PDA

View Full Version : Our styles speak...

Annalise
05-16-2010, 05:02 AM
Hey all. I noticed some things about my style. I was thinking about it and I wondered if what we wear speaks anything about our femme personalitiesw or possibly even parts of our male personalities. For example, I noticed I just have a thing for short skirts. Does that mean I would be racy and outgoing as a female or is it the confidence I have or possibly even the confidence I wish I could have as a male? What do you think?

Sheila
05-16-2010, 05:22 AM
no, most go through that stage, some grow out oif it as they develop their own dressing style, practicality and age appropriate clothing

Deborah Jane
05-16-2010, 06:05 AM
It's all part of our evolution Annalise, as time goes on and we evolve, we become more comfortable with ourselves and as such our clothing choices evolve with it :)

Mind you, I've still got a nice collection of miniskirts and still love wearing them indoors, but I guess some of us never really grow up :battingeyelashes:

Danielle Gee
05-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Hey all. I noticed some things about my style. I was thinking about it and I wondered if what we wear speaks anything about our femme personalitiesw or possibly even parts of our male personalities. For example, I noticed I just have a thing for short skirts. Does that mean I would be racy and outgoing as a female or is it the confidence I have or possibly even the confidence I wish I could have as a male? What do you think?

I can't speak for others, but I think my style reflects my femme persona. I try to act like a "typical" housewife of my youth (the 50's) I cook, clean and demure to my sweetie in most instances. She still allows me to express my opinion, and I feel I have a great deal of influence on household issues. I think my choice of clothing reflects this.

In my male mode I am the exact opposite. I'm often opinionated and bossy at work, and have a reputation of beinng hard-headed.

MissKara
05-16-2010, 08:28 AM
I have found my dressing style is very similar to Kara's style.... We always go for knee length or longer dresses/skirts because we don't like shorter skirts (Don't like the racy look) :love: I love Kara

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

sissystephanie
05-16-2010, 05:51 PM
My dressimg style is what I like. That depends on what I am doing, or going to do! I wear short/mini skirts sometimes around the house, but rarely outside. On the other hand, I only rarely wear long (ankle length) skirts anywhere. But I do wear knee length, or slightly below the knee length skirts everywhere. I really think we mostly wear what looks god on us, and makes us happy. I know I do!

jenna_woods
05-16-2010, 06:21 PM
I think we all go through that stage of short skirts, then we move on.

StaceyJane
05-16-2010, 06:32 PM
I think my female clothes are very similar to my male clothes. Age appropriate conservative clothes.

Fab Karen
05-16-2010, 06:39 PM
It's all part of our evolution Annalise, as time goes on and we evolve, we become more comfortable with ourselves and as such our clothing choices evolve with it :)

True- Cher* doesn't dress now like she did when she was a self-conscious youngster fearful of the world.:)

*musician

Stacye Rose
05-16-2010, 10:52 PM
I've been actively crossdressing for over 30
years and I still buy and wear short skirts. Based on the comments I get from others who see me dressed in public and private the apparent age I present at is about 10-12 years less than my calendar age. So either I'm stuck in an early phase of crossdressing or I just like to wear short skirts. At any rate as usual, I fail to conform to the norm:)

docrobbysherry
05-16-2010, 11:30 PM
My male clothes have always been "plain Jane" things:sad:

While Sherry prefers ANYTHING that's short, tite, and sexy!:eek:

If I was born an ATTRACTIVE female, maybe I would have been a show girl, or model!:o

On the other hand, as has been mentioned, I'm only a young teen as a CD! Maybe when I "grow up", I'll get into the older "housewife" look!:brolleyes:

Does anyone believe THAT?:lol2:

DonniDarkness
05-17-2010, 06:16 AM
not even for a new york second, Doc. When are we going to see a Burlesque Sherry? Keep up the great art too

Nikki A.
05-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Conservative knee length for me. I do like bright colors though in drab and enfemme. It just seems in the larger sizes though I usually only find black or some truely hideous prints.
More important is that something fits and is flattering. Thats why I don't shop on line, somethings look great on the hanger but dissapoint when you have them on and I'm too lazy to have to return them. That's why I ask to try them on in the store.

Angiemead12
05-17-2010, 07:56 PM
its like if we were younger CDs we would dress accordingly, but since most of us started seriously older then we had to catch up and get all the young looks down before maturing to the more classy styles!

skylance
05-18-2010, 06:15 AM
I think i read something online about this somewhere (Cant remember) but it basically said that a lot of CDs / TGs will dress as what they think the ideal woman may look like / wear. I know i personally like to wear of the business / professional looks (knee length skirt, hose, heels, and an office approprite blouse) but i think it all comes down to individual choices, preferences, and what you feel you look good in, regardless of age.

lauraabdl
05-18-2010, 07:20 AM

Mind you, I've still got a nice collection of miniskirts and still love wearing them indoors, but I guess some of us never really grow up :battingeyelashes:

I agree with Deborah, still have some mini skirts that I wear inside, but I do have a large collection of peaseant girl tops an skirts, some length below the knee or just at the knee, and as of late I've been obtaining petticoats,pettipants and those frilly skirts that go with them. They are so much fun when you twirill.:heehee::heehee:

Frédérique
05-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Hey all. I noticed some things about my style. I was thinking about it and I wondered if what we wear speaks anything about our femme personalitiesw or possibly even parts of our male personalities. What do you think?

Well, I dress conservatively (see my avatar). Does that mean I’m conservative? WRONG! I’m way more liberal than many around here. I dress in concert with my reserved nature, everything very neat and just-so. Muted colors, contrasting tones, and an expression of quiet calmness are what I’m trying to achieve…:battingeyelashes:

Alicia.80
05-18-2010, 01:40 PM
I think what others above have stated is correct, we evolve as time goes by. When I first started buying my own clothes etc (roughly age 14-15) it was mostly short dresses, mini-skirts, blouses really high heels etc. As the years have went by I slowly started toning down what I wore, now I pretty much stick w/ a casual look. Usually jeans a short-sleeve pullover or tank, and low heels, almost always sandals. I still have some short skirts that I wear, but they're all casual looking and it has to be a really nice day if I wear them out. Pretty much I dress like most of the gg's my age in the area I live.