PDA

View Full Version : Man at the door, 8am!!

Kaitlyn Michele
05-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Another first....

i'm in bed...BANG BANG BANG>...>RING RING....its 745am!!! ugh

its a man that came 3 hours early to fix my back door!!!!!

i don't step foot out of my house without makeup (thats just me!!)...but i had to go down in a tshirt and sweats...i have never done this before...last time i had an appraiser come at 730am, i woke up at 530 to get ready!!!

he was here for an hour, blabbed constantly, fixed the door and left....

this is when its not so wonderful to be a woman...i felt like a total schlub...

pamela_a
05-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Why do you think he showed up early? He was hoping to catch you in a sheer babydoll or something like that girl.:heehee:

JenniferB
05-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Why do you think he showed up early? He was hoping to catch you in a sheer babydoll or something like that girl.:heehee:
in his dreams... :heehee:

Traci Elizabeth
05-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Pamela...where is your mind? :heehee:

Kaitlyn: That is actually wonderful. Funny you bring this up because about an hour the postman just rang my door bell for a package I had to sign for and I was all fem when I answered to door & no make-up & my hair was a mess. That was a first for me too (no make-up & hair not done).

boardpuppy
05-21-2010, 11:29 AM
I have done the no makeup thing before but the hair has to be combed,

Hugs,
Alice

SamanthaStMichaels
05-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Ugh this thread is cursed! I started reading it and the mail person came to the door!

If I'm not expecting someone or I am not decent. I don't answer the door. :D

GypsyKaren
05-21-2010, 01:29 PM
My life revolves around being a schlub, nothing wrong there!

GK

pamela_a
05-21-2010, 01:32 PM
My life revolves around being a schlub, nothing wrong there!

GK

As long as your not being a schlemiel? :devil:

Karen564
05-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Well Kaitlyn,
All I can say is Awwwwww....:sad:
I feel so bad you felt like a schlub... because I know how that feels & it hurts in a strange sorta way..but trust me, your far from a schlub...:hugs:

I sure don't like those little surprises at the door either when I'm not as presentable as I would like....although my ex cares less how she looks which always amazed me, she says who cares?...but it's just not in me to be like that, and I say, well, I care :battingeyelashes:......& sounds like you feel the same way...
When I stepped out the door today to do my shopping, I saw a notice taped to my door from the Census interviewer, she must have knocked but never heard a thing....so I must have been sleeping.....lol

So what is it with all theses Census people going door to door anyway?......I sent mine back like 4 weeks ago....:straightface:

I just bought a bottle of wine after I did my shopping, so after it chills, I'll pour a glass for ya...:drink::hugs:

SamanthaStMichaels
05-21-2010, 06:17 PM
The census person showed up halfway through 2 days ago.
I hollered through the door that this was a bad time and thought we had sent it.

The next day BANG BANG BANG the same thing, same freaking timing, different person. This time, the TV was blarring, my footsteps were obvious running to the door to see who it was, but I didn't bother replying.

Jeeeeze... what do they have a 6th sense?

They must have worked in a restaurant prior to the census job. You know the ones, that always ask you how everything is, just after you put food in your mouth. :laughing:

olga
05-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Another first....

i'm in bed...BANG BANG BANG>...>RING RING....its 745am!!! ugh

its a man that came 3 hours early to fix my back door!!!!!

i don't step foot out of my house without makeup (thats just me!!)...but i had to go down in a tshirt and sweats...i have never done this before...last time i had an appraiser come at 730am, i woke up at 530 to get ready!!!

he was here for an hour, blabbed constantly, fixed the door and left....

this is when its not so wonderful to be a woman...i felt like a total schlub...

oh how funny — in my life, it’s just the other way around. Just the other day the building manager was banging on the door while I was fully dressed, me frozen in horror. I can’t wait for this to turn upside down… maybe, one day.

olga

Kaitlyn Michele
05-22-2010, 07:19 AM
:heehee:

i mailed the census in...but i didn't answer when the census came to my door...

Jorja
05-22-2010, 07:35 AM
Men beating on my door!!!! How wonderful!!!!

I do feel for you Kaitlyn Michele I hate to go to the door with out some kind of make up and hair at least brushed.
I too had the census worker knocking on my door. I sent Brutus and Max, two Dobermen Pinchers, out the side door. Last time I saw the census guy he was runing down the driveway.

Life is Good!

noeleena
05-22-2010, 07:41 AM
HI.

Oh . just had to laugh. you poor dear .

we have friends around the road .& he ll come in & yes he knows i dont get up at his time because im on here till late well early bed time about 2 in the morn . any way hes in at 10 a m & calls are you up . yeap hang on ill get dressed ,

Dressed no make up i dont any way . & no hair to worry about then ill go see what hes up to then when hes off home ill have a wash, still have to yes shave well thats okay. no probs. breakfast & do what ever .

For me im seen as i am. as people know my back ground ,
so wether i have lippy on or not they dont care .
Different for all of us how we do things ,

...noeleena...

Melissa A.
05-26-2010, 10:43 AM
I hear ya, Kaitlyn, I normally don't go anywhere without primping, first, but....

I have electrolysis every Friday morning before I go to work. Now, I am serial shaver...I hate having to, but having ANY hair on my puss at anytime, well it just makes me crazy. Unlike laser, for electrolysis to work, you must have hair showing. So, every week, I do not shave my face on Thursday...That's bad enough, but sorta managable. I still put on makeup, although by late Thursday night/Friday AM, coming home from work, ugh.(I don't drive, so no hiding in my car, all public transportation) Then there's Friday morning....getting on the subway dressed typically womanish(I own no male clothing), boobies totally obvious, with almost two days growth. No makeup, it would be senseless. YUCK! As soon as the electro session is over, I'm in their restroom for 20 minutes, shaving and making myself over. Then....Ahhhhh, all better.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

CharleneT
05-26-2010, 11:14 AM
I hear ya, Kaitlyn, I normally don't go anywhere without primping, first, but....

I have electrolysis every Friday morning before I go to work. Now, I am serial shaver...I hate having to, but having ANY hair on my puss at anytime, well it just makes me crazy. Unlike laser, for electrolysis to work, you must have hair showing. So, every week, I do not shave my face on Thursday...That's bad enough, but sorta managable. I still put on makeup, although by late Thursday night/Friday AM, coming home from work, ugh.(I don't drive, so no hiding in my car, all public transportation) Then there's Friday morning....getting on the subway dressed typically womanish(I own no male clothing), boobies totally obvious, with almost two days growth. No makeup, it would be senseless. YUCK! As soon as the electro session is over, I'm in their restroom for 20 minutes, shaving and making myself over. Then....Ahhhhh, all better.

Hugs,

That's why I go to Electrotorture on Monday mornings .... sure the weekend has to be "fuzzy time", but at least I do not generally have to meet with clients. Although ... several have told me they don't really notice it under the makeup ( 3 lbs of the stuff when fuzzy...LOL). I can still do shopping Sat morn without looking to crazy. Sunday, I hide out :eek:

This is one of the reasons I hammer on "clear your face before full time" so much in the various threads. Still clearing is just no fun at all when living as a woman !!

Melissa A.
05-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Nope. I work and sleep all week. My weekends are way too much fun to be a hairypuss!

Hugs,