PDA

View Full Version : Less time for dressing up - but it is a good thing

RylieCD
05-18-2010, 03:20 PM
I do not start to many posts here but this is a good thing I have started and I hope to stick with it.

Since I am a very closeted CDer, and my wife doesn’t want to know about it (I respect that), I use to think that any free time alone = me time = dress up time. I have come to a realization that there are more things to do in the house other than sit on the couch and clean every so often. Exercise!! Before anyone yells at me saying females exercise too, remember I just said I am closeted and do not have many things and dresses, skirts and high heels are not meant for exercising)

Well I have know for many years that my weight has been increasing, the pants have been getting tighter and I am starting to by larger sizesL but it took a trip to the Dr (wellness check) to realize that I have gained 25 pounds within a year. So this past weekend I have started reading the nutrition facts on food and drinks and have started a 30-day challenge on the Wii Active. Two days in and I am feeling good. Hopefully I will see some improvement in the weight as well.

Maija
05-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Don't be discouraged by temporary weight swings - keep rack of your weight for 5 days and do a running average - then use that number to decide if you are doing good.

Nicola2876
05-19-2010, 04:12 AM
Good luck! I'm trying to lose a few pounds myself.

KayleeDahl
05-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Aren't we all always trying to lose some weight? Way to go on taking the initiative, and getting started!!!

I know Kaylee is the thing in my life that gets me to exercise... looking good in a tight lbd is my motivation!

Hugs
Kaylee

Ellen James
05-19-2010, 07:48 AM
Good initiative, Rylie! The jouney of 10,000 miles begins with a single step. :) As suggested, aren't we all there trying to lose weight! If you're like me :heehee: I've found that some extra incentives help as well so I'm here in my black leotard and pink tights ready to do my own workout. I realize that may not work for you but I'm sure you can find either a goal (like a cute new outfit?) or something else that will make the workouts more fun. Good luck!!