PDA

View Full Version : family stuff

kimdl93
05-20-2010, 08:37 AM
I just found out that one of our daughters is moving back with us for a while after coping with a crappy room mate. It will give her a chance to get her personal finances back in shape and decide if she wants to find another roommie or go it alone next time.

Anyway, I've been enjoying life en femme pretty much 24/7, but while my wife is very supportive, I'm not out to the kids and don't intend to be. So we're in for a period of adjustment.

My wife's only comment - other than wanting to help her daughter - was that it will be crappy for us. She said she really prefers when I can dress openly at home. I didn't really "need" the affirmation, but it was nice to hear, nonetheless.

Anyone have similar experiences that interupted your dressing?

Sweeterica
05-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Hi similar,my wife accepts and helps me with my dressing sometimes,i could often go femme during day but sadly that cant happen now as her son moved back with us,so i can only dress easily when he is out at work,it takes time to adjust but i still enjoy all the moments i get however short, i never go without my undies or stockings though.

kimdl93
05-20-2010, 09:07 AM
Hi Erica - family first, right? Anyway, I expect ours will be a temporary situation. Hopefully, so will yours.

Sweeterica
05-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Hi Kimbl,oh dont know about that he been back with us for 3 years now, anyway i have adapted, well you have to, i would go mad if i couldnt dress up i just love it so much.It certainly helps having a supportive wife,seems we are the lucky ones,saddens me when you hear how our friends here break up, so sad. Take care hope things work out for you, x

KandisTX
05-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Kimbl,

That's okay, we Texas Gals are tough, we can cope with a little inconvenience if necessary. Although, I am wondering what is keeping you from being out to your children.

Kandis:love::rose2:

kimdl93
05-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Hi Kandis - I guess the "boundaries" we have informally agreed upon are that the kids don't get invovled. It might change one day, but for now, that's what my wife and I are comfortable with.

Erica - three years is a while. I'm hoping we don't have to accomodate our daughter for quite that long, but you never know these days! also, I agree its really sad to read about all the hardships some of our sisters go through, especially difficulties in finding or maintaining long term relationships.

ellenwannabe
05-20-2010, 09:37 AM
Yeah, my wife does not encourage my dressing at all but does at least tolerate my daily wearing of female clothes that don't look too girly and she knows that I have very few male items and almost never wear them - I know what I wear is female attire and that works for me but I'd love to dress more in skirts and heels at home but she just won't allow it - I've never officially come out to my kids (all grown up and away) but one daughter in particular has often mentioned that my short shorts that I wear all summer are girls and it just gets left at that - good luck - you might try some female shorts or jeans that aren't too girly when she's at home and see how she reacts - you might be surprised - Ellen

kimdl93
05-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Ellen, I do wear some women's tops and shorts at home, nothing that is very conspicuously feminine. Actually, my daughter did give me a somewhat tongu-in cheek compliment on the rose colored tank top I was wearing one evening - that got a chuckle out of my wife ;)

Charlena
05-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Hi Kim, I did the same with both daughter and son. You are right "family first" I do plan on telling the kids within a year, but still I don't think I would feel comfortable lounging around in front of them. It's good when you can help out and real nice after a few years they start to reciprocate. Time passses by quick and I hope everybody gets along and wish you all the best. Oh by chance do you live anywhere near Nacogdoches? Charlena

DonnaT
05-21-2010, 10:59 AM
My wife was against telling our son, who lives at home, but things came to a head one day and I told him. He said he already knew and didn't have a problem with it.

Sure makes daily life a lot easier on all. And if he eventually moved out, but returned for an unexpected visit, I wouldn't have to run and hide.

If you can cope with your current plans, cool! But if you find a more urgent need to dress even with your daughter at home, then consider telling her.

In the meantime, If you wear tops/shorts designed for women in color and or style, your daughter will notice, even if they aren't that noticeable to others. So listen to her for clues that she's cool with it.

Tomara
05-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Hi Kim
I think I would have to agree , if your daughter is an adult she could probably handle the news that you like to dress in feminine clothes , younger people are pretty open minded and accepting these days. Talk it over with your wife maybe now would be a good time to share this part of who you are with your daughter.
Good luck with whatever you choose.
Tomara

Leanne2
05-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Eighteen months ago my 24 year old son moved back home. It took a few months but then he got a full time job. So now I know what hours he'll be gone at work. Then in January my 80 year old mother in law had to come live with us because she was so sick with cancer. I'm glad that we came take care of her but now I have almost zero private time. One good thing is she can't see very well. I gradually started wearing more makeup and she has never said a thing. I wear shorts a lot and I keep my legs shaved. My hair is a woman's style and I often wear a bra. No comments ever. I must add that at sixty years old I have B cup man boobs so I present whether I wear a bra or not. Her late husband had man boobs too. A skirt would be nice but I'm pretty sure she would notice that. Leanne

kimdl93
05-21-2010, 03:06 PM
I appreciate all the great feedback. Figured this was a fairly common situation. Heck I found myself living with my own mother some years back. I went home to lick my wounds after a very messy divorce. Parents always keep the door open for their kids.

I should be clear that this is my step daughter...and as a "step" parent, I'm always a bit more careful about my behavior. Its hard enough for girls to get used to having a new man around the house....I hesitate to make it any more challenging for them.

Anyway, we'll take it a step at a time. right now, my wife would prefer to keep this aspect to ourselves...but is ok with me wearing fairly andro outfits...so my (step) daughter is probably somewhat aware that my taste in attire. and she is pretty open minded, so we'll see.