PDA

View Full Version : So I love dress but I hate the loneliness

frederica13
05-14-2010, 09:43 PM
To preface: accepting wife, not an accepting community plus very scared for my life when I crossdress in public

so like when I dress (when the little ones and typically wife are asleep) I usually get on here, talk to people on facebook etc... but like is there anywhere people go online to chat with other CD's that has been a good experience... I'm thinking about resorting to chat roullette lol

olga
05-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Hi Frederica,

I’m sure there are plenty of possibilities out there… I haven’t tried CD chat yet either, so I’m curious what others have to say.

For starters, has anyone tried the link in the upper right corner?

It would be nice if there was a chat app here on the forum! Feature request!!!

hugs,
olga

Starfire Jade
05-14-2010, 10:01 PM
To preface: accepting wife, not an accepting community plus very scared for my life when I crossdress in public

so like when I dress (when the little ones and typically wife are asleep) I usually get on here, talk to people on facebook etc... but like is there anywhere people go online to chat with other CD's that has been a good experience... I'm thinking about resorting to chat roullette lol

Come out of the closet and join the club, stop giving an eff what people think.

frederica13
05-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Come out of the closet and join the club, stop giving an eff what people think.

I may... it's complicated... but I do have the advantage of telling my wife before we married without putting limits on it...

Stephenie S
05-14-2010, 10:27 PM
How about right here? Why can't you chat with us?

anna kate
05-14-2010, 10:37 PM
I'd go "easy by easy" with things. Fast works for some, but is disaster for many. Find your road and take it, making sure it's the right road. Also keep in mind, how your moves will affect loved ones. Been CD 60+ years, still going slow, still married. still have friends on both sides of the fence.

Find a CD support group in your area. I have a blast at the local meetings and lots of fun also, when we go out to do things together.

:2c:

Lexine
05-14-2010, 10:37 PM
What's stopping you from stepping outside, if you don't mind me asking? And I have Facebook (see my sig) if you want to use Facebook chat and communicate. I think several other members are on it too iirc. And for crying out loud, don't go use Chat Roulette! Haven't you seen that South Park episode about Facebook? ;)

frederica13
05-14-2010, 10:43 PM
I do enjoy the forum... it's just not the same as like chatting... and mainly my kids give me pause from outing myself, plus I'm military whoops... haha

Also I enjoyed that southpark episode immensely thus the joke... haha

SamanthaStMichaels
05-14-2010, 10:52 PM
I have hung out in the urnotalone chat, Yahoo chat rooms, and AOL a long time ago. But I usually just got hit on by straight guys. Hmm yeah straight. I don't believe it. :D

For the most part people are quiet. Either they are lurking or doing something else.

EnglishRose
05-14-2010, 10:53 PM
Ugh. That chat link on these pages... I hate it! Looks tawdry right in the middle of the page, but if it makes the site owners here any recoupment of running costs, then so be it.

I've never tried any chat system since IRC many years ago.

Blaire
05-14-2010, 11:15 PM
The chat link on here isn't too bad. They have sex and non-sex rooms, and the mods keep it separate. You'll never get away from the so-called straight guys anywhere you go, so just tune 'em out.

AKAMichelle
05-15-2010, 12:25 AM
I don't what part of the south that you live in, but having lived there for most of my life I do understand your fear. Lots and lots of rednecks who are not very tolerant.

What you need to do is find another cd'er in your area and get them to help you not be so lonely. Even meeting them in male mode is better than spending your entire life afraid to go out the door and talk with anyone.

Lover girl
05-15-2010, 01:50 AM
Hello ladys I don't care for chat rooms because you never know what you are dealing with in them. Some chat rooms have people luking around in them tring to get enough info on you to steel your idenity also other creapy things. I love this site because I can open up with you girls about things I could never say anywhere else. I like Instant Messenger. I have yahoo I.M. and my user screan name is: "lovergirlcd" . As mentioned earlier use this site to find other CD's in your area. I have found several of some very nice girls in my area that I chat with from time to time. One of these girls has helped me get out of the house and meet in public in femme mode. This would have never happened without her support. This site in general has helped me just by knowing that there are so many of us out there. I learned so much from the members on this site that I can't set a value on because it's priceless!!!! I have friends in my friends list but I concider all of the girls on this site as my girlfriends and have respect for them no matter what they want to be or who they are. Love you all!!!!!!!!

t-girlxsophie
05-15-2010, 02:26 AM
As i've stated before (soz 4 boring ya's) met my wife on Chat site,though wasn't a TG site,can be a good way to meet like-minded ppl.but you may have to sift through a few dodgy characters to find someone who you can have a good natter and share experiences with.

Sophie xx

Michaela42
05-15-2010, 04:39 AM
Well you list your location as The South, so my advice would be to go very slowly about going out in public. I know that sounds very stereotypical but, well, not everyone from the south is ignorant and phobic of other beliefs, cultures, etc . . . But you are down there and you overhear things so you would be a better judge than I would be about the safety. Would I feel safe going out in my home area? Oh hells no! So like another poster mentioned, think very carefully and consider not only your family's safety but your own as well. As for using Chatroullet, surely you cannot be serious? There are plenty of CD chats out there, just Google it. Take care and be safe and I wish you the best.

frederica13
05-15-2010, 09:11 PM
I appreciate all the replies! Thank you for you help and advice

noeleena
05-16-2010, 04:43 AM
Hi, Friederica.

Im on many forums & so i have a long standing with many of my trans friends .
All around the world ,
we have . in oz e tranny radio just for kiwi s & our oz e mates . in the u k, The angels , & with a chat room .
www. transliving .co.uk with a chat room . now i have talked with them over 3 years & iv never had any thing else other than friendship.

The chat room here is not a part of our c d .com forum so you just take it at face value & most iv talked to are okay , T V chix has a good forum just is not for every one i dont talk there much now,
The best idear is be carefull . & there are many others i would not go on as they are in the main pick up forums .
I like you dont meet up with many who are trans because of the long haul, that i have to do to go see them hence the forums are my main stay of keeping in contact , & not like you we have 3 grown up kids & coming up in a few weeks will be our 8 th grand kid. any way as the others have said take your time & do be carefull.

...noeleena...

MissKara
05-16-2010, 08:26 AM
I am lucky because my mother (Who I live with) is accepting but doesn't want to see Kara (so I dress when she isn't home) but alot of my friends are supportive and talk to her/about her all the time :) I guess I was just lucky that Kara's coming out wasn't that bad...

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

Jolene
05-16-2010, 01:29 PM
Being on my own with all of this here in my life, it is so nice having all of you here as my family. :)

felesaerius
05-16-2010, 08:26 PM
I have yahoo I.M. and my user screan name is: "lovergirlcd" . As mentioned earlier use this site to find other CD's in your area.

To add to the list of people putting their info out there to talk to via a real time chat, I'm on yahoo as 'felesaerius' The crossdressing chat in the upper right I've used to no avail, really. It's awkward to use and keep track of who you're talking to, and no way to find out info about people in your area at all, if there's a chat room that would attract a creepy guy it'd be that. I use an IRC channel... reason I can't get out much, is still unemployed, hard to really go out with the gals on a limited income. :-)