PDA

View Full Version : Keeping track of the little clues

tifftg
08-19-2005, 09:34 PM
Wondering if I am alone in this. I am married and my wife does not know. At the same time I am a at a stage where I am shopping more and trying to dress more especially when I travel. I was in Chicago last week and did some shopping at the MAC store. I was wearing boy clothes and had forgetten that I had left the receipt in my pocket. Tonight putting my jeans on I pulled out the receipt. There it was my purchase of moisturizer, I probably could have explained that but not the new tube of Satin Twig Lipstick. I was able to stuff the receipt back into my pocket before my wife noticed. Not sure what I would have said. Wonder if I am now at the stage where I subconsiously want to be caught.

Tiff :confused:

Kathrine
08-19-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi Tiff,

I have been married for about 10 years. I talked with my wife a bit about my interests before we were married. She was not at all enthusiastic about me dressing up and I've dropped it for years. But in the last few months I've really craved it. I've started to buy myself things. My wife found a bottle of nail polish in my dresser drawer the night before last. She wanted to know why it was there. I told her she knew why. At first she pretended not to know what I meant, but then made it clear she knew but was dissapointed. Probably a half hour later she told me that it was ok, we have a strong relationship in many ways. But it isn't anything she wants to share with me. I guess that's fair enough. There is no way I could totally keep it from her and I quess its good she has some idea, in the future I think she'll just not ask about these things.

Joanie
08-19-2005, 10:19 PM
My wife knows but yet, it is odd how I still at times act as if she doesn't know. I had a receipt from Merle Noman I thought I had lost and worried until I found it, even though she knew I went there. She knows I visited there a few months back but hasn't really asked any questions about what I purchased, what did the saleslady said to me, etc. Which is odd, as the woman there who was very sweet is the only person other my wife to discuss cding with me face to face. She applied a number of lipsticks and lipglosses before I purchased these and other items.

Years ago, when I was very open about something I was doing as Cd while she was out of town (maybe telling her about all I wore or something) she said something like "I am glad you have been honest with me, I know about it but sometimes I would rather not hear the details or know much more other than you do it occasionally." Hence, my acting like she knows but doesn't know. Make sense?

P.S.-You may very well want her to know about it. One things my wife doesn't know about--the false breasts I bought off ebay to fill the bra. Would that make her say--"You are going too far"?

Sigrid
08-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Wondering if I am alone in this. I am married and my wife does not know. At the same time I am a at a stage where I am shopping more and trying to dress more especially when I travel. I was in Chicago last week and did some shopping at the MAC store. I was wearing boy clothes and had forgetten that I had left the receipt in my pocket. Tonight putting my jeans on I pulled out the receipt. There it was my purchase of moisturizer, I probably could have explained that but not the new tube of Satin Twig Lipstick. I was able to stuff the receipt back into my pocket before my wife noticed. Not sure what I would have said. Wonder if I am now at the stage where I subconsiously want to be caught.

Tiff :confused:
Wanting to be caught or just tired of hiding it? Same thing I guess...

I faced a similar situation a few years ago except that in my case my wife was the one who found the reciept for some lingerie. She didn't confront me for a couple days until I had noticed her mood and asked her if something was bothering her. She pulled out the reciept and demanded an explanation. It took all my courage to admit to her that I was a crossdresser. She simply replied... "that's it? I thought you were having an affair."

She reminded me that I had actually mentioned it to her years ago before we were married. It's just that I didn't do it very much at all during the that period so the fact that I told her just slipped my little blonde mind.

Moral of the story, if there is one... if your convinced that you want her to know now, tell her in a controlled way. There will be too much grief for both of you if she should discover it on her own.