PDA

View Full Version : Slowly Does It

tricia_uktv
05-13-2010, 04:55 PM
There seems to be so many girls who just wan't to come out immediately and be what they want to be. Although there is nothing wrong with that, I have learnt that you have to do things slowly and gradually build on the foundations you have developed, It takes time, effort, training, training, training and is frustrating - but its the only way.

If you have read my blog you will know that its all song based but right at the start I should have put this song on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTecfVEzPNw

But I didn't know and its hugely important for girls coming behind us. Learn, learn, learn and take it all slowly. Then you can get somewhere.

Has anybody else got a song they would recommend for girls just starting over?

Michaela42
05-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Take it slowly, not just on going out but buying your wardrobe as well. As you can tell I am pretty new here and I have not been able to dress for a long time (3+ years). Well I have had the opportunity lately but due to my last purge I needed to buy some things. Armed with a credit card and an internet connection away I went. I checked my balance online today and low and behold I think I am solely responsible for a full percentage of the increase in consumer spending. Damn the Pink Fog :D

Ladies, take it slow. You have time and you have to remind yourself of that. No one on this site (that I am aware of) gained a full collection of clothes and shoes overnight. Also remember that woman's clothing is generally more expensive and more of it is required.

Stephanie Anne
05-13-2010, 05:21 PM
I prefer Morrissey's "The more you ignore me, the closer I get (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNDk1QffeDM)"

but you are so right. No reason to rush into things and have a nervous break down because you are not instantly perfect

Teddie
05-14-2010, 03:56 AM
Back in the 60's when I told my wife, it was during a long talk about us. And, I just basically came out and said, "I like to dress in girl's clothes."

She didn't freak or run away, just just accepted it as part of me and loves it when I dress. In fact, she loves helping me and has helped bring out my feminine side.

Deborah Jane
05-14-2010, 04:23 AM
I think it takes a lot of time to become really comfortable becoming who you are. Like you say Tricia "It takes time, effort, training, training, training and is frustrating - but its the only way"
But doing it that way gives you the confidence you need to be able to really be yourself :)

And just think, if it's taking us this long to become comfortable with who we are, should we really be surprised when our SO doesn't accept our "femme side" immediately? They need time too, to adjust to the fact of who we really are.

Has anybody else got a song they would recommend for girls just starting over?

If you really want to know how it feels to be a girl, ask Madonna, this video always inspires me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYwgG2oyUbA&feature=fvw

t-girlxsophie
05-14-2010, 06:13 AM
Sometimes slow and easy is best.If its the right path for you it will happen in good time

My dressing song for those starting out would have to be Ce Ce Penniston's Finally from Priscilla

AKAMichelle
05-14-2010, 09:10 AM
that's true that we have to take it slow and not expect instant results. But sometimes the throwing yourself out there is the only way out of the closet. It is so scary that I would dare say most people never make it out of the closet and live with regret and excuses all their lives. I'm not saying that getting out will be everything they ever dreamed of, but you do have to start somewhere. Most importantly you have to have patience to work on your presentation. If you do that then you will find what you are looking for at the end of the journey.