PDA

View Full Version : What to pack?

TS_Denice
05-25-2010, 04:47 AM
I've got a solo two day trip at the end of the week so I'll be able to dress. I don't dress at home. I tend to over pack. I want to take everything. I like to take several wigs, outfits, shoes, boots, lots of makeup, breast forms, hip padding, etc. Since I'm not driving I want to keep it relatively light (2 bags, one being a carry on). I've got 3 of those bags that you can squeeze the air out of to shrink the size of your clothes. The last trip I almost had no room for my male clothes.

Staci G
05-25-2010, 04:53 AM
"No room for male clothes" that sounds about right, I work out of town during the week and take everything in my stash. But for a couple of days I'd say take 3 outfits and try to have shoes that go with 2 of them anyway. Makeup is not an option, so save room elsewhere. Maybe take your fav wig, and a girls needs her foundation garments so leave room for them. Well after that if you still have no room then maybe the guy stuff just don't want to go, so don't force them.:heehee:

ellenwannabe
05-25-2010, 03:25 PM
sounds like you've got it covered - enjoy - Ellen

Katesback
05-25-2010, 03:32 PM
LOL you remind me of going to Southern Comfort. I enjoy sitting in the lobby when people are showing up. Some people ACTUALLY have trailers filled with stuff for FOUR days!!!

I have been in hotel rooms where there was virtually no room for you to sit since everything was covered with clothing and stuff!

So for your question. I would suggest you take the correct number of outfits for the time you will be gone and call it a day.

Dont get carried away since you wont wear most of what you take!

Katie

t-girlxsophie
05-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Had to chuckle at this.I used to go to a TG event called "Harmony weekend" It was held over a weekend,now as a guy I would probably take a holdall or similar with cpl change of clothes,toiletries in it,but when I went down to the weekend I had that holdall plus A large suitcase filled to the brim with outfits,wigs and make-up,had to sit on it to be able to close it:heehee:

Kate is right,even that was nothing compared to the amount some people bring to this type of event,bringing ridiculous amounts with them,far too much to wear all of it.