PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip

Leanne2
05-18-2010, 09:04 AM
I had to drive 250 miles to my brother’s farm to pick up a side of beef. The steer was butchered several weeks ago and the locker had called to tell me that the meat was ready. My wife couldn’t go with me so I decided to pack a few more things. Beside very few “guy” clothes I packed two skirts, capris, three tops, a bra and panties, keds, sandals, and nylons. Then I stuffed the small bag with my blow dryer, curling brush, flat iron, hairspray, and makeup bag.

It was 6am Sunday morning when I left for work. When I got off that afternoon, I put on my bra and foundation makeup in the bathroom at work. Then I looked both ways and quickly walked to my car. Soon after I was heading up the interstate. Two hours later I stopped at an antiques store in a small town. I had been there before, enfem. Off came my clunky guy shoes and I slipped on my white Keds. It was quite cool so I passed on the skirts and left on my jeans. I finished my makeup in the car, fluffed my hair, grabbed my purse and went in. The man working there said hi and asked if I needed help. I said I was just looking; which was true. It was fun to browse among the other costumers but I didn’t find any treasures so I left. Next door was a small flee market. It was mostly cheap junk but I found the jewelry area. My ears aren’t pierced so I’m always on the lookout for clip on or the old screw on earrings. They had a large fish tank of earrings in small plastic bags. The sign said five for a dollar. Strictly flee market cheap jewelry but what fun to dig for what I like. After picking out five I browsed the other displays and found an earring and matching pin set in a nice box for $5. Then I left and got on the road again.

Later I ate in at a fast food place and then filled the car with gas. Then I drove to my brother’s farm; stopping a mile away to change back to drab. On Monday morning I loaded the trunk with frozen meat and covered it up with sleeping bags. I stopped an a Comfort Inn about an hour down the road to transform. I did most of it in the car but then went in as if I was a guest there. I used their lobby bathroom to finish my makeup. It was still cold and rainy so I left my jeans on but put on a pink pullover top. I put on my “new” earrings and then hooked the matching pin to my top. I was almost out of waterproof mascara remover so I stopped at several places before finding some at a CVS pharmacy. The sales ladies were very helpful.

A few hours later I filled the car with gas and then ate at McDonalds. After using the ladies restroom I again headed south. I thought I was done having fun when I slowed to 45 to pass through a small town. I noticed a thrift store that was open so I went around the block and stopped out front. The owner was a lady about my age; “old.” I was just browsing and visiting with her about the rain. Then she offered that she had just gotten in a bunch of evening gowns from an estate sale but hadn’t had time to hang them up yet. I wanted to see them so we walked to the back of the store. I picked out a gown and went to the back bathroom to try it on. Darn! It was a little too small. When I came out another lady was looking at the gowns. Soon they both were picking out gowns that would look good on me. I tried on 6 or 7 gowns but they were all a little too small. So I thanked the ladies and left. Now I would never have the need for an evening gown but who doesn’t want one. I drove for three more hours and got home just before my wife got home from work. I had enough time to drab up before she had me carry in the boxes of meat.

So that was my most excellent road trip. I wish you could have been with me! Leanne

Rianna Humble
05-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Sounds like a fun time, thank you for sharing it with us

boardpuppy
05-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Hi Leanne,
Oh, a couple of pic's as keepsakes would have been wonderful but the shopping sounds devine. To be able to just go and spend the day "just looking".

Hugs,
Alice

Leanne2
05-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Hi Alice,
Yes pictures would be nice but I have the hardest time trying to post pictures on a web site. Last year I managed to post pictures of my new hairdo but it took me forever to get it done. And now I can't remember how I did it. My hair is brown with some gray but I must be a blond at heart. Leanne

kimdl93
05-20-2010, 09:33 AM
The trip sounds like fun, but now you've got me salivating for a nice juicy steak!

JoanAz
05-20-2010, 10:46 AM
I just drove 4,000 miles Az. to Fla. to Az. for a PPG Flying event. I did the whole thing in Fem. clothing but no make up, My hair is my own and 3 inches below my collar and waivy.
I mostly wore Leggs Sheer Energy and Short Shorts, Knit Tops and the "twins"
Pumping Gas Every 300 miles was a Blast. There was Stares but no comment at Fast Food stops..All in all it was FUN...
:love:

Billijo49504
05-20-2010, 11:28 AM
WOW!! That sounds like a great adventure. Plus you got the beef. So we now know," Where the beef".:eek::hugs:BJ

Leanne2
05-20-2010, 09:25 PM
Joan, What is a PPG Flying event. Leanne

JoanAz
05-21-2010, 09:22 AM
PPG powered paraglider,,,Google it

:)