PDA

View Full Version : Girls weekend vs. Boys weekend.....feeling sad

Danielle Austin
05-15-2010, 11:35 AM
I feel a little guilty even typing this post, but I know that just writing to this community will help me feel better. So my wife went away for a long weekend with her girlfriends at the beach, YaYa sisters weekend. It's basically the first time she has been away from our son since he was born 9 years ago. (He's got cerebral palsy, so we're both especially protective parents.)With her away, I finally get some more time to dress up a little. That's nice.

Although she knows I am a CDer, she is definitely not accepting yet. Even small steps at expressing some femininity around her, like wearing some cute underwear, are not especially well received.

I'm trying really hard to be a good husband and father, and I realize that she didn't sign up for this CD part of me when we got married. I'm just so sad that after I finally worked up the courage to come out to her that I have not received any real support from her. I'm not asking for carte blanche to do whatever I want, whenever I want. I just want her to acknowledge that this is a real part of me and not some dysfunction.

I want her to tell me that I am cute. I want her to just indulge me and treat me like her girlfriend sometime. She knows all this already; she just can't seem to do it. I'm not really angry at her, I just I don't like feeling so alone.

Sheila
05-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Danielle, I know this may sound harsh & I truly don't mean it that way, but she signed on for the husband/man in her life, she chooses who she wants as her friends GF or Male friend, so maybe she feels that because you are her husband and you want her to be your GF she feels that you are trying to make some of her choices for her .......... I love Debs with all my heart and I am lucky that in either mode she remains the same wonderful person, (or A$$ depending on her mood :heehee::heehee:)

Maybe she is scared that the more she accepts the more of her man she will lose ............ we all know about the pink fog:brolleyes:, now I am not condoning her attitude in any way shape or form, maybe she has not researched TGism, or worse yet she has and has come across some real crap sites and they have scared the heck out of her.

Have you told her about this site and the fantastic FAB part of the forum, where she could come and talk to other GG's who are all at various stages of acceptance ? if not why not? write the site address down, when she gets back give her a day or two, then ask her if you two can take the phones off the hook, lock the door and talk .......... try explaining quietly and please don't use terms like i would love to be your girlfriend ........... to her that may come across as you are implying she is at least Bi ... no, no, no not a good idea :straightface:

I am sure you are a good husband and father and maybe she is frightened of losing them ........... just my :2c: hope they help

Sheila