PDA

View Full Version : "It's so fun being a girl!"

Persephone
05-17-2010, 04:14 PM
This past weekend we were at the Strawberry Festival, a lovely faire dedicated to the strawberry crop and filled with vendors of all sorts of wonderful goodies, from strawberry nachos to flats of incredible fresh strawberries to clothing and jewelry.

My spouse and I stopped at a booth to look at the jewelry. Along the counter was a middle-aged woman also trying on the various rings and baubles.

As she was trying on a particularly cute ring, she looked up at the woman running the booth and said, "It's so fun being a girl! I feel so bad for boys!"

Mea GG
05-17-2010, 04:22 PM
Sometimes it IS fun to be a girl, and since I have been hanging out here, I think I notice those things more.

Mirani
05-17-2010, 04:38 PM
I went into Wallis's today ... oh! How LOVELY -- that I could try on what I liked even tho' today I had no intention of buying anything!

Didn't do it today, but shoe shopping is one of THE best fun things a girl can do! :)

Kathi Lake
05-17-2010, 05:04 PM
. . . "It's so fun being a girl! I feel so bad for boys!"I know. I feel bad for them as well! The poor little huddled creatures that feel they could never stray outside their proscribed little box. Me? I don't even acknowledge that the box exists! :)

. . . shoe shopping is one of THE best fun things a girl can do! :)You certainly have an "Amen,sister!" from me. The sound of the tissue paper crinkling as the shoe is removed from the box. The feeling of having your foot gingerly guided into the shoe and buckled, if necessary. The smell of the leather. The sound of your heels clicking over to the mirror. The sight of the perfect pair of shoes. Mmmmmmmm! Shoes!

:)

Kathi

Mirani
05-17-2010, 05:07 PM
The sound of the tissue paper crinkling as the shoe is removed from the box. The feeling of having your foot gingerly guided into the shoe and buckled, if necessary. The smell of the leather. The sound of your heels clicking over to the mirror. The sight of the perfect pair of shoes. Mmmmmmmm! Shoes!

:)Kathi

Stop it .... its making me all unnecessary :bonk:

PinkHighHeels<3
05-19-2010, 06:04 AM
The sound of the tissue paper crinkling as the shoe is removed from the box. The feeling of having your foot gingerly guided into the shoe and buckled, if necessary. The smell of the leather. The sound of your heels clicking over to the mirror. The sight of the perfect pair of shoes. Mmmmmmmm! Shoes!

Kathi

The best feeling in the world, especially if you have a pair of tights on!

vikki2020
05-19-2010, 07:52 AM
It is! And getting better all the time:)

jenna_woods
05-19-2010, 07:56 AM
I agree it is fun being a girl we get to buy and wear all these soft pearty things all time,

victoriamwilliams1
05-19-2010, 08:05 AM
I know that feeling:) Then I change!

Jilmac
05-20-2010, 03:53 PM
That woman was right, I love being a girl whenever I can.:love:

sissystephanie
05-20-2010, 10:02 PM
I know. I feel bad for them as well! The poor little huddled creatures that feel they could never stray outside their proscribed little box. Me? I don't even acknowledge that the box exists! :)
Kathi

There is a Box, Kathi? I didn't know that!!:eek:

Kathi Lake
05-21-2010, 12:06 AM
There is a Box, Kathi? I didn't know that!!:eek:I said I wasn't acknowledging it! Lalalalalalalalala - not acknowledging it, here!

Kathi

t-girlxsophie
05-21-2010, 07:09 AM
I have to wholeheartily agree,there is no better feeling than when you shed all sign of "him"getting all dolled up and feeling everything is right.sometimes If I like what I see in the mirror (rare but can happen lol)or am wearing a newly bought pretty item I cant help but blurt out I LOVE BEING A GIRL:daydreaming: :hugs: Sophie x

boardpuppy
05-21-2010, 07:49 AM
With the limitations imposed by excessive people around (summer makes it worse), I have to cherrish my girlie time whenever I get it. Can't wait for school to start next year and then I can get pretty, oh so pretty, anytime.

Hugs,
Alice

Christie ann
05-21-2010, 08:20 AM
...and all the different colors girl clothes come in. My boy clothes are every shade of blue that manufacturers can think of, but my girl clothes enjoy the entire color spectrum. :)

abigailf
05-21-2010, 08:35 AM
As she was trying on a particularly cute ring, she looked up at the woman running the booth and said, "It's so fun being a girl! I feel so bad for boys!"

You should have commented to her, "don't feel too bad, boys can be girls too." .. and then proceed to try on a piece of jewlery.

bobble143
05-21-2010, 09:56 AM
as i never get chance to dress fully i can imagine what fun it is to be a girl, i know its not so good being a boy......but even worse than that is being a boy who wants to be a girl and isn't allowed to be.......AAAARRRRGGGGHH

sometimes_miss
05-21-2010, 10:05 AM
It's so fun being a girl!
Not to be a spoilsport, but: Sometimes it is. Sometimes it's not. As males, we get to avoid a lot of the not so fun parts about being a girl; and of course the one big thing; we get to change back whenever we want. No: Periods, retaining water, wild mood swings, bunions and deformed feet from wearing heels too much (not to mention the pain!), no watching our boobs/belly/butt permanently sag and take away our only sexual attraction as we get old, no having to keep reapplying makeup all day long, not having hair in our food/face/mouth/eyes all day long (not to mention having to brush and detangle it after every walk outside in even mildly windy weather), no being stuck with a run in stockings, oh and don't forget no Surprise! periods that catch us off guard with no tampons or anything, no having manufacturers stop making the one shade or product of make up that is our staple, ever drop your mascara wand in the toilet by mistake? OH shit! Now what do you do? (one eye is done, the other only has one edge). As guys, being able to basically strip to our boxers and go swimming, not have to worry about being sexually assaulted every time we go out at night, traveling with one pair shoes, one sneakers, one sandles, and being able to choose in 5 seconds which ones we want, in fact, we can usually pick clothes and pack the whole damn suitcase in five minutes. Being able to move furniture with one hand/remove lids/fix stuff/ fart when I need to. Oh, and as a man; the world is my urinal (not politically correct, but mostly true). The list goes on and on. Sometimes it's good being a boy.

kellgrl66
05-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Yep the feelin is just divine and love shopping and trying things on when at the malls now. Just cant believe what guys are missing lol.

docrobbysherry
05-21-2010, 11:22 AM
----- the GUY you, gets to look at your fem mirror image and pics and think, " OMG! That hot babe is ME!":daydreaming:

Empress Lainie
05-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Now I feel that my life before transition was nothing. I am alive truly for the first time in my life and so happy.

Persephone
05-21-2010, 04:01 PM
You should have commented to her, "don't feel too bad, boys can be girls too." .. and then proceed to try on a piece of jewlery.

Abigail, I was trying on jewelry -- but, of course, I was en femme and "just one of the girls!"

As it turned out, my spouse and I bought these cute little ring sets with a center braided ring and two guard rings on the outside. Mine has a gold center and silver guard rings, and hers has a silver center and gold guard rings. We wear them on our right ring fingers.

kellycan27
05-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Yup... it definetly is fun being a girl.

Hey Barb, I am heading your way this weekend. Visiting a girl friend that lives in Porter Ranch. A few of us are going to do a shopping marathon at the mart downtown LA. I may have to stop and visit cupids while I am so close.

Kelly