PDA

View Full Version : While You Are In The Shower

jessbcuzz
08-20-2005, 07:05 AM
When I take a shower, I use fem soap and shampoo. I wish I could do it all the time, but I can't go to work smelling fem, so I use it when I get home from work. I was just curious how many do it as well. If so, how often and what is your favorite soap and shampoo? Mine is Dove and anything with a "berry smell". Have a great day girls!

JoannaDees
08-20-2005, 07:08 AM
Don't give it a second thought. I don't believe these types of scents remain long or are noticable unless really, really close. I say keep using that which you like rather than the horrid "manly" fragrances.

Foxy Lady
08-20-2005, 07:20 AM
I use the fruity aromas all the time and no one has ever said anything. I also use fruity or vanilia musk fem cologne.

Mx Justina
08-20-2005, 08:03 AM
For me, now that I'm older and wiser...

What I use is plain, unscented Ivory...with cold water showers (water temp works OK especially in the summer weather).

I'm sparing with the perfume chemical weapon in public (especially in unisex dress), simply due to the possibility of being near someone who maybe allergic to perfumes...not to mention unleashed dogs, bees, wasps and summertime mosquitoes (suburbia is a lovely place--for somebody else).

J.

Tedi
08-20-2005, 08:39 AM
Just about every shampoo out there is more or less fem, I usually opt for a vanilla scented variety. As far a body soap, 99% of the time it's Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap. It's very refreshing, especially in the summer.

cosmolovesph
08-20-2005, 09:00 AM
Yes I do, much more after work or showering to get en femme.

JamieDP
08-20-2005, 09:15 AM
I have two sets of sents. I wash three times in more masculine sents before going to work. In the afternoon when I come home I repeat, but with the rack of feminine washes.

KatsMeow
08-20-2005, 09:32 AM
LOL My shower looks like a display at Bath & Body Works... Coconut Verbena gel is my favorite - seems to moisturize a little.

Danielle

Angela Burke
08-20-2005, 09:53 AM
The mob that I work with would first have to know the difference between shampoo and sweat!!!

Love Angela XX

joni-alice
08-20-2005, 10:18 AM
Gee, I never thought of anything as femme soap or shampoo. Always went by whether or not I liked the smell. Never realized had aroma too! :rolleyes:

kymmieLorain
08-20-2005, 10:52 AM
I typicaly use ivory for soap, alway have always will. but use scented shampoos. watermelon, green apple, strawberry, what ever the wife or I pick out at the time.

Kymmie

Brittney M
08-20-2005, 11:05 AM
I use Bath & Body Works Moonlit path all the time. I don't care for those manly sents.

Ashley in Virginia
08-20-2005, 11:10 AM
What? Do people get close enough to you at work to smell your soap?

I only use Dove, Pink dove at that. And whatever flavored V05 or Suave I can find on sale.

StephanieCD
08-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Just about every shampoo out there is more or less fem, I usually opt for a vanilla scented variety. As far a body soap, 99% of the time it's Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap. It's very refreshing, especially in the summer.

All one god soap! I love that stuff. Hitchhiked across a few states as a teen and my buddy and I brought that. You can brush your teeth, wash your hands, hair, laundry - everything! Of course, it tastes like BUTT. But I loved reading the bottle ;)

Can't find it anywhere anymore :(

Tedi
08-20-2005, 11:44 AM
All one god soap! I love that stuff. Hitchhiked across a few states as a teen and my buddy and I brought that. You can brush your teeth, wash your hands, hair, laundry - everything! Of course, it tastes like BUTT. But I loved reading the bottle ;)

Can't find it anywhere anymore :(
Drugstore.com has it
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=40925&catid=47515&trx=PLST-0-SRCH&trxp1=47515&trxp2=40925&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

I'm lucky enough to have found it in a natural food store near me. Get it by the gallon. Noticed that they have changed the formula some, they now use hemp oil in it.

Marla GG
08-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Gosh, I really wouldn't worry about smelling girly. Some of the men's products that are out these days don't have a masculine scent at all. And if we're talking about shampoos and body washes, the scent really doesn't linger that long after your shower. Angel uses my bath products all the time, and even wears perfume in guy mode, and no one has ever said anything. When he first started doing this, we had a plan.....if anyone at work ever asked what he was wearing, he was going to say "Oh, it's called Charisma for Men" (we made that up....it doesn't exist).

For those of you who love vanilla and similar scents, you have to try the Tutti Dolce products from Bath and Body works....their Angel Food Cake creme body wash is heavenly....a girlfriend gave me some of this for my birthday last year and I am hooked on it now. It also comes in various other dessert-inspired scents.

kathy gg
08-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Hi melina,

I am with everyone else on this one. Most of the scents are not strong enough to linger that long. And if anyone is that close to you and realizes it, well then chances are they are digging ya!

We used to use victoria secret body washes and I don't believe anyone every questioned my hubby. I stopped using vs becuase it does not lather as much as I like. We now use dove bodywash and oil of olay body wash, they really lather up. If the scent is girly, it still does not last too long.

kathy in canada

When I take a shower, I use fem soap and shampoo. I wish I could do it all the time, but I can't go to work smelling fem, so I use it when I get home from work. I was just curious how many do it as well. If so, how often and what is your favorite soap and shampoo? Mine is Dove and anything with a "berry smell". Have a great day girls!

Sigrid
08-20-2005, 12:32 PM
I've always stayed away from strongly scented soaps... yuck. And, I especially don't want to smell like the buffet either. I just recently switched from Ivory to Dove bar soap. Also, after reading of the evils of using soap on the face, I;ve been searching for a nice facial cleanser too.

Julie
08-20-2005, 12:32 PM
L'Oreal shampoo for color treated hair, Oil Of Olay body wash for dry skin on a loofa, Oil Of Olay in shower body lotion. Even though I have two scents of Secret deodorant I use Brut because I like the scent better.

This is my daily regimen - always - and I work construction, never heard a comment about smell, good, bad or curious.

Leilani68
08-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Tone Cocoa Butter, Bath Soap......
Suave Coconut, Strawberry, Citrus Smoothie Shampoos.....
Yes, no body realy notices or cares as long as you are clean in the hygene
department anyways...................... :D
Followed up with a body spray if it's a femme day (Weekend)..... :flirt:

triciaannmarie
08-20-2005, 01:25 PM
In these day and times with everything having some kind of scent anyway.
it really doesn't matter if you like the feminine sented soaps and body gell, because the smell doesn't last that long anyway. It might if you slept standing up in a 55 gallon
drum of scented gell all night. To hell with smell, use it

tricia

gender_blender
08-20-2005, 02:16 PM
I use rather gender-neutral soap and shampoo (Zest and Head & Shoulders respectively), but when it comes to conditioner, I wouldn't use anything other than what I always get and use every morning: Pantene Pro-V. It's worth every penny if you have long hair: it adds thickness, shine and prevents split ends rather well.

Charlie

Wendy me
08-20-2005, 06:32 PM
i would say use them ....do men realy sniff outher men???

steffie39
08-20-2005, 07:10 PM
Hi.
I use women's scented soap when showering and women's deodorant. I agree the scent doesn't last long. I find this is even true with perfume. After a few hours, the scent is not as strong.

Steffie

Krystal Lee
08-20-2005, 07:13 PM
I use a special shampoo and conditioner for my hair, that is supposed to help keep my from losing all my hair. So far seems to be working. Oil of Olay bath soap, Oil of Olay moisturising lotion for face, Dove roll on dedoderant. Never worry about the smells as in androginous mode use perfume and only had one comment and it was good.
Hugs Krystal

heatherCD8772
08-20-2005, 07:35 PM
I use them all the time. And if someone were to ask me why I smelled like that I would just tell them "What your wife doesnt love you enought to give YOU a bath!" LOL :p But I love to use Avon products, they have a line called Naturals or something like that and I love them!

Melissa A.
08-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Heck, I use female body spray sometimes and no one notices. And I use Secret on my underarms every day! I think anything short of perfume is fine.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Debbie Kong
08-20-2005, 11:18 PM
I use regular Dove on my body and the pink Dove on my face but only sparingly there. Sensitive face. Shave my head to #2 so not much shampoo is necessary.

Dovvie

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-20-2005, 11:57 PM
I'm a sucker for Aveda's Rosemary Mint shampoo and conditioner, which I guess would be described as gender neutral. The Origin's facial and body scrubs don't seem to have a strong smell to it. Aveda's shaving gel and after-shave are mannish but subtle.

I do use a women's floral underarm deodorant when I dress. Sort of gets me in the mood. Although, I'll skip it and use an unscented male deordorant if I'm going out since I usually like to wear some (subtle) perfume and don't want to worry about it conflicting.

Might be a little over-concerned, but I've got allegies so I know I can't always smell well when I'm congested.

Jennacd
08-21-2005, 08:16 AM
My favorite is the Oil of Olay body wash. As Kathygg said, it lathers nicely and it just smells so good.

I agree that the scent of these soaps does not seem to persist. I've never heard any comments on it and I work with a bunch of pratical jokers who do not hesitate to make fun of anything they can.

iseiai no okama
08-21-2005, 09:47 PM
i use Milky body soap (Japanese stuff), Taiyono Megumi Shampoo (Japanese stuff, a nice citrus scent) and Suave conditioner, with St. Ives facial scrub, and finish up with Shea and Cocoa lotion. None of it is particularly feminine, admittedly, other than the sheer volume of personal care products it is compared to what my other roommates use (generic shampoo and bar soap). Can't really use anything more feminine without letting the cat out of the bag ^_'.

They notice i shave my legs, and have all these products, but attribute it to being metro rather than anything else. roffle.

Sierra
08-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Oil of olay,dove or special soap,ladies deodorant w/powder then cream and perfume[Georgio gold or Passion] then too bad if someone is put back by it.It beats the hell out of B/O and maybe people notice you are very clean and smell nice :D .

Lauren415
08-22-2005, 12:26 AM
only fem bath stuff for me

michellej
08-22-2005, 09:07 AM
both my wife and I use and love any lavender sented soap. what a fragrence! Who gives a ratts patooty what anyone else thinks!

Katie Ashe
08-22-2005, 11:01 AM
I use Avon SSS Soft & Sensual products when I can, Love the smell. Strawberry Shampoo smeels real good to.

Deanna2
08-24-2005, 04:36 AM
Using femme soaps and shampoos makes a shower so much more fun. If you are worried about smelling sweet, you can always use a strong cologne - like Drakar Noire.

Ayla GG
08-24-2005, 07:10 AM
Ophelia uses my bath products which deffinitely smell girly but fresh. I dislike over powering floral or heavy fruity fragrance from Bath & Body Works/ Victoria's Secret. I lean towards more to The Body Shop or H20 bath products. Currently we're using Shiseido's creamy shower gel which smells clean & citrusy-Grapefruit. I alternate with SoftSoap Moisture Beads shower gel in Lavender.

I've noticed that my bath products smell clean & pleasant on Ophelia after she showers. There's a hint/ notes of the grapefruit which is refreshing but not overpoweringly girly. I have to get a really close body contact to really smell the fragrance :p

I won't worry about using girly smelling products...it's a known fact that alot more grooming/ beauty products out there are targeted for women & the choices are limited for men. Plenty of non CD guys I know uses women's shampoo & bath products ;)

Tristen Cox
08-24-2005, 07:13 AM
You know I think the most feminine you can get in the shower is to bring a real female in there with you...

huh? :eek: I logged in as Tris..dammit!

Chevonne
08-24-2005, 07:31 AM
I don't have any particular favorites, but Dove is the one I usually use the most. I love the Coconut Suave shampoo....it smells soooooo nice! I've been pretty lucky in the sense that I slowly started using my wife's stuff and then it just became habit - and so much easier for the both of us, considering I don't have to have tough-guy odor body wash and shampoo.

On a side note, the first thing I started borrowing from my wife YEARS ago was her deodorant. I actually likes Secret deodorant better than anything else I had ever tried before - regardless of whether it was male or fem. Needless to say that is all I have been using for years now.

The funny thing is when I was using Secret (but no other fem stuff) I used to have girls at work ask me all the time what I was wearing, b/c it smelled so good. Of course, I'd reply "Secret" and who knows who really understood!!! :)

geegee2
08-24-2005, 12:02 PM
I smell girly all the time and when Im asked why I just tell the truth, i use girly soaps and perfumes etc. the usual thing that is said is "oh,you do smell good" but there are times when I get,:what are you a girlyman?, then I reply
"it depends on what day it is and whattime of day" usually it gets a laugh and no more is said. But yes I do shower with girly soaps luv;kisses,hugs GEEGEE2

MsEva
08-24-2005, 12:28 PM
What? Do people get close enough to you at work to smell your soap?

I only use Dove, Pink dove at that. And whatever flavored V05 or Suave I can find on sale.

So agree, Dove Green Tea soap works for me and my SO. I use Head and Shoulders to really clean my hair, but when getting ready to dress I usually use some nice conditioner on my failry coarse hair to soften it for the wig placement..usually something really girly, not to hard to do with two other women in the house (SO ad DD) ;)

Stephenie
08-24-2005, 01:08 PM
I like melon scented soaps and shampoos. I have shared a bathroom with my wife and up to 5 daughters so at times I have tried alot of different things. When you can't see what your picking up you may smell a little strange at times. And hena does change your hair color.

carson
08-24-2005, 03:09 PM
:hiding: What I use or what I do in the shower is none of your darn business... :whistle: Now get out of my bathroom! :eek:

Rochelle 5
08-24-2005, 08:25 PM
I use caress body lotion while taking a shower and use my wife's lotion after I am done. It does have a slight fem fragrance but not too noticeable. I do love to go to the bank early in the morning to the merchant window as the teller always tells me how lovely I smell and she loves my nails. (Clear finish on them always)

PattiL
08-26-2005, 03:07 PM
Being the only male in the house, I tend to use the same body wash/shampoo/condiitoner that my wife does. Even the fancy aveda cleansers. I love the smell and it does make my skin softer.

JoAnnDallas
08-26-2005, 05:00 PM
I use lavendar seinted or coconut seinted bath gel. I also use one of those
sponge thingies to help scrub off the dead skin and makes my skin feel smooth.

ChristineRenee
08-26-2005, 05:40 PM
I love femme body wash...just about any kind really...as long as it is girly smelling! I use Soft & Dri underarm deodorant gel too. I NEVER use soap (dries out my skin) and I don't like manly smells either. Like Melissa said...anything short of perfume (and that ALWAYS when I'm dressed of course!) works for me!;)

Tiffy
08-27-2005, 10:13 AM
In the shower we use Dove with micro beads. Love it. And we only use thoes little pink scrunch balls in the shower and Garnier shampoo for me and Thermasilk for her.
I have been shaving under my arms for two years now and last month I bought a new male deodorant. It made me really sore so I started using my wifes just for a few days until our next pay day. Well I went shopping yesterday and my wife called me on my cell while I was in the store to remind me to buy deodorant. She told me that I needed to buy the fem kind because of my arms. I told her ok I would get both. And she said no just buy a few differnet scents of fem deodorant. She said I would not be needing male deodorant at all anymore. :) Cool so now I have changed that for good as well.

Kisses, April