PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you girls like jewelry??

Nancie64
05-15-2010, 11:29 PM
I had the best time this past Thursday when my SO and her sister arranged for a private jewelry showing. When we got up in the morning, My SO told me to put on my favorite outfit and put on my best face and after that she said "let's go". Off we went. Her sister lives about 15 miles away and that's where we ended up. We went in and here she had all this jewelry laid out. Just went nuts, bought a few nice pieces and spent over 2 hours just trying on and switching from one piece to another, all with her help. Time flew by and when we were leaving she told me she loved my skirt and my nails. Almost better than going out to shop. Try this for fun. I Should send her flowers.

Joanie_Shakti
05-15-2010, 11:47 PM
I like the look of bangles on women and have a few necklaces and a couple of pair of clip on earrings. But except for the mala beads and a couple of pendants that I wear in both male and female mode, I usually don't bother with jewelry. I almost bought a few pairs of magnetic earrings tonight from a seller mentioned in a thread I read tonight, but changed my mind when I saw that I would have to register with Etsy to complete the transaction.

Since my dressing is pretty much confined to one room in the house, jewelry is the last thing I *have* to wear, behind the wig and makeup. Some days, it's just a pair of panties and if I do dress fully, I often don't wear the wig. And makeup, except for lipstick or gloss, is worn even less as the cleanup is a hassle.

So as much as I like the look of jewelry, especially a nice set of pearls, I rarely wear it as a conscious part of my outfit.

AllieSF
05-16-2010, 12:13 AM
I love all types of jewelry. Since I am a thrift store junkie, I am always picking up interesting earrings, bracelets and necklaces for $3 to $15. Today I bought several necklaces, bracelets and a cute pair of crystal colored pendent earrings. Part of the fun of wearing them is during the pre-outfit assembly process that I do 1 or 2 days prior to going out on the town as I put together what I will eventually wear. At that time I get to experiment with different looks, colors and combinations.

Miley
05-16-2010, 12:16 AM
I Love Jewelry, even when just at home with my wife, it seems to just finish everything off nicely.

Ingrid1999
05-16-2010, 01:08 AM
I love jewelry especially rings. Ive always worn rings since I was little and got them out of the candy machine. Now I were between 1 and 4 silver bands at a time depending on circumstances (work or off) regardless of how I present.

I wear anklets till I loose them and want to give myself permission for a toe ring. I could do so in girl mode but I like my silver so much Id have to wear it in boy mode too.

Personally not into gold, but I love silver, platnum, and stones like tourquise and Onyx.

TinaMc
05-16-2010, 01:28 AM
I love dangly earrings, beads and necklaces are nice too. Accessories definitely make the look.

Karen564
05-16-2010, 01:39 AM
Are you kidding?
Does a fish swim in water.....:brolleyes:

Of Course I Love jewlery..!!!!:battingeyelashes:

Especially Diamonds....:love:

StephanieDragg
05-16-2010, 01:55 AM
Yes ...love jewelry also! It sounds like you had such a wonderful time! :)

t-girlxsophie
05-16-2010, 01:56 AM
I love Jewellery too,At the moment I love Charm Bracelets,and nice necklaces especially Pearls,have started wearing anklets as well as they seem to be back in vogue
Love watch and bracelet sets too,I prefer silver jewellery with pink stones,my fave brand is swarovski,I think jewellery completes any outfit from the most glam to everyday wear

MissKara
05-16-2010, 08:22 AM
I had an experience with jewellery once: I am a professional photographer and once (While I was in drab), my model took two hours (On location) to just pick Jewellery :P Although I have to say, she looked amazing :) I wish I looked half as good as her :P

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

debbeelee1
05-16-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm pretty lucky, my SO makes jewelry and I have gobs of it! I think she makes more for me than herself and all of her friends put together!

Joyously 27
05-16-2010, 09:51 AM
I have a couple of multi colored stone bracelets,3 rings and red stone{not rubies} necklace.
I had diamond pinky ring which I lost years ago. When I was in Thailand I tried to buy an 0pal
ring at the hotel jewelers, I was asked my birth month and was advised not to buy it. Inferring it would be unlucky for me.I was not born in october.

Sophie_C
05-16-2010, 10:11 AM
I don't know if "like" is the right word. Jewelry and accessorizing is part of any outfit put together right. So, it's not like I overly have a thing for it. It's just matter-of-fact. Even if you're going for a hippie or country-type thing, there are accessories, and the right amount and the right type of accessories to go with it.

Jessy
05-16-2010, 11:57 AM
I love jewelry. Usually I stick to earrings, bracelets, and necklaces... not a big fan of rings.

weekend woman
05-16-2010, 12:03 PM
You know the old saying "Diamonds Are A Girl's/Gurl's Best Friend". A little gold or silver ain't bad either.

Imogen_Mann
05-16-2010, 12:49 PM
I make my own. Only simple stuff, but the range of clip on ear rings in stores is woeful to say the least, and making my own is fun, relaxing and I always end up with something original (and usually fairly nice looking). Some times if I see a matching set in a shop, I'll buy them and later the earrings to screw clips.

Sometimes I just bead stuff for the hell of it, and have a few necklaces made up of odd beads and other bits and bobs. They don't suit me, but look nice hanging up. Very colorful and a talking point. :daydreaming:

thechic
05-16-2010, 12:54 PM
I love dangly earrings, beads and necklaces and bangles.
Ware large pink studs and bangles in my normal mode,everybody comments, but your only alive once.:drink::drink::drink:

Cheryl T
05-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Jewelry? Of course not...I can't stand it. I'll be getting rid of all my earrings, rings, bracelets, anklets, necklaces and hair adornments in the morning...
YEAH RIGHT!

carhill2mn
05-16-2010, 05:51 PM
One of the things I like about CDing is that I am able to wear many jewelry items.

Kathy4ever
05-16-2010, 07:14 PM
I luv dandling earings,large diamond hoops and pearl necklace with studds and paerl bracelet. I think he pearl set is a sophisticated look for me, If I could afford it a nice big diamond ring would be nice too.

Stephanie Michelle
05-17-2010, 09:52 AM
I have a lot of jewelry. (costume) Made a lot of the bracelets myself. I don't wear any in male mode. But for some reason I love to wear bracelets, earrings, rings, necklaces, while dressed. I bought a lot of it on ebay for usually $2-$5.

Alice B
05-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Some jewelry is required to make the look complete. Ear rings are a must and a matching necklace and braclet always make me feel better.

Ellen James
05-17-2010, 03:58 PM
One of the first things I bought for myself is a small silver ankh on a silver chain which I wear most of the time whether en femme or in drab. I also have a bracelet of pewter and stones strung together with Celtic designs on them. And I've been trying to work up my nerve to get my ears pierced! :sad:

Simply_Vanessa
05-17-2010, 04:01 PM
I wear earrings whether I am in guy mode or girl mode :) I LOVE smallish hoop earrings and dangly earrings. I love bracelets too! And I have a cubic zirconia stud that I wear in my lip, it looks pretty nice. I dont think anyone can ever have too much jewelry :heehee:

BRANDYJ
05-17-2010, 04:01 PM
I think it's fair to say that 99.9% of us like jewelry. But what I like even better is the fact that your wife arranged this private showing for you with her sister. How wonderful that experience had to be. My guess is your sister-in-law already knew that you were a CD. Out of curiosity, I'd be interested in how she came to know and how she handled it from day one. My very accepting SO does not have a sister, or brother for that matter, but if she did, I'd have loved something like this. That would be so cool!

Karinsamatha
05-17-2010, 08:55 PM
Of course! Diamonds, Gold, Silver. The feel of dangling earrings, necklaces :).
You are so Lucky to have such special people in your life.

suchacutie
05-17-2010, 09:39 PM
Jewelry can be special, including the circumstances around it.

The necklace in my avatar came from a trip my wife and I took to Atlanta. In the underground was a stall making these pieces from brass. My wife flew home and I stayed in Atlanta for work. The next day we talked on the phone and my wife suggested getting that necklace made for Tina. I had only been CDing for 8 months so you can just imagine the emotion surrounding that necklace.

I wear it almost every time I'm Tina (like right now :) ! )

tina

sometimes_miss
05-17-2010, 09:44 PM
I like short dangling earrings that sort of 'clink' whenever I move. Bracelets seem more trouble than anything; they keep getting cought on stuff or stuck between on my hand and on my wrist. Necklaces might be nice, but with a 20 inch neck, I'm not going to find much. I do have a nice cartier tank watch that looks pretty, though. Glad they're sort of androgenously styled.

EnglishRose
05-17-2010, 09:48 PM
I have only one necklace, it was extremely cheap but I still love it :)

Nancie64
05-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Just for you Brandyj. It so happens that a few years ago while in Vegas, I had a make over at the GB and of course they took pictures of my SO and Nancie, who by the way had matching outfits on. My wife made a slip of the tougue and told her sister we took some pics and she insisted to see them, I agreed. Last Halloween we were in Vegas and she was with us, and she insisted that we go dressed downtown, I accepted the offer. Before going out at night we made a few stops and Nancie bought a two new wigs with the help of her two girlfreinds. It was fun. I always wanted someone to know about Nancie but didn't know who I could trust. She is cool with it and even offers suggestions about dressing. She already told me that when my items arrived, they will be delivered and a modeling session will be required.:love: