PDA

View Full Version : Is It Just Me Crying?

Mirragea
08-20-2005, 01:46 AM
Ok,for some reason I've been cryin while watching movies.It's not like full on waterfalls but when I see a moving scene......:cry:

EXAMPLE:Should I be feelin like this for"The Lord of the Rings"or is there something wrong with me?Or maybe the fem is taking over?Is it a phase?Have any of you experienced this unfamiliar emotional display?

Julie
08-20-2005, 04:46 AM
There was something similar to this posted in the last week or so Mirragea, don't worry you're amongst many here who choke up whilst watching movies. I don't think it matters what the movie is, if the scene portrays something in a given manner that feeling arises and the eyes moisten.

As for the femme taking over in you, who knows, let's hope so. :)
Julie

Shaylynn
08-20-2005, 05:07 AM
It depends on the movie of course but there times I get all watery.I do feel more girly when i cry, just wish I had been wearing mascara at the time.

jessbcuzz
08-20-2005, 05:21 AM
I have noticed that chick flicks can get to me. Jerry McGuire, Sweet Home Alabama, and Uptown Girls are three that come to the top of my head that had made me want to cry. There's also non chick flicks that get me choked up inside as well.

Melissa Ryan
08-20-2005, 05:47 AM
Well I suppose that I am the only one who cries at sad posts here then! If it takes a whole movie to make you all cry! :cry:

Its not so bad, I like the fact that I have emotions :)

.......Melissa...........

jessbcuzz
08-20-2005, 06:56 AM
Ok, I will confess, I did cry last night. I had to get rid of my puppy. I had had her for about a year and a half, but she could not be house broken. It's lonely without her and I miss her. Ok, here comes a tear!

Julie York
08-20-2005, 07:15 AM
If this is not a new thing, then it is just part of your character.

But if you have suddenly found that your emotions are all over the place and you keep crying unexpectedly, then it is a sign of serious stress. If that's the case, you should see your doctor. (Seriously!)

jo_ann
08-20-2005, 08:04 AM
for some reason I always cry when dogs are lost or die.. the "santa's helper is lot" episode of simpsons almost always gets me, and recently I heard this song "glen phillips - drive by" that's about going to kill a dog.

Angela Burke
08-20-2005, 08:17 AM
Ok,for some reason I've been cryin while watching movies.It's not like full on waterfalls but when I see a moving scene......:cry:

EXAMPLE:Should I be feelin like this for"The Lord of the Rings"or is there something wrong with me?Or maybe the fem is taking over?Is it a phase?Have any of you experienced this unfamiliar emotional display?
Hey it's all to do with wonderful storytelling.
Storytelling encompasses all human emotions.
Crying is as natural as laughing.

Love Angela XX

cosmolovesph
08-20-2005, 08:55 AM
i have found as i have gotten older, that i tend to me a but more emotional (friggin' TV shows occasionally, Movies, certain types of news, damn animal planet channel doesn't help either)

I cried at my wedding too, and almost do or get welled up for others.

EH... it's just part of me i guess, just like many others out there.

Angela Burke
08-20-2005, 09:16 AM
The words of John Cooper Clarke.
"I always cry at funerals espescially me own"

Love Angela XX

joni-alice
08-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Have always cried at movies, probably more than in reality where I had to be toughie-fixer-upper. Ex used to kid me about it all of the time, tho she never minded it. Strange fish she was and is -- would sidestep CD issue, but would always be getting me towear things that I avoided at that time because I didn't want any hint of feminity associated wwith me....little did i know about aroma (see shower).

Olivia
08-20-2005, 12:10 PM
Mirragea, I know what you mean. It seems like the further I get into being Olivia, the more emotional I become. Sometimes, it seems like I cry at the drop of a hat. I never did before. Julie York, I suspect you're right too! Serious stress can do weird things to you. Olivia

StephanieCD
08-20-2005, 12:12 PM
All the time. Just a little - I'll well up with tears for a sec and then get a hold of myself. Even a commercial can do it if it's touching.

Robertacd
08-20-2005, 06:45 PM
i have found as i have gotten older, that i tend to me a but more emotional

I am with you. I believe when we are young we don't cry at movies and such because we have never felt that bad in our lives. As we get older and actually experience heartbreak and loss in our own lives we know how that character feels.

NatalieBliss
08-20-2005, 07:01 PM
I am in the military and a CD so...

"We Were Soldiers"
"Black Hawk Down"
etc...

Alot of very personal posts I have read here and at personal/blog sites.

PLEASE DO NOT thank me for being in the military. I do appreciate those comments more than anyone knows, however it is unnecesary and I don't want to hi-jack/cause this thread to go off topic!

Christina
08-20-2005, 11:48 PM
I think andy said it best. Good storytelling will bring out the emotion(s) the teller desires.