. BUT - many flaunt how they are cheating, stealing, deceiving almost as if being a suffocated trans person excuses it. AND THEN there are posts supporting the behavior!!!! :eek:
It is one thing being a child / teenager without resources. Its another being an adult making choices.

and I am sure you will agree "being in the closet" does not mean you have to indulge in all of those said behaviors nor does bragging about them do much to show our lifestyle in a particularly good light to the general public ......... who you know are perfectly able to view the M2F as guests.

As you are "OUT" to Alexis and she supports your chosen life style you have at least got the closet door open.

I am sure that you do not support the deliberate lying to partners especially those who are supportive of this lifestyle .......... at least that is not he impression I get from having met you :D

t-girlxsophie
05-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Was gonna say I could never be a G.O.W. Am far too young (inside anyway) but then you go and drop the bombshell that anyone over 40 qualifies,oh! well sign me up then,BUT does that mean i'm Mature now (please noooo)

Deborah Jane
05-12-2010, 05:28 PM
BUT does that mean i'm Mature now (please noooo)

You're as mature as the woman you feel [you are] Sophie :heehee:

MAJESTYK
05-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Woooooo! Glad you can join at 40 because I just turned 40.....8 years ago..I agree with the Gow and I will fly the flag high.

Mirani
05-12-2010, 05:32 PM
We will need to move the clubhouse out if the phone box an into the garden shed at this rate!

Deborah Jane
05-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Forget the shed, Sheila isn't good with sheds Mirani :eek:

Mirani
05-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Forget the shed, Sheila isn't good with sheds Mirani :eek:

The Garage then ??

Deborah Jane
05-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Sounds good to me, though we'd better use your garage Mirani, mines a bit filled with cars :)

maryannnite
05-12-2010, 05:45 PM
i think your right , and sound like ill be joining the gow club soon as i am 39 ,i also think it goes far beyond just some people in the group but i run into it almost evey day at work. dose any one have any morales any more ?

t-girlxsophie
05-12-2010, 05:47 PM
You're as mature as the woman you feel [you are] Sophie :heehee:

Thank god for that I aint ready for the M word just yet,she says sitting in her fluffy slippers and flannelette nightie (am not honest lol):heehee:

Mirani
05-12-2010, 05:55 PM
sound like ill be joining the gow club soon as i am 39

Come on in youngster ;)
Plenty of room in the garage - and then we can have a good moan together and shake our heads is sad acknowledgement of lowering standards !!!:drink::facepalm:

Mirani
05-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Sounds good to me, though we'd better use your garage Mirani, mines a bit filled with cars :)

Mine is stacked with home made wine gurgling away, ... fancy one? (Parsnip wine - has a very delicate bucket)

Deborah Jane
05-12-2010, 06:01 PM
Ooh, yes please Mirani, those youngsters don't know what they're missing :heehee:

Jannette H
05-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Ladies,
I guess I should be a member also I've been called a grandma in a club because my skirt was just above my knees. Some of the younger CDs there were kind of snooty and bragged about hiding this from their GF. There was little respect for their SOs hoping that one would walk in and I really hated to say that.:eek: I thought at that moment I/we must be getting old. NO we're not, we are just respectful of others and our Wives and SOs which so much to us.:2c:

TxKimberly
05-12-2010, 07:27 PM
I agree with your reasons for posting this but feel like I have to point something out. The vast majority of the time when someone makes a post like that, they are swamped by others telling them how wrong it is. So yes, I am irritated when I see posts about stealing this or that from your wife or girl friend, but I am also relieved by the overwhelmingly negative responses that usually flood in after it.

sherri52
05-12-2010, 07:39 PM
If you are hiding from your SO then your are being dishonest. When the time comes I hope you will automatically give it your best shot to tell her of your dressing.

Sheila
05-12-2010, 07:40 PM
I agree with your reasons for posting this but feel like I have to point something out. The vast majority of the time when someone makes a post like that, they are swamped by others telling them how wrong it is. So yes, I am irritated when I see posts about stealing this or that from your wife or girl friend, but I am also relieved by the overwhelmingly negative responses that usually flood in after it.

Like I said in my post Kim many of us do and it ends in a fight resulting in a thread being closed for being off topic

No it's not just you who feels ashamed, many of us get irritated with those post where the OP appears to be cheating/deceiving/lying to their SO .......... unfortunately many of those posts turn into a fight between the supporters of said behavior and us in the other camp & end up getting closed down by the mods for one reason or another

Thank god for that I ain't ready for the M word just yet,she says sitting in her fluffy slippers and flannelette nightie (am not honest lol):heehee:

Well Debs ain't got her flannelette nightie on but she does have her slippers on :heehee: 113062 she can maybe enter one of those Glamorous Old Grumpy Women competitions commonly know as a glamorous granny :eek::heehee::heehee::devil::devil:

TSchapes
05-12-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm out so I don't have to lie. If more of them would come out, this would not be an issue. :2c:

I also believe that part of the "fun" is having a secret that no one knows about. They won't admit it, but it's true.

But the stealing, and lying to your SO is just wrong. Children, different issue, but even on this topic, if they are mature, they can handle it.

G.o.w I don't think so, someone's got to get these whippersnappers into shape!

Granny Tracy! :eek:

Marcia Blue
05-12-2010, 08:37 PM
I also wish to join the club. I am past 40 by a little more than a decade. GOW sounds like a very good title to have earned.

anna kate
05-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Just had the 30th anniversary of my 40th, am I still eligable? I lied to my wife a lot of years (25) before I came clean. Life is so good now that everything is out in the open. No more lies or deception. Will be married 44 years this month and yes, I can get dressed in front of her, she actually straightened out a wrinkle in the band of my bra this morning, saying " That will be uncomfortable as the day wears on." What a gal !!!

suchacutie
05-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Picking up on the comment by Kimberly, my wife and I were just having a similar discussion over dinner about this forum. My observation over the last 5 years is that the trend seems to be toward an openness and a morality of behavior that would foster a normality of the transgendered existence. Obviously, the more we act with integrity and honesty, the more acceptance we will receive. I say this with the understanding that the first step in all of this is self-recognition and self-acceptance. Without those two items it's not possible to interact with the rest of humanity. It is clearly very difficult for someone who has been unsure of themselves for 40 years to initiate a conversation with a spouse. However, trust and ethics must be the centerpiece of our existence if we ever have a hope of becoming part of mainstream society.

just my :2c:

tina

pamela_a
05-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Add me to the club Mirani. No doubt about me being a grumpy old woman. I'll bring some cheese to go with the wine if you'd like.

Vicki-Z
05-12-2010, 11:01 PM
40 eh! I've been 39 for the past 14 years so I guess I'm just a wannabe. :lol2:

I agree there is no easier way to end a relationship than to deceive your spouse. Morals and values seem to be a thing of the past. I guess I'm just an old fashion girl. :heehee:

Vicki :hugs:

Tranny Tee
05-12-2010, 11:40 PM
While I am certainly qualified to be a Grumpy Old Woman I do not really care for the term. What does oe call a female curmudgeon?

AKAMichelle
05-13-2010, 10:26 AM
then count me in as a member to be of GOW. I guess it's ok since AARP already sends me info to become a member once I turned 50.

NatashaCD
05-13-2010, 11:57 AM
ill see you in 11 years

btw i love myvery supportive so

Nigella
05-13-2010, 12:05 PM
This thread is closed for two reasons

1. It has gone too far off topic.

2. The members have the right to their own views and how they manage their affairs without being told its right or wrong.