PDA

View Full Version : Braver thn usual

Rachel B42
05-26-2010, 02:05 AM
Well, tonight was the night. I was sitting at home and thought, I still need to go to the ATM before it gets too late. And it felt like the perfect time to get dressed up. Now in the apartment complex I live in I've been pretty cautious about what I wear when I go out. Now and then I have pushed the boundries and it was wonderful.

It was just the right time I suppose. I had already showered and shaved my legs so a short beige skirt was in order, along with a beige sweater filled out by C forms, my favorite blonde wig, a few toe rings (which I always wear), an dainty turtle anklet and blue wedge sandles.

I walked out of my apartment, turning to lock the door and walked down the stairs and over to my jeep. As I walked I wondered what I would do if I ran into someone but it didn't happen so I began feeling more at ease. I reached my jeep and thought, "how would a woman in a skirt get into a jeep still trying to be ladylike"? Hadn't thought about that before so I tried sitting in the seat the best I could and swinging my legs in after. I'll have to pay closer attention to women in skirts now on.:heehee:

So now I drive to the bank, hadn't driven in wedge's before, very different. At the bank I decided to use the walkup ATM instead of the drive up. As I slide out of the seat I felt a wave of satisfaction wash over me. This was the first time I'd done thi so close to home.

Now back in the jeep and pulling into my carport I look around, coast is clear, I turn off engine and slide out of seat again, lock the door and begin walking to the stairs as I hear a guy approaching from 50 feet behind, I think, don't panic and continue walking and turn up the stairs and forgot all about the guy and thought, "how would a woman go up stairs with wedge's on so I concentrated on walking with a little bit of a wiggle and before I know it I'm at my front door.

This was the first time I'd done this and it felt absolutely wonderful. It wasn't a lot compaired to what some others have done but for me it was a big step. Can't wait for the next time I get up the nerve. :daydreaming:

Sheila
05-26-2010, 02:36 AM
you will never forget this first time of going out, no matter how many outings you do in the future, this memory will stay clear and strong :) congratulations

Persephone
05-26-2010, 02:42 AM
you will never forget this first time of going out, no matter how many outings you do in the future, this memory will stay clear and strong :) congratulations

:iagree::yt: Sounds like you had a great time and I totally agree, you never think about getting into a Jeep in a skirt until you have to do it!

As to the steps behind you, in addition to putting a wiggle in your walk it should also put your girl radar on high -- a GG would be careful with her keys (have them out of your purse before even entering the apt. building) and would be sure she knew where the stranger was at all times, particularly as she approached her door.

SuperTrannyPowers
05-26-2010, 03:16 AM
Hi,

Three points:

1. Wearing something that does not stand out will help to decrease negative attention and increase your comfort zone allowing you to grow and learn from your experiences out.

2. Yes, it is a rush to wear sexy things out and about :)

3. Make it a rule to keep in your car a pair of flats that you can slip in with nylons on that you can drive in safely. Heels can kill in more ways than one. Be feminine but always be smart.

Freddy12
05-26-2010, 06:57 AM
I bet the next time you get up the nerve will be soon. The first time is always the most difficult. Remembering the rush you got will make you want to experience it again, and soon at that.

Each step is important. Congratulations on this step - it was a big one!

AKAMichelle
05-26-2010, 08:02 AM
It may not seem like much, but everyone started somewhere. I started walking in the neighborhood late at night hiding my clothes under a male jacket. Then spent 10 minutes in a walmart absolutely terrified.

Congratulations on your first step. I know it was the hardest.

tamarav
05-27-2010, 06:00 AM
Congratulations!

The first time is indeed memorable. I remember my first outing nearly 30 years ago, a short walk at night to a mail box maybe 200 feet from my house. Didn't sleep at all that night.

Practice with what you want to wear on your outings so that you don't look like you never wear that type of shoe or whatever. Become familiar with the act of sliding in and out of the car and walking. Looking natural takes very good acting.