PDA

View Full Version : Lack of motion, loss of cartilage

Maija
05-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Went to the podiatrist today. Turns out I have arthritis in my feet, my big toe can bend 8 degrees out of a possible 60.

I guess this explains why it hurts to try on the really high heel sandals and such that I find so attractive.

Also I have bone on bone in the joint. No cure except joint replacement. So if it does not hurt too much, I have to live with it.

Nuts!

Megan70
05-21-2010, 11:25 PM
I was born with a deformed (right) club foot . Its 3 sizes smaller(size 8) in womens shoes on that side as it is on my left foot( size 11) I can only afford to buy shoes at Payless when they have their BOGO Sales, Buy One, get one half price. Its a shame because I pay for 1 1/2 prs. and have to throw one shoe of the opposite foot away.
I've had hammer toe surgery 4 times, 3 on my right club foot and one an the left.They return to a gnarled, arthritic deformed position 5-7 years after surgery. The small foot bones in my arch of my right club foot are welded together as one mass blob of bone, no cartilage, no movement, solid like a rock. I saw the xray once and its one giant arthritis piece the size of my fist.

Walking in high heels is impossible, my foot turns outward and I walk on my side. Oh, and to make matters worse my right leg is 1 1/4 inches shorter than the left, but it doesn't show a limp, I've learned to hide it.But it makes my belt/ waistline of a skirt tilt at a downward angle on the short leg sde.
My toes and feet are ugly appendences that are crooked, deformed and not I'm even able to look at.
I never go barefoot, wear sandals or flip flops, always covering them with stockings or socks I don't even bother painting toenails, its fruitless.
I wish I had 2 normal pretty feet like most of you girls here with perfectly straight toes.
But no:sad:

Loni
05-22-2010, 04:19 AM
i once had a Dr say my foot was deformed due to having a hammer toe...i told him he is a mutant if his foot did not look like mine.:eek:

i did not like the way he said my foot is bad. it is my foot been like that all my life works right, so no problem.

(overcome and adapt is the only way)

:2c:

Ms Jennifer
05-22-2010, 04:39 AM
:love:I have found some flats and cute sandals can be sexy too. And so much more comfortable for long term dressing . But a girl still loves the high heels too:daydreaming:

noeleena
05-22-2010, 04:59 AM
Hi

All i can say is . oh dear.
My grandmother had arthritis. & for many years & lived with us for about 7 years & was bed ridden because of that hands & feet.
So im well aware of what can happen . so sorry for yous.

...noeleena...

Barbara_MacKenzie
05-22-2010, 07:37 AM
I have a similar problem with my knee, cartilage long gone and and arthritis has set in due to a football injury (many moons ago).

Just means I cant wear seriously high heels, 2 inch heels I can get away with.