PDA

View Full Version : I think I found my roots... Maybe...

Ruikki
05-18-2010, 03:16 PM
So Ive been thinking a lot about why I am the way that I am. I know this is some what of a pointless question because we are who we are and thats it... but last night I watched Mrs. Doubtfire with my SO (who grew up in russia) and I realized that this movie is probably one of the earliest Crossdressing influences in my life, (my brother and sister also dressed me up in my sisters ballet uniform, tutu and all). I found it really interesting!

Lina_Wang
05-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Well from the psychological stuff i've been reading, I believe to a degree material we're exposed to in our pre-pubescent youth can subconcsiously in a way affect how we become, so I wouldn't be surprised if what you're saying could be the probable cause! When I was like, 4 yrs old, I snuck into my mom's room and tried on her lipstick, my earliest memory of experimenting lol!

kimdl93
05-19-2010, 08:37 AM
The exposure might have an impact, but there's a growing body of evidence suggesting that exposure to hormones in the placenta environment has an impact on male embryos that can be reflected in gender identification later on.

KayleeDahl
05-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Kim, I'd be interested in reading more on this, do you have any sources?

Thanks!!
Kaylee

Loni
05-19-2010, 10:07 AM
i guess it might be interesting...but it is just how we were put together.
only reason i can see to finding out how all this goes together it to take it apart...why?? i like being....me.

i am never by my self...even when alone. we are always together.:heehee:

AKAMichelle
05-19-2010, 10:51 AM
I think everyone may have a trigger that they can go back to which they can point to if they can remember back that far. But in order for the catalase to work, you must have the trigger primed and ready to go. Thus maybe hormones when we are developing or something.

kimdl93
05-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Kim, I'd be interested in reading more on this, do you have any sources?

Thanks!!
Kaylee

Kaylee - here's a study that looked into the effects of birth order - associated with its impact on gender identification. speculation is that the cause relates to the hormonal environment of the womb.
http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/abstract/153/1/27

there are a lot of related articles available on the web