PDA

View Full Version : Role reversal

shannonsilk
05-24-2010, 01:27 PM
:) It is more common for a man to go into a jewelry store to buy something for a special female than the other way around.
But the opposite is what occurred last week.
My new girlfriend asked me if I would like her to buy some jewelry for me. Would I say no??! I said some earrings would be great. I suggested dangly ones.

So last week she went into the shop. She has short hair and doesn't wear makeup or earrings. It was pretty clear to the SA that the earrings were not going to be for her. Apparently she was a little flustered, but was able to carry on. In the end, GF didn't really like any of the dangly ones and so she found some others she did like. The SA, correctly, still assumes they are not for GF and holds them up to her own ears to give an idea of what they might look like on someone else. Once the decision was made, the SA offered to put them in a gift box, still assuming they were for a female.

Yesterday I was the happy recipient of some beautiful earrings. I only hope I don't have to explain where or how I got them.

Bridget1
05-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Thats great ^^ If only all of us had someone like that! :daydreaming:

Sheila
05-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Shannon, I don't think that the SA would make that assumption at all, she would be holding the earrings to her own ears so your GF would get an idea of how they would look when on :)
I am glad you have some lovely earrings & I buy Debs clothes, shoes and jewelry all the time, but have only ever bought Him a watch in the jewelry line :) (he rarely wears it, got out of the habit of wearing a watch when he was in the line of work he was in for years :straightface:)

ADD

:doh::doh:Forgot the most important thing I bought HIM :doh::doh:.......... his wedding ring

sissystephanie
05-24-2010, 03:30 PM
My dear late wife did buy me some jewelry during our life together. I don't recall her ever buying me earrings, although she did melp me pick them out! She usually bought necklaces or bracelets. And of course, a whole lot of Stephanie clothes!!:)

Stitch
05-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I bought my boyfriend a necklace for Christmas one year. He was really touched and wears it with all his fancy femme outfits. I spent ages tracking down the perfect one. It was steam punk themed and handmade.

I love a challenge to find the perfect gift. :)

Lorileah
05-24-2010, 04:04 PM
I must really live in an alternate universe. I have tons of jewelery from women. I rarely buy my own except when it is on sale and I just HAVE to have it

Deborah Jane
05-24-2010, 04:06 PM
I must really live in an alternate universe. I have tons of jewelery from women. I rarely buy my own except when it is on sale and I just HAVE to have it

You too eh?

I don't ever buy jewellery for myself

susan fuller
07-01-2010, 07:45 PM
My wife helps me to buy all my jewelry and clothes. She came home one day with two pair of boots she found at an estate sale that fit perectlly. She is always helping me get the right jewelry for the outfit I am wearing at the time.