PDA

View Full Version : My mom said something that shocked me!!!!

bredalee25
05-16-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm still in shock over what she said. My mom my wife and I were sitting at my moms kitchen table. The discussion somehow got onto my exgf my mom said" if she'd ever show up here I wouldn't turn her away" I said" if you knew what she said in front of everyone at work you would send her packing" Now to give you a little history my wife my exgf and I all worked at the same place at one time. I told my mom my exgf said she caught me wearing womens dresses in front of the entire production crew. This is what shocked me when mom said" women wear mens clothes and nobody says anything if a man wears womens clothes it's wrong and they're thought to be gay or weird." She went on to say" what two adults do in there own home is there business if nobody has a problem with it why can't a man wear womens clothes around his house in front of his wife if she doesn't object to it.

I'm thinking wow I never thought i'd hear mom say those things. It's like she gave me a sign that it's alright with her if I dress at my house. My wife said not to tell her i'm dressing just to leave it go.

So should I take my wifes advice and not tell her or tell her i'm dressing?

My mom knew I was dressing when I was with my exgf but thinks i've quit for the sake of my wife.

Terrihoney
05-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Well, Duh! Mom knows you dress. That doesn't mean she wants to see it or go shopping with her 'daughter'.

Terri

StacyCD
05-16-2010, 02:40 PM
If yor wife is ok with your dressing I would bring it up with your mom, it seem like she is pretty accepting.

Renelle
05-16-2010, 02:52 PM
If the wife says "no", that probably means no. I think I'd go with the wife's wishes on this one.

BRANDYJ
05-16-2010, 02:54 PM
If you feel strongly about telling your mom that you still dress, I'd suggest you first ask wife why she does not want your mom to know. And if possible, without pushing it, I'd try to explain why you feel a need to tell your mom. If in the end, your wife still does not want you to tell your mom. I think it best to honor your wife's wishes. Telling your mom against your wife's wishes is disrespectful and could cause distance and problems between you and your wife. Your wife's reason for not wanting you to tell may be very valid/ At least for her, if not something you agree with or understand. Don't break your wife's trust is my vote and how I'd handle it.

Mirani
05-16-2010, 05:51 PM
How lovely of your mum to give a coded "Still love you and accept you" type message.

I'd keep the status quo ... if it aint broke, dont fix it! :)

ChanDelle
05-16-2010, 08:34 PM
I gotta go with Mirani on this one...Your mom's wonderful!

ChanDelle

boardpuppy
05-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Do as the wife wishes, if she ain't happy, nobody's happy.

Hugs,
Alice

Tranny Tee
05-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Talk it over again with your wife. Mention that mom already knows but let her make thee call. You don't want to have two ex-wives.

Chickhe
05-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Your mom is just saying the politically correct thing... so you don't feel bad... but it may be different in when face to face with it.

Mea GG
05-17-2010, 02:02 AM
To me the key phrase in your Mom's statement is, "what two adults do in there own home is there business".

and I would tell her only if you also share details of your sex life.:heehee:
I believe that is the category it has been put in, "what two adults do".

And your wife has said to leave it alone. Hello????? :doh:

So, one more vote for leave well enough alone.

But go ahead and do a Happy Dance that your Mom is accepting!
:cheer:

t-girlxsophie
05-17-2010, 02:12 AM
I do think your mum sounds like a fair minded woman.but am not sure it would be in your best interests to tell all.your wife is in my opinion looking out for your wellbeing and I think you should heed her advice.it is ultimately your decision though and I wish you well in whatever you decide to do

Angiemead12
05-17-2010, 02:47 AM
My mom is actually tempting me to visit her by saying I can be angie all week in their house!

RachelDenise
05-17-2010, 04:28 AM
Alert! Alert! Listen to your wife. Keeping her happy is the most important thing inb your life. Without her approval, nothing happens.

Sheila
05-17-2010, 04:59 AM
At the end of the day, it is your life, and your choice, but before telling your mum, I would seriously talk to your wife about doing so, listen to why she says no & take it from there........ Miriani says it well .......... if it ain't broke don't fix it :straightface:

Maybe your mum feels your wife has hampered a part of you, because she believes your wife does not know ? so maybe she is saying in front of your wife that if she "discovers" your little secret that it is okay, support for you, without realising your wife supports you already :straightface:

noeleena
05-17-2010, 05:13 AM
Hi .
Take your s o,s advise & leave that sleeping dog stay sleeping bring it up youll have two women on your back . what your mom said is what you do at home is not her busness . nore does she wont to know,

...noeleena...

Freddy12
05-17-2010, 05:23 AM
Explore things more with your Mom before telling her. Ask "Are you saying you wouldn't object if I wore women's clothes in my home, or in your home"? If she says it would be OK you have the chance to tell her.

KayleeDahl
05-17-2010, 01:10 PM
I'd listen to your wife, just for the sake of tranquility!

Hugs
Kaylee