PDA

View Full Version : Too hot for a bustier and stockings?

MarinaKirax
05-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Does anyone else find the pink fog lifting, or even clearing for weeks/months at a time in summer? I must admit, although my attraction to sexy outfits, or high heels and stockings doesn't change ( I am what I am) I find myself less compelled to dress when its hotter out. I hate being sweaty in makeup, and I don't shave my legs, and I have ugly toes, and as a result I don't feel en femme unless I'm wearing a feminine outfit. I like to look the part, so I wear shapewear, and pantyhose or tights, a wig, and full makeup. I love the look, but it's too much clothing for a hot summer day, even inside with air conditioning sometimes. Give me a crisp fall day and I'll happily don my knee high boots and a tweed skirt, cashmere turtleneck and feel like a million bucks. I just have this perpetual summer 'ramp-down" in my dressing desire. I'm assuming its because I don't tend to make a habit out of throwing on capris and sandals. And I don't wear microminis. I love the idea of being able to achieve a feminine shape with lacy, flimsy lingerie, but I need something more.... substantial. So I happily await Fall. Anyone else?

SuzanneBender
05-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Mariana I love summer fashions and the bright colors. Sun dresses, capris, sheer tops and all the cute sandals just make my head spin. Ohhh wait that may be the heat stroke. Summer fasions go so well with an ice cold boat drink and a cool evening summer breeze. I love winter and its fashions too, but summer is my fave.

Loni
05-25-2010, 07:02 PM
the summer heat just keeps me inside all the day long. ac set to frosty...i still dress up all year long. just do not look as good as some do in a summer dress.
but with a skirt on for a summers eve with a gently breeze and a cool tall glass of iced tea is grand.

MrKunk
05-25-2010, 07:14 PM
I will probably look into either lighter denier tights or pantyhose and more panties and maybe even a cheaper sundress, also I am looking at a night gown at Victoria's Secret. The last two pieces would be strictly for around the house.

jenna_woods
05-25-2010, 07:17 PM
I like my summer dresses, and don't mind the make up in the summer, still in heals also. but that's just me,

Lynn Marie
05-25-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm with you girl. Just dont feel properly attired without my heels and stockings, garters, and shapers. Lots of layers involved and cool weather is a must. Never wear a hat, and a wig needs to be kept cool for me.

Staci G
05-25-2010, 08:26 PM
I am right there I dread Summer because of these very things you are talking about. I am not the 20 year olds that can wear a cami or tank short skirt or capris and strappy sandals I am more mature and enjoy the silky side of femininity. That being said I have a new denem mini, (go figure) but I still have to have my pantyhose.

minalost
05-25-2010, 08:41 PM
I love summer fashions, but I hate sweating. I love light breezy sun dresses, but I hate the way I look in them. I love bare legs in the sun, but I hate the way my naked legs look. I love long flowing hair in a summer breeze, but I hate the way it makes my head sweat and itch. You get the picture... When I dress in the summer I'm an air conditioning slave :notworthy: or I have to go out after the sun goes down on a cool night.

Come fall, though, the pink fog hits and hits hard :eek:. Usually from not dressing as much as I want to in the summer. I just love an evening stroll in a long denim or peasant skirt with the leaves blowing around the ankles of my thigh high boots... :c9: It's really my favorite time of year.
:hugs:

Kathi Lake
05-26-2010, 12:09 AM
I have a freaky metabolism that revs me up so much that I am often "glowing" even in cooler temperatures. My car's thermostat is constantly set at 62 degrees at most. My wife and I always play ping-pong with the thermostat at home. I can sit doing nothing in a movie theater and sweat. It's icky!

So, what does all this information mean? I also love the cooler months. Yes, I love the fluttery, breezy, feminine attire, and usually do get out in the Summer, but I most definitely get out more in the colder months. Also, it helps that I adore all of the Fall colors and fabrics - and don't get me started on boots!

:)

Kathi

ReineD
05-26-2010, 12:24 AM
If it's any consolation to any of you, as I age I don't feel quite as bouncy in a short summer dress with bare legs and strappy heels as I used to even 10 years ago. lol. Especially when I've been weeding and my arms and legs are covered with poison ivy and ugly chigger bites. Ick.

Summer is a lot more fun when you're young and carefree! :daydreaming:

Vickie_CDTV
05-26-2010, 01:08 AM
I only go out dressed when I can really dress up so it is also a problem for me. I don't find stockings difficult to wear in the heat, I can even tolerate the bra and girdle underneath, but the wig and heavy cover makeup is just too uncomfortable in the heat. The wig is just too hot, and the cover makeup doesn't last more than an hour if I am lucky (not to mention the rest of my makeup.)

I find the 100% nylon non-stretch stockings are far more comfortable in the heat than the stretch kind or pantyhose which have lycra etc.

fallen_rayne
05-26-2010, 01:18 AM
Autumn and Winter are where it's at for CD'ers definitely. You can wear as many clothes as you want to cover up your body and no one is going to care. Hell in most places as long as you have long flowing hair you could pass.:tongueout

judytv
05-26-2010, 01:34 AM
:sad: I know exactly how you feel,Marina......summer time is not my favorite either.
I love to wear stockings and garter/corset so too sweaty.

faltenrock
05-26-2010, 01:39 AM
I agree, it doesn't feel great when it's too hot. Too much sweat.

kimdl93
05-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Summer, especially here in Houston, is so hot and humid that it changes the way I dress, but doesn't entirely interupt it. Although I agree with Reine that summer is for the young...I gravitate towards light linen and cotton skirts, tank tops, and cool cotton halter dresses. Maybe pushing the boundaries of age appropriate attire, but it feels so much more comfortable.

Also, regarding shaving, I think its even more appropriate in the summer. Its usually too warm for hose, even thigh highs, and I just feel like shaved legs look so much better with summer skirts and swimwear.

Sweeterica
05-26-2010, 09:09 AM
I agree with you ,when its so hot im less inclined to fully dress,i like to feel comfortable,still wear my panties tho however hot.

Chari
05-26-2010, 09:52 AM
No matter the season - if GGs can get through it, so can I! IMO, dressing, makeup, heels, and the complete feminine attire shouldn't stop because of the heat or humidity. Consider what GGs in your age group and body shape have to do to keep cool, and do the same.

Tina B.
05-26-2010, 10:01 AM
That's why I moved to the coast here in northern California. Cool foggy summers, very few real hot days, and never what the rest of you would think of as hot. Some days it's just to cool to wear summer fashions, but on the good days, summer fashion, nylons, wig and make up. Even a light sweater is good. I get to dress all year round in what ever I want with out worrying about weather. the only down side is when you get used to the weather, it's hard to travel to places that are hot. as you are not used to the heat.
Mark Twain once said "the coldest winter I ever felt, was the summer I spent in San Francisco" he could have said that about anywhere on the Northwestern coast.
Tina B.

Madilyn A.
05-26-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm with you girl. Just dont feel properly attired without my heels and stockings, garters, and shapers. Lots of layers involved and cool weather is a must.

I agree with Marina and Lynn Marie about 75%. When the Pink Fog hits, and I have the chance, I just crank down the A/C, and fully dress and full make up, then go about my household chores !!

docrobbysherry
05-26-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm already sorting thru the things she mentioned, plus my bikinis, crop tops and skimpy shorts!:D

Fortunately, in my fem suit, I'm perpetually young!:eek:

Do I get warm, specially wearing shaping gear under it? Yes, but since I don't wear makeup, that's NOT a problem!:)

If I DO feel warm, I take a dip in the pool! I have to wash under things more often, but they dry SO FAST in summer!:thumbsup:

Naomi Rayne
05-26-2010, 11:36 AM
When it is hot i am less inclined to dress, but when the pink fog hits i will wear whatever i am in the mood to wear no matter the weather

Schatten Lupus
05-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Not really. While some of the apparel is just a no because of the heat, I just switch to cooler clothing, same as I do for my male clothing.

Jean Dressler
05-27-2010, 05:54 PM
I agree with your view on dressing during summer. I often get in a funk during the summer as I need foundation garments to enhance my shape and I also love to wear tights. With the heat of the summer the layers necessary to enhance my femininity cause me to be uncomfortably warm and the clothes necessary to disguise my enhancements could show me to be different to other women and so could out me. I still dress fully in the cool of my house.

msginaadoll
05-29-2010, 09:52 AM
I am starting to get more into warmer weather. The only problem is I have to buy more clothes, and shoes! Dont ya just hate that. Seriously though i do dislike the makeup melting effect. Am working on using less of it as well as looking for some with better coverage. Its always fun being a girl!

Stephenie S
05-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Summer weather is my favorite, by far.

I love the feeling of a cool breeze swirling my skirt around my bare legs. I love the freedom of not wearing a bra, just a strappy camisole. And I love sandals. I don't wear makeup, and I don't wear a wig, so those are not really a problem for me.

Oh, and I hate being cold.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Midnight Skye
05-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Fall is my favorite too Marina! But from my experiences so far I blend the best during summer. The whole tights, boots, skirt combination isn't popular around where I live and so even though I look good... I'm effectively stared at due to my different style taste (and sometimes outed by it).

During the summer I show lots of skin in little heels and my mid-short denim skirts. And people seem to really accept this style. On the down side I am as white as a vampire... and that sometimes results in amazed gawking as to why a pasty white gothy chick would show her snowman white skin in public... or at least I think that's what they're thinking ;)

Bernadina
05-29-2010, 04:37 PM
It may be summer in Ontario but it sure isn't in BC. Still happily wearing stockings and all the timmings. Maye it will warm up someday.

marny
05-30-2010, 12:18 AM
My favourite part of summer dresssing is the tan lines. Unlike GG's who remove there straps I relish to keep them up. Feels very girly to have the contrast. :)

Adele
05-30-2010, 01:06 AM
My dressing in the summer months changes for a different reason. I too enjoy the summer dresses and would love to sunbathe in a bikini but hairy legs don't help. My wife is not keen on me having shaved legs and painted toes when I'm in Bob mode with shorts and flip flops.

Can't wait for the Autumn........:)