PDA

View Full Version : Coming Out to Work Collegues

tricia_uktv
05-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Now, some people don't know and some do. I choose who I come out to and ensure they are very open minded and can keep a secret. There are people in my workplace who would totally flip if they knew. By the way my boss and the HR department do know.

But how do you girls come out?

I do a quiz, "can you guess my secret?" Some do and some don't. I come out with a bit of narritive and a number of songs which should, when added together, give the game away. The people who don't pick it up (mostly guys) are absolutely astonished when I reveal. I keep all the people who know in the email trail so they can enjoy the guessing.

So I suppose there's two questions here. The first is how do you come out as above. The second is can you guess the songs I come out to? They are all from different musicals or films but they do tell a story.

Have fun; I do :)

missdanie
05-19-2010, 03:53 PM
Is one "I Enjoy Being a Girl" from Flower Drum Song? ;)

-D

tricia_uktv
05-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Is one "I Enjoy Being a Girl" from Flower Drum Song? ;)

-D

It could have been, but thats too obvious (but its on my blog of course).

I'll help a bit because I'm being a little unfair. The first song is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" because I thought I'd never get to where I am now. The others are girly songs but reflect how I got to the other side (I think I have). West Side Story features greatly but not "I feel pretty" or "Maria".

Have fun :)

missdanie
05-19-2010, 05:52 PM
West Side Story. How about "Somewhere?"

There's a place for us...

-D

t-girlxsophie
05-19-2010, 06:17 PM
priscilla,queen of the desert is now a musical,CeCe Penniston's "finally" Would be a good one

janelle
05-19-2010, 07:28 PM
How about, "Honey I'm home & I had a hard day".

You know a run in your hose, late for work, your boss getting smart, even the big PMS, OH & don't forget you forgot your purse.

Would be a good one I would think

tricia_uktv
05-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Somewhere is absolutely there and West Side Story does feature prominently. But think about how you can live at the other side of the rainbow. What do you need to do? :)