PDA

View Full Version : I have a question

lingerieluver
05-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Is it true that you'll stopped being treated for hormones after 2 years of being on them if you don't have surgery?

Faith_G
05-19-2010, 09:37 PM
No.

Mariah
05-19-2010, 09:42 PM
nope ^^

Mariah

lizlizzie
05-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Not true. Also, which some people don't seem to realize, there are many transexuals who cannot have surgery ever for health reasons, but they still present as females and live their lives as females, and continue to take hormones.

crystalann
05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
:facepalm: NO not true!

Jennifer Marie P.
05-20-2010, 07:26 AM
No its not true.

Melissa A.
05-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Oh lordy, 5 months left! Must do more boobie-lifts, before it's too late!

...we must, we must, we must improve our bust.....

Hugs,

melissa:)

noeleena
05-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Hi.

Only if you have to come off for health reasons other wise thats a no.

or you stop taking them , if after youv started & had s r s ,
If you have to stop you would run in to health probs after a while , for some mentally, some wont . body wise youll lose some breast growth & your bones will become brittle & other details would happen & that too will or would depend on the person,

I would ?? the person concerned who said that. as to me they have no idear about what they are talking about.
What does concern me is what would we do if & its a big IF what would we do if the company s stoped making the meds or they price them off the market. yea i know the black market . an other ? an other day.

...noeleena...

Stephenie S
05-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Noleena,

No chance the "company" would take thrm off the market. Estrodiol is what birth control pills are, and spiro is a common blood pressure med. Finasteride is used for BPH, and pregesterone is a common form of female hormone.

NONE of these will be taken off the market any time soon and NONE of them will be priced out of reach.

Stephie

Kaitlyn Michele
05-20-2010, 12:14 PM
LL

who told you that?

Frances
05-20-2010, 01:54 PM
No, but the levels required for feminization are quite high and potentially dangerous (blood clots). It is recommended to shut down the T factory after a few years on hormones with SRS or an orchie, if possible, in order to lower the hormonal intake. But I know girls who have been taking hormones for many years without an incident.

lingerieluver
05-21-2010, 02:17 PM
kaitlyn michele, who told that is a post op male to female transsexual i talked to that my therapist know

carolinoakland
05-21-2010, 02:25 PM
No, what the recomendation is... After about five years the risk's of long term use of the anti androgene Sprionolactin becomes significant. And the recomendation is that you go off the spiro and get an Orchy ( no, i"m not spell checking so I can write the whole word!) to relieve ( no pun inteded ) the need to TAKE the spiro. Also, the impact, ie; of the spiro is a reduction in the member size which can impact the results of SRS. And again the thing to keep foremost in your mind is that it's a RECOMENDATION. Be proactive in your health care choices and decisions. Carol

lizlizzie
05-29-2010, 08:24 AM
Spriro has been used long term for acne and for certain heart conditions for years.