PDA

View Full Version : So tell me how you take it all off....

JulieFL
08-19-2005, 10:07 AM
...Your eye make-up that is. Get your minds out of the gutter :D

I wish I could do my face more, but not being able to completly remove the eyeliner & mascara makes it hard.

Are there any products out there that any of you girrls have tried that get it ALL off?

JulieFL

kathy gg
08-19-2005, 10:44 AM
Julie there are lots and lots of products that you can find at any drug store (Walgreens/Wal Mart, ect) that will be in the beauty/skin care isle. usually they are in the form of a liquid or a towlette. With a liquid you will need cotton balls or some sort of disposable cotton cloth to use. If you buy something that is a make up remover built in a towelette that will work too. I know Oil of Olay makes some as does Almay, Netrogena, and the list goes on. If you are looking for a more high end product department store make up counters can suggest something, I prefer MAC make up removers becuase they really break down the heavey make up used by cd's. usually it takes a few minutes of scrubbing and cleansing but you shoudl be able to remove all product without a trace. Highly pigmented things like red lipstick require more elbow grease but shoudl still be without a trace once scrubbed off well.

Some people even use Ponds Cold Cream for make up removal, but I find it not great for mascara and heavy foundations.

Good luck
kathy in canada

JulieFL
08-19-2005, 10:52 AM
Kathy thanks for the reply.

I've tried several of the drug store makeup removers. All of them left traces of eyeliner.

I guess I need to pony up the courage to hit a Macy's make-up counter and speak to one of the GGs working there.:nerves:

Julie FL

Julie
08-19-2005, 10:54 AM
Juli you might also want to join Dana J's Beauty Forum, there are many tips there to look through. The link to join is at the top of the M/F forum page.

Julie

JulieFL
08-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Juli you might also want to join Dana J's Beauty Forum, there are many tips there to look through. The link to join is at the top of the M/F forum page.

Julie

Submitted my request to join about 10 min ago :)

Julie FL

Phoebe Reece
08-19-2005, 11:27 AM
I learned many years ago from my wife that baby oil on cotton balls is one of the most effective ways to remove makeup, particularly eyeliner and mascara.

Pip
08-19-2005, 03:04 PM
I've been using Nivea Visage Eye Make-Up Remover. It say's to rub it on with your fingers and then wipe off with a tissue. It usually takes me two times to get it off enough for my comfort level. I also wear glasses though, so if there is still a small hint of a shadow there it's not noticable.

But all in all it seems to do the trick for me, and I bought it at Wal-Mart, not some overpriced Macy's cosmetic counter.

Pip

Laurie Ann
08-19-2005, 03:28 PM
I use MaryKay makeup and their eyemakeup remover works very well. It also will remove lipstick quite nicely.

Marianne
08-19-2005, 03:43 PM
I learned many years ago from my wife that baby oil on cotton balls is one of the most effective ways to remove makeup, particularly eyeliner and mascara.

I'll second that, it works fine for me.

ebony
08-19-2005, 04:32 PM
I learned that any vaseline, I think its spelled patroleum
jelly or A&D cream put a fingers worth on a face towel or simply
a light coat on your face the vaseline will just pick the makeup
right up and after words do your normal face wash.

Julie York
08-19-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm still at the make-up paranoia stage too. I spent half an hour trying to remove a natural brown line in the corner of the eyes.

After various experiments I found some facial wipes that work great and they aren't just a female thingy so anyone can buy them without feeling embarrassed. They really do work if it is not waterproof stuff you are trying to remove.

Olay Facial wipes.

And thanks to whoever told me that.

Good luck.

Wendy me
08-19-2005, 05:05 PM
cvs make up remover pads works well ....

cosmolovesph
08-19-2005, 06:55 PM
My wife has liquid eye make up remover from Clinique and with a cotton ball it works well when i use it to remove my make up.

NatalieBliss
08-19-2005, 07:02 PM
I have found Noxzema works great on regular girly make-up and also is the best I have found for the stage. It also has little problems with military cammo face paint which at times can seem like you need a paint thinner for!
Also it's freakin noxzema which works best on my... imperfections blemish wise and nobody looks twice if a "dude" buys it! The one problem, and it is major, is the eye area is kinda dangerous and I wouldn't use it for for that.

MarinaTwelve200
08-20-2005, 08:14 PM
I put a few drollops of good'ol Vaseline on my face--a bit extra on my lips and one each over each closed eye and wipe it ALL off---So far, Vaseline seems to cut everything.

I wipe my greasy face off with paper towels, then soap and water it up real good, to emulsify the oily coating---rinse, and my face is Clean--even for my OWN paranoia.

Debbie Kong
08-20-2005, 10:47 PM
A good question and I've already learned a few tips.

My kit includes:

Andrea Eye Qs...These handy pads quickly dissolve the waterproof mascara I use.

Maybelline Expert Eyes...I like it for fine tuning the eye make up removal.

I use some of the long lasting lipsticks and for them I use Baby Oil. I will try Vaseline in the future though.

Every thing else comes off with soap and water.

Nail polish remover is something else to consider.

Debbie

~Kelly~
08-20-2005, 11:01 PM
I will second that Natalie. Noxzema seems to work pretty good but for eyes......all I have to say is OUCH. I have made that mistake a time or two.