PDA

View Full Version : Do You Regret Your Masculine Tattoos While Dressing?

Traci Elizabeth
05-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Although I have no tattoos I have noticed a lot of girls do.

So I was wondering if you honestly regret having "masculine" looking tattoos (one's that typically only males have..whatever that is) which are seen when you dress en femme?

Do you dress around them to hide them?

Do you want to have them removed?

Or could you care less?

kymmieLorain
05-21-2010, 11:12 AM
While I have a number of tattoos most of mine would be considered neutral while some are tattoos of the female form. they can be passed off as a representation of my female self. Only one that I would change would be my back piece. not for the over all design. but for something a little different.

Kymmie

Deborah Jane
05-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I've got four masculine tattoos, two on each lower forearm. I sometimes regret getting them and have considered getting all but one of them removed. [One has very special significance to my past].
I always keep my arms covered when I dress, though I must admit I find it uncomfortable sometimes and it does limit my clothing choices.

eluuzion
05-21-2010, 11:37 AM
I do not have any tattoos, but I do know a guy that lived on an island with the name "Tattoo", lol.

There are methods of completely concealing them. Here is one option...

http://stageandtheatermakeup.com/tattoolist.htm

jasmine57
05-21-2010, 11:41 AM
I have a cross on my shoulder and normally have to cover it with makeup. I do regret having gotten it because I love wearing sleevelesss tops and dresses.

Phyliss
05-21-2010, 02:05 PM
When I got my tatoo put on the upper part of my arm ( in 1963 ... yeah ink had been invented by then ) I had thought that it'd be high enough to hide when wearing a short sleeve shirt. Little did I know I'd be looking at sleeveless blouses, shells, and topless dresses.
I made a promise to myself then that I'd NEVER be sorry for getting it or regret it, and I haven't.
Mostly I "dress" around it with at least something like a short sleeve blouse or light sweater. The few shells I have I can pair with a light shirt and that works.
The tatoo? ... A full face picture of a bulldog with a sailor cap. Salty Seadog.

carolinoakland
05-21-2010, 02:28 PM
they are more than art, so no. They are runes...

Marcie4you
05-22-2010, 02:01 AM
Since I have none, (Mom made me promise never to get one as a kid...) No.

charlen
05-22-2010, 05:58 AM
I have tatoos on both upper arms. Allways wear long sleves. Wish i didnt have them so i could wear nice slveless dresses.:sad:

Kelli Lovelace
05-22-2010, 07:44 AM
No I don't regret them (both upper arms are covered) but I do dress around them.

Kathleen Grace
05-22-2010, 08:10 AM
I have a unicorn on my left breast which I'm tempted to put flowers around to girl it up a bit. Yes, I regret getting it in the long run.

DonniDarkness
05-22-2010, 09:33 AM
they are more than art, so no. They are runes..

I feel this way too, body art has deep roots into tribal passage and primitive spirituality. I would not regret my tattoos for the simple fact that it would make me feel as tho a regretted a path in my life.

And as far as tattoos being a masculine thing only. Todays culture has more ladies getting tattoos than guys. Almost every girl i know has one (and honestly cant think of a girl i know who doesnt have one) But i do have some guy friends who have no tattoo's. but that could just be the area i live in

Oh and if you want to add to your "masculine" tattoos remember you could always do some type of vineing, filigree, or some other type of accent to more or less encompass your man-too and make it a femme-too

Oh and if you need ideas Google: Suicide Girls
Lots of very sexy Models with heavy tatoos

StarrOfDelite
05-22-2010, 01:20 PM
An Eagle, Globe and Anchor in the middle of my shoulder blades, and I will never regret it for an instant. Semper Fi!

Stephenie
06-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Have three only thing I would do different is have them more colorful.

Megan Thomas
06-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Although I have a live and let live attitude, I can't stand them. I haven't got any, nor will I ever have any, and I just don't understand those who do.

They (the tatoo's) are vile things. I've yet to see one I actually like, and these days it seems you can't avoid them anywhere you go. lol

I'm not out to offend anyone with my view, so don't take my comments too personally. i just needed to express the fact there are some of us who really really don't like them :thumbsdn:

Nicole Erin
06-02-2010, 01:01 PM
I do not have any ink right now, I may get a rose on the lower outer calf. Maybe.

When I was like 19, there were some ones I wanted and I am really glad I never got around to doing it. I was in the Army at the time so thought of getting a camo U.S.A. on my arm with two M-16's under that logo. Thank goodness I never made THAT stupid mistake.

A well-placed good tattoo that is not too cliche is not too bad.
I have seen a very few that I like on others.
As long as it is not a tramp stamp, or stupid barb wire around the bicep, or other "bad girl/tough guy" crap then not so bad

ellieparsons
06-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Maybe the one on my arm, but not the one I have on my Leg, its a Navy tattoo that I did for my Grandfather with his dog tags & the Navy Symbol & submarine logo, I'll display that tattoo proudly for the rest of my life.

JulieK1980
06-02-2010, 03:25 PM
I don't regret the tattoo, but I do regret the location. I'd love to wear something sleeveless....

Joanne f
06-02-2010, 03:28 PM
Almost regretted them :heehee: as i was talking to two Arabic men and one noticed my markings and pointed to them and said " this is Israeli " markings, so i quickly pointed out that they are not :eek:

SuzanneAZ
07-25-2010, 10:58 PM
My arms are loaded with tattoos, and sure, it doesn't look very feminine. I do feel more comfortable with long sleeves, but since I hardly ever go out in public en femme, it's not really that much of an issue. I certainly don't regret getting any of them.

bianncats
07-25-2010, 11:28 PM
i am very hairy...waxed once and wife likes my hair so i think thats when she started to think i was gay, but just wanted to be more feminine...so that limits what i wear.

Brina

Angiemead12
07-26-2010, 01:21 AM
I have a few tattoos I only regret my chest symbol because it stretches when I try to create the cleavage illusion. But when it's just padding then no problem.

Sarah Doepner
07-26-2010, 12:39 PM
It might be proof that I'm never going to transitition because I'm too much of a guy. Not that I have masculine tatoos, but I was never able to make the committment to get one. I'd want to change them like I do outfits and I can't, so I probably won't.

KristinSkye
07-26-2010, 05:11 PM
I have 5, none of which are feminine at all. The only feminine thing they have going for them is lots of color which helps with the illusion I guess...I don't regret a single one though.

Funny though, I agree with Sarah in that the tattoos I do have would definitely play a part in the decision to transition. Kind of a reminder to myself that even though I have a strong feminine side my masculine side is still the dominant one if that makes any sense :P

Annie D
07-26-2010, 05:28 PM
I cover all of them when I am dressed as a male because all my tattoos are as feminine as my artist can make them. I confess that I have beautifull butterflies on my lower back and just last Thursday I got a large flower and hummingbird on my upper back just above my shoulder blade. I took 5 hours from start to finish and one of the biggest rushes that I could possibly experience was that I was dressed as Annie for the entire experience. I can't even estimate the number of people who saw me and admired my new tattoo because Thursday is $10 piercing day and there were more than 50-60 people who came in to take advantage of savings. NOT ONE WORD WAS SAID ABOUT THE GUY DRESSED AS A GIRL AND NOT ONE SNICKER. Was I made....yes but I got alot of smiles and waves because I was openly being tattooed right by the entrance. You know what???? I go in for another for the other shoulder this coming Thursday. I can't wait for them to be totally healed so I can wear sundresses and spaghetti strap tops.

Dee Baker
07-26-2010, 06:32 PM
I do regret the tattoos. Now I’m paying big money to have them removed, glad I never got more than 2.

KristinSkye
07-26-2010, 06:46 PM
I can't even estimate the number of people who saw me and admired my new tattoo because Thursday is $10 piercing day and there were more than 50-60 people who came in to take advantage of savings. NOT ONE WORD WAS SAID ABOUT THE GUY DRESSED AS A GIRL AND NOT ONE SNICKER.

That is really cool Annie. I never really equate a tattoo shop with open minded people, but I guess it just depends on the area.

Aleria
07-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Annie,
That's wonderful...

carli_tv
07-26-2010, 09:57 PM
i dont rgret my tattoos i dress as carli a lot and go out too and no one says anything about my tattoos, most of them are masculine but i have feminine ones too

Diane Smith
07-28-2010, 01:34 AM
I'm with Annie D -- I've been getting tattooed for about a dozen years now, and I knew from the beginning that I wanted them to be an expression of my feminine side, so every one I have is as pretty and girly as I could make it. I don't show them at all in male mode, but try to dress to display them when en femme. I have both legs mostly covered and a huge backpiece which is basically a large pair of colorful butterfly wings. There are a couple of low-res photos of my work at:

http://www.transformationsbyrori.com/calendar%2005.09.htm

The shop I go to is exceedingly cool about the whole thing and I adore the people there -- perhaps the fact that the owner and head artist is female makes a difference. (And her daughter works there too, as a junior artist.) There is a bit of "biker" vibe about the place, to be sure (a culture I'm not into at all), but sometimes I think we under-estimate the tolerance of some other groups on the fringes of society, and when it comes down to it, we all need to stick up for one another. Anyway, they like working on me and I feel at home there.

- Diane

jenifer m.
07-28-2010, 07:15 AM
yeah i got one very small one on my left fore arm id like to see gone.the others i can hide under clothes.

TG_Nicole
07-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Well i kinda do. It's funny a good friend of mine did my big one on my arm. An illustration he drew of me and had to ink me with. It turned out great and is a constant reminder of growing up in the punk scene. What I've thought of doing though is seeing if there is anyway to turn it into a woman LOL.

Jilmac
07-28-2010, 08:34 AM
I have seen many GGs with some very feminine looking tats, but I've also seen girls with tats that could be considered generic. I have a small tat on my left forearm which shows the head and shoulders of a woman with a banner below the shoulders which used to contain a name (which has long since been covered over). I have been told that my tat could be considered generic but I've never seen one like it on a girl. It would be too costly to have it removed so I just cover it with makeup. Do I regret getting it? Yes, but as long as I'm able to hide it either with long sleeves or makeup, I'm ok with it.

daviolin
07-28-2010, 09:32 AM
If I could do it over again. I would not have gotten them. But such is life. We all make mistakes. Now that women wear tatoo's regulary. I've grown used to the fact. I have gotten more confadent in myself when I go out. that it dosen't bother me anymore. I used to always wear long sleave blouses. Not anymore. Actually I'm starting to like them again.:tongueout