PDA

View Full Version : When buying girly stuff online....

Alison-Mary
05-19-2010, 07:09 AM
Hi Girls

When buying girly stuff online what name do you use when having goods delivered? If you are not at home to receive the delivery there is a chance:

1) Your (nosey) neighbour may be asked to hold it until you're home :eek:
2) It may be sent to the sorting office for collection :doh:
3) Your SO may be home alone when delivered :o

Luckily my wife is aware of my CDing, and allows me to use her name.

But would be interesting to hear the precautions you CD'ers go to when having your girly stuff delivered.

Love
Alison :)

Tina L.
05-19-2010, 07:15 AM
I use my gf's name, And her name is also on the debit
card, but i will go to stores and buy for myself.

Tina L.

Kelli Lovelace
05-19-2010, 07:25 AM
I just use My real name and have it shipped to my office. My secretary has never asked any questions. I had a coworker ask about one package and I just said that my wife orders stuff and has it sent here because noone would be at home to receive it...worked like a charm!

KayleeDahl
05-19-2010, 07:34 AM
When I worried about this a lot, I had everything shipped to a mailbox, and picked it up. Truth is, most people just don't give a damn except maybe your family.

Now I just have it shipped to my apartment, and hope that the package isn't tooo revealing - enough to peak someones curiosity to look at it further. (once had 2 pairs of high heels delivered with only clear tape holding the two shoe boxes together with a label stuck on it. lol not exactly private!)

Hugs
Kaylee

jenna_woods
05-19-2010, 07:46 AM
I don't order to much on line, I enjoy shopping and trying them on a lot, but wen I do order something on line I use my real name, if wife does see it I just say hun's its for you>

kimdl93
05-19-2010, 08:34 AM
I don't take any precautions - I'm out to my wife and can't imagine a neighbor opening a package addressed to me or for that matter being particularly interested in the contents.

Tina B.
05-19-2010, 08:35 AM
I don't buy much on line, but when I do, I just put the wifes name on it, or mine don't really matter which.
Tina B.

EnglishRose
05-19-2010, 08:43 AM
I use my wife's name, with her knowledge. Also, any catalogs that arrive are in her name, too, because of that.

AKAMichelle
05-19-2010, 08:48 AM
my male name

StaceyJane
05-19-2010, 08:58 AM
Since I'm out I just use my regular name.
Don't worry about the packages, they don't say"Crossdressing Stuff" in big red letters.

Samantha B L
05-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Hi Allison, I usually contact the managers or the people who are more or less in charge at these online mail order businesses and I ask that no reference to the product contained in the package be printed or shown on the outside of the package. I also ask them not to package with fem colors or writing with fem fonts,etc, and so on. fem looking logos,etc.. Some of these places have very sweet feminine names and I've asked sometimes that my packages be sent in the name of the store owners. The online businesses who cater to lots of CD's will understand if you need these kind of special provisions and especially if you are making it worth their while with a large and expensive order they will always be glad to cooperate.

And I can understand your feelings about pesky neighbors holding on to your packages for you. Utimately,they can't open them! I don't know where you live,Allison,but in all of the major industrial democracies,NOBODY CAN OPEN YOUR MAIL! Beleive me,they wouldn't dare try it! they don't want to be the subject of a news report on local TV or in the local paper or go up at the county seat or downtown courthouse on some kind of embarrasing charges. Happy shopping,hun.

Samantha

Stephenie S
05-19-2010, 09:11 AM
The idea that this is a real issue is just more of your guilt and shame showing. The FACT is that nobody cares what you buy on line. NOBODY. Nobody. Nobody.

Order what you want. Have it delivered where ever it's most convenient. If you were not so freaked about having someone find out your "secret" you would understand this. But in reality, nobody CARES about your "secret".

Ask me how I know.

suzy1
05-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Where I come from everything comes in a plain package or parcel. I have been shopping on line for years. If not then its for my daughter or step daughter.

StaceyJane
05-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Also most crossdressing stores use a different name on their return address.
So if you order from iwannabeagirl.com the package will say something like K&M Industries.

Alison-Mary
05-19-2010, 09:41 AM
"Order what you want. Have it delivered where ever it's most convenient. If you were not so freaked about having someone find out your "secret" you would understand this. But in reality, nobody CARES about your "secret".

Ask me how I know."

Hi Stephanie

How do you know?

Thanks
Alison

suzypier
05-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Hi girls,

Because I am still in the closet and I only go out en femme while away from home, I have solved that problem by having a secret P.O. Box. So no matter which name I use it is safe.

Suzanne

EnglishRose
05-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Don't worry about the packages, they don't say"Crossdressing Stuff" in big red letters.

That reminds me. One time several years ago I ordered a "toy" online. It came in a brown unmarked packet, which also happened to be ripped along the largest seam, displaying said toy to the postman when he rang the bell to deliver it. :doh:

Stephenie S
05-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Been there, done that.

I have a great deal of experience.

Stephenie S
05-19-2010, 09:57 AM
That reminds me. One time several years ago I ordered a "toy" online. It came in a brown unmarked packet, which also happened to be ripped along the largest seam, displaying said toy to the postman when he rang the bell to deliver it.

Right. And did the postman report you to the police? Did he inform your boss? Did he tell your family? Did he call your pastor? Did your life fall to pieces? Nope. None of that happened. Why? Because NOBODY CARES.

Order what you want.

Stephie

Loni
05-19-2010, 09:57 AM
all of my mail goes to a po box, both male and female items.
no problems there. he gets the bills, she gets the packages.
i have used a po box for decades due to not home much (work hrs). is a bit of a problem if using ups or other.

EnglishRose
05-19-2010, 10:01 AM
That reminds me. One time several years ago I ordered a "toy" online. It came in a brown unmarked packet, which also happened to be ripped along the largest seam, displaying said toy to the postman when he rang the bell to deliver it.

Right. And did the postman report you to the police? Did he inform your boss? Did he tell your family? Did he call your pastor? Did your life fall to pieces? Nope. None of that happened. Why? Because NOBODY CARES.

Order what you want.

Stephie

'Course! One moment of embarrassment was fleeting at most, and mattered nothing.

Tomara
05-19-2010, 10:07 AM
I use my real name , credit card and mailing address.
My girlfriend is OK with my dressing so no need to worry about her seeing or recieving a package.
And it's really no ones business what I buy or where I buy it from any way !
Tomara

sandra-leigh
05-19-2010, 10:46 AM
My male name is easier than my female name :D We have an attendant in the house all day, so if the postman or courier rings, they will get the attendant. A parcel in my femme name would attract more attention than a parcel in my name.

Loni
05-19-2010, 10:53 AM
My male name is easier than my female name :D We have an attendant in the house all day, so if the postman or courier rings, they will get the attendant. A parcel in my femme name would attract more attention than a parcel in my name.

you must be rich to have a "attendant" at home all day. or it is a ****. :heehee:

Vieja
05-19-2010, 11:02 AM
When I was working I had things shipped to a PO Box but now that I am retired and my wife doesn't answer the door or check the mail I just have things sent to me at home.

Vieja

minalost
05-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Hi girls,

Because I am still in the closet and I only go out en femme while away from home, I have solved that problem by having a secret P.O. Box. So no matter which name I use it is safe.

Suzanne

And it helps that the post office is only 4 blocks from my office.
:hugs:

trixie
05-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Real name. Out to the wife, and really you can always fall back on the "name on the credit card".

And everything else said in this thread. :)

DeSkirt
05-19-2010, 01:25 PM
I use a P.O. Box Too!
But sometimes it takes longer and some places do not ship to a P.O. Box.

MissKara
05-19-2010, 06:28 PM
When I usually get things shipped over, I just use my real name... My mother doesn't open my packages :P

Lots of Love,
Miss Kara

Charleen
05-19-2010, 06:52 PM
I have no home delivery, I'm out in B.F.E., and use my male name. Even the Fredricks catalog comes to him.

t-girlxsophie
05-19-2010, 07:15 PM
When I get anything delivered I order using my wifes Initial,with her consent of course,I wouldn't ordinarily have a problem,but It so happens my Postman is my Cousin LOL

ellieparsons
05-19-2010, 07:34 PM
I use my real name& its shipped to my house, luckly i live alone, so i dont have to worry about people seeing what i order or opening up my packages.

Kat42
05-19-2010, 08:52 PM
I originally got a PO box as an identity theft defense. The PO Box is far more secure than the "community mailboxes" the USPS has foisted on home builders in the past couple decades. Community boxes are more convienent for the postman but also for mail thieves. But I digress..

The SO knows and has her own key but she rarely uses it. No secrets. I have stuff shipped there mostly as part of my "don't rub her nose in it" rule.

I just give 'em the first initial. But the full name is on the CC and the email return address. Works every time.

PretzelGirl
05-19-2010, 09:41 PM
We somehow got things backwards. The credit card we use is in my name and the PayPal account in my wives. Well, all the clothing, shoes, Breast Form Store, etc don't use PayPal so they have my name on them from the credit card. The computer/electronic stuff is from places that usually take PayPal, so it is all in my wife's name. So I get the Victoria Secrets and OneHanesPlace catalogs and she gets TigerDirect and others. Before my daughter knew, she looked at my mail and asked if I needed a new bra. :D

suchacutie
05-19-2010, 09:54 PM
I use my male name and have it shipped to my house. No problems here :)

tina

Chris7ina
05-19-2010, 10:07 PM
I have always used my male name and never had a problem. The majority of people here are right. The parcel delivery person doesn't care.

Joanie_Shakti
05-19-2010, 10:26 PM
I use my male name and also have a PO box. I prefer most items sent there, but I've run into instances lately where they shipped UPS instead of through the mail. I had both UPS, identifying where the package was from, AND Fredericks call the house trying to find a physical address to deliver to! (Talk about double whammy :eek:) That was really odd as I had had all orders from them delivered to the post office with no problem before.

So I kind of gave up on caring. I still have some things sent to the box, but have more delivered at home now. Frederick's packages are plain looking. But some companies print their name and/or logo in big letters on the package. So if you order from Newport News or Metrostyle for instance, if people know they deal in exclusively women's clothing, they're going to know what's in the package.

tashaly
05-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Everything I wear has been bought online. Real name, credit card, and mailing address. I live alone, but my landlord who lives downstairs often receives my packages.

The first thing I do before placing an order is to check a site's shipping policy. If it's a legit site (for example, Glamour Boutique), they will spell it all out in plain English that they ship in an unmarked package with a non-descript return address.

The big surprise for me was Victoria's Secret. They ship in a plain white plastic bag with just "VS" on it. (In fact, I think it was in these forums that I was made aware of this!) What sucks is that they automatically sign you up for their print catalog, so if people can see your mail, be careful. Fortunately they're pretty good about removing you from their mailing list via email. And, it seems like no one cares if you're a single man with a lingerie catalog in his mailbox.

The other strategy I have is shopping at sites that cater to both men and women, like the Gap.

I actually got a PO Box for a little while, but I found it inconvenient to even get the darn thing that I never used it, plus so many stores use UPS anyway.

Hope this helps!

sissystephanie
05-19-2010, 10:55 PM
I frequently buy femme stuff online! Since my male name is on my cards, that is the name I order under. But I always have the femme stuff delivered to Mr. Stephanie ******** at home! As my namesake Stephanie S says, Nobody cares!!!

Well, my dear late wife thought it was funny! Of course, she knew all about Stephanie!!

mklinden2010
05-19-2010, 11:06 PM
I use my male name for all business.

And, it's true, nobody cares.

Meanwhile, got some new neighbors recently and thought they were acting a bit too polite.

Turns out they've been using an attic window our old neighbors never used and can see down into our dining room and kitchen.

Fine. Hope they like chiffon...

(But, we don't care of they don't.)

RachelF
05-19-2010, 11:21 PM
I order using my real name. You can always say stuff is for your wife. I am out to my wife, I have three drawers of girl clothes for me. They can also be passed as my wife's clothes. The only thing that concerns me a little bit is my high heels collection. My wife is 7.5 and I use 11, so if somebody takes a look to my shoe collection the question will be made: who uses here 11 size in women's shoes? ... :nailbiting:

erickka
05-20-2010, 06:01 AM
I use my real name and have it shipped to my work. It is only the 4 of us here, so , since it is so mom and pop, no questions or anything.I usually receive the UPS orders anyhow, so I pull my stuff as soon as it arrives.

Jenny Green
05-22-2010, 10:41 AM
I try to be ultra-safe, as I'm completely closeted.

* To pay for it, I get a Visa gift card and register it online in a completely untraceable name. ("Santa Claus"), with an address in a whole 'nother state.

* I order it in a different name, and use my office as the mailing address. The name I use is vry very close to my masculine name, but with a few letter different. Close enough so that the mailman delivers it to me, but different enough so that, if caught, I have plausible deniability because it's not my name on the package.

So, it arrives as if ordered from "Santa Claus" in a different state and delivered to my office without my accurate name on the box. It works! :-)

Mandy
05-22-2010, 10:51 AM
I use my own name & address on parcels

Mandy's Email address, at the end of the day its a sale! Who cares:daydreaming:

I also go into shops & will buy en femme clothes & ask any assistant for any help:drink:

AmandaM
05-22-2010, 12:12 PM
My wife gets magazines from gun magazines, etc. I get them from Victoria's Secret. It's a common thing when spouse's order for each other.

Imogen_Mann
05-22-2010, 12:53 PM
It depends on the item, stuff I need to sign for, and may wish to peruse at law if it turns up broken, or is NFG, I tend to use my usual male name (the one on the credit card that paid for the goods). For smaller items, usually from eBay then Imogen is the name. I'm another lucky one with an understanding girlfriend.

Understanding girlfriends are beyond measure, they really are.

StarrOfDelite
05-22-2010, 12:58 PM
That reminds me. One time several years ago I ordered a "toy" online. It came in a brown unmarked packet, which also happened to be ripped along the largest seam, displaying said toy to the postman when he rang the bell to deliver it. :doh:

Yes, there is a definite risk in ordering the occasional jelly or crystal glass toy in the mail, even when the batteries are not included. Whatever did you say to the postman? I am pretty blase, but I think I would have been a bit flummoxed by that set of circumstances.

I'm presuming he rang the doorbell to deliver because of he condition of the package and not from curiosity. Am I giving him too much credit?

Yvonne York
05-22-2010, 12:59 PM
It depends on the item, stuff I need to sign for, and may wish to peruse at law if it turns up broken, or is NFG, I tend to use my usual male name (the one on the credit card that paid for the goods). For smaller items, usually from eBay then Imogen is the name. I'm another lucky one with an understanding girlfriend.

Understanding girlfriends are beyond measure, they really are.

Agree totally with the last sentiment. But I always use my own name. Our post people must know - we all know what a bra feels like in a package!

Andrea's Lynne
05-22-2010, 03:16 PM
I use my own name, and my lovely bride is aware of my "hobby." She doesn't mind a bit, because I always get her a treat when I buy myself something.

She does giggle at all the women's catalogs that come to our house in my name:o

Fab Karen
05-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Oh then you're aware that UPS has a special banner in pink letters 4 feet tall that says CROSSDRESSER DELIVERY that they unfurl everytime they make such a delivery. And the companys that sell such things put them in boxes with big lettering on them that say: SISSY CROSSDRESSER. So one can imagine how difficult it would be to have them delivered.
But of course that stuff doesn't happen, seems they like repeat business. :)

Veronica Lacey
05-22-2010, 09:29 PM
It has been rather easy to just use my real name, my credit card and choose companies that make delivery simple whether from Canada or the USA.

If there are any questions or something that appears obvious that the product is female clothing then I say it's for the wife and I just pick it up for her...but only if somebody asks and is polite. If a friend were ever to catch wind (how I have no idea) the same would apply. My wife knows of my dressing so that is not a worry.

A recent pleasant surprise was also when I purchased a large ball gown online from the USA. Thought there would be customs issues, that the dress would come in a huge box (read: crate in my mind) and so forth. Not a problem. The gown came packaged in a box smaller than one cubic foot and was listed as a gift so no customs questions. Even if there was duty due it would not be a problem. Just pay and they are happy. I now feel confident enough to try ordering from Europe and see how that goes.

Lover girl
05-22-2010, 09:51 PM
I do order a great amount of things online, But my situation is simple! My first name is listed as male or female name ( Most common as female ). I live alone and own my own house. Under shipping instructions I tell them to leave the package at the back door of the house. I choose the slower shipping speed so it don't require someone to sign for the package. when a package does show up requiring someone to sign for it, my retired neighbor accross the street will sign for it and brings it to me when I return from work.The only thing that has poped up was when I ordered some wigs from Wow wigs, the name of the shipper was Wow and the neighbor handed me the package and said " your rubber woman is here " I just laughed it off and said " I don't think that's what it is ". Like others have said already, shippers like the breast forms store and other interesting names use things like fulfilment center or other names that don't referance the name of the company. It works quite well for me!!!

Renee Rogers
05-23-2010, 12:24 AM
I use my real name and a P. O. Box. I get mail almost everyday so it is not a big deal if I get a package once in a while.

KarenSusan
05-23-2010, 12:25 AM
I use my real name. One time I got a call from Newport-News asking for the lady of the house. I said I am she. Long pause. We had a nice chat.

Melinda G
05-23-2010, 07:13 PM
I am single and live alone. I use my real name and credit card when I order online. Nobody knows. Nobody cares. Many wives and girlfriends use their husbands or boyfriends credit cards and name when ordering online.

Funny thing. I also got a call from Newport News about some stuff I ordered. Some really sexy black patent high heeled pumps, I think. I just said, "She's not here right now". They never called back, and sent the shoes:D

Raine
05-24-2010, 03:51 AM
I remember at my old place I'd never be home when my clothes were delivered and had to go to the post office to pick them up.

I always use my real name because here you need primary ID to be able to pick packages up at the post office and because using a fake name is fraud.

Can't take many precautions here. I buy from foreign countries and have a big customs slip, with a description of the contents, slapped on every package.