PDA

View Full Version : Red toes all weekend long....

SandyR
05-16-2010, 06:06 PM
I must say my Wife is the best! We spent the weekend camping. Hit a wonderful Pub, great food cold beers. Then hanged with some folks camping down the road all the time knowing my toes where red.

For those times you can't be all dolled up it's great to know just a little part of you is girly.

Hugs!

Sandy

jenna_woods
05-16-2010, 06:17 PM
that's great I understand the thrill of haveing red toes,

Kathy4ever
05-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Wow u are lucky to have a supporting spouse. Mine would hit the roof. I did paint mine apink shade for a week during he winter. I luved it.keep it going and go for the nails too next time.

Tanya C
05-16-2010, 07:32 PM
You know Sandy, you have inspired me to do my toes which is something I haven't done in a long time. Tomorrow I'm going to buy some polish.
And of course, it will have to be red.

sissystephanie
05-16-2010, 10:00 PM
My toes have been Red ( some shade!) for so many years I can't remember when they weren't!! Oh, I guess back in the early '50's when I was in the military they weren't!!:heehee:

Nicole Erin
05-16-2010, 11:20 PM
I imagine Sandy was taking off her shoes now and then to admire her red toes and had a big cheezy grin like such - :D

OK I have a crazy imagination

Freddy12
05-17-2010, 06:26 AM
Great post. I'm assuming you wore closed toed shoes? Ah, to have been in sandals!!

Madilyn A.
05-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Mine too, have been red for most of 3 yrs. I believe it kept me a bit more grounded, always aware of my little secret. I also wore very sheer trouser socks and ankle bracelet most of the time when in drab. It little bit of fem all the time, a little bit of thrill all the time.

StacyCD
05-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Last fall I polished my toes and they were red all fall, winter and spring until last week. Alas, I'm in sandals all summer so I had to remove the polish. I can't wait until fall!

sissystephanie
05-17-2010, 02:00 PM
Last fall I polished my toes and they were red all fall, winter and spring until last week. Alas, I'm in sandals all summer so I had to remove the polish. I can't wait until fall!

Stacy, why remove the polish? Lots of men polish their toes. I wear sandals most of the time during the late spring and summer. My toes are always polished!!:)

Alice B
05-17-2010, 03:47 PM
You are right. It's nice to know that your toes are painted even if you and your wife are the only ones that see them. Mine are painted, my wife knows and so does most of our family although they seldom see them. Just having them painted is enough.

DonnaT
05-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Red tends to stain, so I wore a violet color this weekend, paired with shorts, shaved legs and flip-flops.

While shopping I would listen for comments, etc., but heard none.

Sabrina Duran
05-17-2010, 05:33 PM
I know exactly what you mean, Sandy. It's great having a little part of you "dolled up" when you can't get dressed. I painted my toes (well, my wife painted em) for the first time a few months ago, and just did it again recently. For someone like me in the military who's in uniform most of the day, it's a nice little secret I have. And I love getting home and taking off my socks and boots and seeing my painted toes.
I like any bright color, and had em a nice pink for a while, but nothing beats a classic red.

SandyR
05-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Great posts! I love reading about everyones experiences.....fun.

One of the things that my wife so does not get is how I can change into work out cloths in the boys locker at the gym. I tell her "really no one looks down" it's sorta a guy rule.....

Hugs!

Sandy

NathalieX66
05-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Red?
There are a 114 different shades of red/pink/purple/magenta and everything else out there....why limit yourself?
I had a metallic magenta (OPI Screen Test) for two months straight on my toes, and then had to take it off while visiting the parents for a large family reunion last weekend (I'm in cargo shorts & flipflops) , now I'm back and I have more parent's guest visititing my house this coming weekend , and I ain't gonna take it off this time, I'll just expose them and they're gonna see it whether they like it or not.

donnatracey
05-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Stacy, why remove the polish? Lots of men polish their toes. I wear sandals most of the time during the late spring and summer. My toes are always polished!!:)

Have to be honest (and I've been looking recently!).....I have not seen 1 man around here with painted nails.....other than myself.....:heehee: Even the manager at the salon where I get my pedis done said hardly any men get their toes nails painted....though I'm trying to change that the 3X I have been there....:D The last time when I came in he asked if I was going to pick a color and I didn't want to disappoint him or the girls there.....nary a comment when they do my pedis.

Jamie001
05-18-2010, 12:20 AM
NAthalie,

I agree with you, there is no reason to take the polish off. They are your toes and you can have them any color that you like.

:hugs: Jamie

Red?
There are a 114 different shades of red/pink/purple/magenta and everything else out there....why limit yourself?
I had a metallic magenta (OPI Screen Test) for two months straight on my toes, and then had to take it off while visiting the parents for a large family reunion last weekend (I'm in cargo shorts & flipflops) , now I'm back and I have more parent's guest visititing my house this coming weekend , and I ain't gonna take it off this time, I'll just expose them and they're gonna see it whether they like it or not.

Jamie001
05-18-2010, 12:21 AM
Hi Cruzita,

Have you tried OPI Big Apple Red? It is one of the best classic reds and will make you feel really femme.

I know exactly what you mean, Sandy. It's great having a little part of you "dolled up" when you can't get dressed. I painted my toes (well, my wife painted em) for the first time a few months ago, and just did it again recently. For someone like me in the military who's in uniform most of the day, it's a nice little secret I have. And I love getting home and taking off my socks and boots and seeing my painted toes.
I like any bright color, and had em a nice pink for a while, but nothing beats a classic red.

Jamie001
05-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Sandy,

It doesn't matter if someone looks down and sees your pretty toes. They are your toes and you can have them any color you like. It is the same as a person having a tattoo. It's their body. You should be proudly showing your polished toes in open toe women's sandals or flip flops. After all, the purpose of having red toenails is so that you can show them off and be proud of them. Give it a try and you will find that it is so liberating.

Great posts! I love reading about everyones experiences.....fun.

One of the things that my wife so does not get is how I can change into work out cloths in the boys locker at the gym. I tell her "really no one looks down" it's sorta a guy rule.....

Hugs!

Sandy

SandyR
05-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Jamie I so agree. I really love my toes it keeps me in touch with the simple things in life.

Thanks so much for all the fun replies!

Hugs!

Sandy