PDA

View Full Version : What one visual part of you would you really want to change?

Deborah Jane
05-15-2010, 06:29 AM
What would you change about yourself visually?
What one part of you do you really think gives your real gender away to everyone else, either when you're out and about or in photo's you take?

I would change my nose, everything else, I think I can just about scrape by on, but my nose......Shouts guy from the roof tops :sad:

This applies to the guys too

karen68
05-15-2010, 06:35 AM
Jaw line it is deffinately guy If I had the money I would get it more feminized.

Sedona
05-15-2010, 06:42 AM
While I love being 6' 3" in my guy life, my height is a dead giveaway for a CDer. It'd be great to be able to instantly shrink 6-8 inches (tee hee) just for CDing purposes.

Mirani
05-15-2010, 06:43 AM
Self Image is a fascinating subject.
From the Bulimic and Anorexics to those addicted to plastic surgery, their mirrors do not usually reflect other's reality.

We tend to see our "problem areas" magnified a number of times in our house of distorted mirrors.

Our body image affects our self-esteem.

I love watching Gok's "How to look good naked".

So many times he demonstrates that the way we perceive ourselves is so very different from how others see us.

He somehow gets self-effacing, self-deprecating, non-confident (you get the picture) women who see their "Problem" - and shows them a real picture and shows how to make the best of what they have. I am often moved by the growth of these women into confident women - you can see it in their posture and their eyes.

So, to answer your question, I don't want to change anything (but would love a Gok makeover!).

(and actually your nose does not shout "male" :))

Jonianne
05-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Mirani, I think we can be honest about our appearance without being self-deprecating. But, we can still make the best of what we have. In just being honest, I would say my chin is very masculine and I wish it were smaller. If I had tons of money to waste, I might consider having it feminized. Over all my face is quite masculine and I wish it were more feminine, but I am happy with it. The rest I can cover up.

I agree with you about Deb though, her nose is just fine.

BRANDYJ
05-15-2010, 07:13 AM
First thing that comes to mind is my nose. I wish it was thinner. Secondly, my chin line. Age is taking over...ugh!

Jenna Stunned
05-15-2010, 07:19 AM
If I could change one thing, i guess It would be my size. As of now im 6 foot 200 pounds. Great as a guy, But as a girl Id love to be like 5 foot 8 145 pounds. Ahhh....... Its nice to dream.....:daydreaming:

Kate Simmons
05-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Probably the lengths of my ring and index fingers, so I can properly be whatever.:heehee:

MissKara
05-15-2010, 07:49 AM
This one is easy for me, my damnibble feet! My feet are huge and trying to find shoes that fit is really hard :( Asside from my feet it's be my jawline or adams apple.

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

msniki48
05-15-2010, 07:52 AM
I would love to take care of this nose, and get some nice cheek bones.

ohhhhh i would love a full head of hair! :heehee:

AKAMichelle
05-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Size of my head would be my biggest which can't be fixed. Not everyone is blessed with the perfect size head but it will not deter me from going out dressed. I just have to work on solutions to minimize its effect.

Dee2U
05-15-2010, 08:50 AM
The older I get, the more rugged and craggy my face looks inspite of the care I take. I can shape my brows but they are still to low on my cromagnon brow. Oh yeah, about those hobbit feet. LOL. Hey - I am what I am and some things are either impossible or too expenseive to fix....Dee

Jocelyn Quivers
05-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Shoulders, my cursed shoulders.:Angry3:
Feet, arms and hands to a lesser extent.

Loni
05-15-2010, 11:01 AM
only one thing...
for me it would be shoulders/arms, just a little bit smaller,
second would be my chin.

Sarah Doepner
05-15-2010, 11:05 AM
The impossible thing to change would be my overall size. For my girl time I'd much rather be a size 10 normal than an 18 Tall with obvious "man hands", but that can't happen.

However, when I win the lottery I'll be able to tune up my face just a little.

Joanne Curl
05-15-2010, 11:13 AM
The same thing I'd like to change in drab- my weight. I've always been big and have dieted all my life but I always go back to where I am. Second would be having all the hair back that I've lost (male pattern baldness) and losing the hair I've gained (on my chest back, ears, etc.!). It would also be nice to have regular sized hands and shoulders rather than the XL ones that I have. Last would be a nice tush instead of my nonexsistant one!

docrobbysherry
05-15-2010, 11:35 AM
MY ARMS, and shoulders!
MY ARMS, and hands!
And, MY ARMS!:brolleyes:

Engendered
05-15-2010, 11:36 AM
My nose. It's ok as long as I look directly at people at all times. Profile shots are out. "Hey you! Sneaking up to the side of me...noooo". But yes, my nose.

t-girlxsophie
05-15-2010, 11:49 AM
So, to answer your question, I don't want to change anything (but would love a Gok makeover!)

Mirani,That would be a great edition of "how to look good naked" wouldn't it,It would help give a lot of good advice,and maybe help our profile with the general public

Talking of eyes,I would fix the bags under my eyes,aint a good look,and my face is too long

Sophie x

Michaela42
05-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Just my size. I may walk femininely, talk femininely, and dress femininely, but I still look like a %$*(&#( offensive lineman :Angry3:

Karen564
05-15-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm not really sure I have anything that screams man, but I inherited my mothers nose which I would love to have recontured...
Then wish I didn't have such fine Scandinavian hair since it won't hold a curl for longer than 5 min. So wish it was much fuller & had more body..

I also want to get rid of the excess skin under my jaw & upper neck, which was the result of losing about 90lbs.

But the more I think of it, I could go on & on...& get some dermabrasion, an eye lift, dental veneers, lip lift, etc., etc,...lol

Joanie_Shakti
05-15-2010, 03:19 PM
My weight. I've been overweight since grade school and at 5' 9", I'm now the heaviest I've ever been at 230+ pounds.

Traci Elizabeth
05-15-2010, 03:25 PM
My nose. It's ok as long as I look directly at people at all times. Profile shots are out. "Hey you! Sneaking up to the side of me...noooo". But yes, my nose.

That is like me. I look good straight on but in my profile my nose is too long and my most dominate feature.

What would I change: My Nose!

Bannock
05-15-2010, 03:36 PM
I too battle the pounds, but recently (alomst 2 years ago) joined a program and dropped 45 pounds. I am now 205 to 210 (depending on the sweets that week) (damp Krispy Kremes..LOL). and I am working out. There is always hope ...don't give up the ship...:)

while at work I hear soooo mant real girls commenting on what they would change about thier body. These post echo many of the things they talk about. I think we all are more woman like than we know...:) gotta love it...LOL

Karinsamatha
05-15-2010, 03:47 PM
My feet they are huge, and maybe to have hair on my head not everywhere else. :brolleyes:

Tiffany8
05-15-2010, 04:27 PM
I too battle the pounds, but recently (alomst 2 years ago) joined a program and dropped 45 pounds. I am now 205 to 210 (depending on the sweets that week) (damp Krispy Kremes..LOL). and I am working out. There is always hope ...don't give up the ship...:)

Same here. Except for one thing. I'm closer to the 310 lbs. I just wish I could drop 60 lbs or so to start with:daydreaming:. ( where did I leave that magic lamp?) .... lol

bianca66
05-15-2010, 04:34 PM
I would say my square jaw is the give away...My nose can get thinned down and more refined looking with makeup but the jaw is more of a dead give away for me....

NiCo
05-15-2010, 04:35 PM
My teeth...maybe i'd smile more often :(

I can deffo say, apart from the obvious, it's the ONLY thing that bothers me. *depressed*

Carole Cross
05-15-2010, 04:41 PM
It has to be my facial features, they are a dead giveaway. There are other things that give me away but my face is the most obvious

Mary Jane
05-15-2010, 06:17 PM
I would like to have smaller hands. Mine are a dead give-away.

Nicole Erin
05-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Narrowed shoulders, I always hear how that is my biggest give away.

Hands are not too bad, nor are feet, they are proportion roughly for a woman my size. Facial features - not sure, probably more on the man side but my stupid shoulders are too huge. :S

Perlita85
05-15-2010, 07:37 PM
my face, the rest can be cammo

Cheryl T
05-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Overall size ... just shrink me down to 5'7" in the same proportions and I'm golden...

Suramya2010
05-15-2010, 08:34 PM
My hips and shoulders.. I like them if I can interchange their sizes. :heehee:

Madilyn A.
05-15-2010, 08:40 PM
Shrink me down about 8 inches in height.

shannonFL
05-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Deborah Jane, I said to myself, my Nose!..and then I read your post!
Hey, if that is all there is, wecan be grateful:battingeyelashes:

Kara Connor
05-15-2010, 09:46 PM
I'd like fuller lips and a cute nose. OK that's two things. Let's go with a more feminine face then :) I'm fine with being over 6 feet tall. I like tall girls!

Abbey Lane
05-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Well big feet getting size 13 in womans shoes is a pain although Endless.com does me wonders.

But if I ever wanted to go in public would have to be hair. I have a hairy chest and hairy legs. No way i can shave them off without the wife going ballistic. Obviously she doesn't know I dress.

Lastly would be weight and height tough being 6' and 218 bs. So that is three things.

kaitlin
05-16-2010, 12:07 AM
I have a thick, strong chest, big shoulders and arms. I would make them smaller and my boobs a lot bigger (from the small b they are now to at least a full c !!!)

Miley
05-16-2010, 12:12 AM
I would change my lips, i would love lips that look great with lip stick

Barbara G
05-16-2010, 12:17 AM
I definitely do NOT have an hour-glass figure. Just the opposite.

I need to lose 30 or more pounds that cluster around my waist. And it's not easy. I know. I've been trying for 25 (or more) years.

TinaMc
05-16-2010, 12:26 AM
While I love being 6' 3" in my guy life, my height is a dead giveaway for a CDer. It'd be great to be able to instantly shrink 6-8 inches (tee hee) just for CDing purposes.

Same, I'm 6'2". I wouldn't want to change that for my day-to-day life, but just as a temporary thing, it'd be nice to be quite a lot shorter.

Tanya C
05-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Personally, I 'd love to be rid of facial hair. I spend a lot of time experimenting with concealers and foundation and still I'm not happy with my face. I usually look too made up.

FireFoxAngel
05-16-2010, 12:49 AM
shoulders :(

I don't work them out but they stay too big

beccy
05-16-2010, 02:34 AM
well this is an easy one for me i would just change the whole bloody thing lol hate every part of this darn thing.

prene
05-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Face make it soft and feminine. . easy.
Yes,
I do have man hands, big shoulders, thunder thighs.

Danielle Gee
05-16-2010, 06:53 AM
I always wished I had a big butt!! Hell, I'd like to just have a butt:brolleyes:

StarrOfDelite
05-16-2010, 10:41 AM
My Adam's Apple, it's big and prominent, and very masculine. And, maybe, if it was changed I'd have a more feminine voice instead of my basso profundo.

PretzelGirl
05-16-2010, 11:30 AM
I agree that we tend to pick things out on ourselves that no one else cares about. Or so my wife and daughter tell me anyway. . .

Mine is about hair. First the hairline has taken a small retreat and I want to keep long hair as long as I can.

The second is hopefully somewhere in the future and that is to do a semi-permanent removal of the face hair and maybe the body hair.

Shelly67
05-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Tummy , belly , beer barrel , call it what you want . Mines expanded and I'm finding it hard to shrink ....... but then Abbot Ale doesnt help .:doh:

weekend woman
05-16-2010, 11:58 AM
For me it's my barrel chest and lack of a neck.

dilane
05-16-2010, 12:37 PM
If I could change one thing, i guess It would be my size. As of now im 6 foot 200 pounds. Great as a guy, But as a girl Id love to be like 5 foot 8 145 pounds. Ahhh....... Its nice to dream.....:daydreaming:

Jenna,

I'm 5'8" and 145, but I'd love to have a fully femme face like you do!

It seems we always want what we don't have.

I read a very good book called "How to want what you have." that discussed this issue among others.

-- Diane

Imogen_Mann
05-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Height... Take 8 inches off me PLEASE !!!

:)

Annalise
05-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Evrything that is changeable right now is a waiting game. Aka courage to shave everything including the facial hair I've had since early high school and just buying a wig so that one day I can go full femme with hair and make up.

To answer the one thing I would change the most is a bigger butt. I'm even self conscious about it in male mode lol but I would like a bigger more curvy girly butt that would even bring out my hips.

pj
05-16-2010, 01:12 PM
The cleft in my chin. Handsome, yes. Pretty, not so much.

Starling
05-16-2010, 06:27 PM
I'd like to be thinner, and have slenderer hands. And narrower feet--really cute shoes seldom come in wide widths.

Beyond that, maybe I'd like a different nose. But I agree completely that we have to love who we are, not who we wish we were.

:) Lallie

AmandaM
05-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Have you ever seen Fred Flintstone's feet?

Starling
05-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Amanda, I can't wait any longer for someone to erase that image.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2085/2240429924_fffd1855a5.jpg

Besides, your photo shows your feet look perfectly nice, in shoes anyway. And that's how I choose to remember them.

:heehee: Lallie

Lina_Wang
05-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Haha, looks like the most common pick is nose. I'd have to go along with that too, i wish it was a bit thinner, although with enough make-up it can kinda be contured. Other than that, my muscles... I never work out, ever, but i have huuuge traps, biceps and large muscles on my hands...sigh, usually a giveaway...

renneeists
05-18-2010, 03:57 PM
obviously my waist, which keeps getting bigger. Apparently I'm not trying hard enough.
Things I can't change, my feet, I'm just to cheap to buy heels for my size 13 feet. I did find a pair of open back, 2 inch granny heels, at payless online I can get into for $30. Since I'm still in the closet they work just fine

kayegirl
05-18-2010, 05:26 PM
The Beard shadow, I have tried various beard hiding cosmetics, but not entirely convinced. Also thought about anti-androgen creams, but am concerned about potential health problems

SusanCACD
05-18-2010, 05:46 PM
I have saved for years trying to get the money together to have this horrid lump in my neck fixed!!! And guess what? I am to afraid of not the possible medical repercussions, it is the society/work repercussions I fear. Is there a way, to just be me?

Susan

Kaz
05-18-2010, 05:52 PM
In this order:

Beard Shadow (the worst)
Eyebags
Skin complexion - I am old in the mirror!
Nose
All the chins
All the skin discolourations (I am old!)
Hands
and so it goes....

Elsa von Spielburg
05-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Jawline, easy. I don't have the most manly-man figure, but my face is on the longer/sharper side. Feh.

Starling
05-18-2010, 07:51 PM
I have saved for years...to have this horrid lump in my neck fixed...it is the society/work repercussions I fear...
Susan

Susan, I doubt that anyone would notice you suddenly had a more petite Adam's apple. I, for one, seldom look at a man's throat unless I am about to drink his blood.

:devil: Lallie

Starr
05-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Size would be my change as well i am 6' and 200 lbs as well with kind of a wide shoulder area..

Bikini Babe Claire
05-18-2010, 09:32 PM
My Feet There Just Too Big:straightface:

kymmieLorain
05-18-2010, 09:49 PM
I think my size would be the thing I would change. I think I could deal with the rest.

Kymmie

PinkHighHeels<3
05-19-2010, 06:09 AM
I'd like to be smaller and have a smaller shoe size.