PDA

View Full Version : My first co-ed shopping trip

JamieDP
08-20-2005, 09:07 PM
My girlfriend and I went on our first shopping trip together. I speant way more than I planned as I was just to excited like a kid a candy store.

I see alot of questions from folks wondering how it their wives and girlfriends respond, well I can't say all will respond like this, but I want to share my experience to hopefully provide some insight and/or confidence to others that may be seeking it:

I have to say quickly here that when we got home I asked her how the experience was for her. As casually as she answers anything else, she said it was fine. She said she needed to get on this forum and say how great it was in the sense that it was like going shopping with one of her girlfriends, only with someone who has better taste and style in clothes than many of her friends.

We both bought panties, pantyhose, stockings, skirts, shoes to share and for each other. We rushed home b/c neither of us could wait to try everything on.

I have gone out shopping by myself before, and have been a nervous wreck, and have chickened out of walking up to the cashier. I have to say with her, it totally relieved every ounce of stress and nervousness that I have had going solo. In fact it gave me the confidence to go out and do more shopping solo. In this experience I realized, though people might glance at a man walking through the womens department and shifting through the racks of clothes, pretty much no one paid me any mind when I wondered off by myself to browse on my own. And this was during prime time tonight in Marshall's & Target (The stores were crowded as I don't know what).

I would typically go solo early in the morning when stores were empty, but I think now it may be better when the stores are incredibly crowded, there is so much activity no one has time to pay you mind and go on a bout their own shopping frenzy.

I did find a bra that can be adjusted at around the chest by about an inch which was great to adjust not only the straps and the chest part too!!!! I'll have to get the name brand and post it. It definitely compensates for possibly getting a size too small, etc.

Now we're sitting dressed up together like we are too bad a** broads ready for a killer night on the town. I don't feel up to puting all the make up and wig on to try to go out, and I don't know if she's ready for that, but sitting here at home dressed to from the nexk down to kill is such a joy with her. It's even quite a turn on for her, which in turn is getting me turned on.

Hopefully I'll get some pictures and post them this week.

Just wanted to share.

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-20-2005, 11:47 PM
You go girl!

For what it's worth, I'd found it easier to pass in busy area. As you said, people are more distracted.

April
08-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Hi Jamie,

Way to go girl!

Like with you and Darla, I feel I go less noticed while shopping during busy times. Glad to hear that things are going so well for you!

tifftg
08-21-2005, 11:15 AM
For many girls, they hate attracting the attention of the Sales help. The ole "May I help you?" question. When it is busy that does not happen. The only thing that I can't stand is when too many clothes are jammed on the bar that you can't see what is what or when the sizes are mixed together. Then it just isn't worth the hastle.

Sounds like you had a great time. Would like to hear the brand on the bra.

Tiff

Natalie x
08-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Jamie, my shopping experiences are the same. It was the trips with girlfriends that helped give me confidence to do it on my own. Sure, in crowded stores, a man holding up a dress to see if the length is right for him will get some second looks from some of the women shopping there, but what I've learned is that you and I have as much right to spend our money in that store as anybody else.

Rachel Morley
08-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Hi Jamie,

How wonderful! Your girlfriend sounds cool! My wife and I go shopping for clothes together except for one time where I was en femme, I was in drab all those times. It's not at all scary for me when I am with her. If I wasn't with her, depending on what I was buying (buying lingerie still makes me a little nervous) I may or may not feel like people were "thinking things" about me.

Anyway, I'm glad you shared this experience with us. When's the next shopping trip?

April
08-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Angel said: If I wasn't with her, depending on what I was buying (buying lingerie still makes me a little nervous) I may or may not feel like people were "thinking things" about me.

Hi Angel,

Buying Lingerie while in drab has never bothered me. Perhaps because my mindset as always been that men do buy lingerie for their so's. The one thing that makes me a little nervous is buying cosmetics while alone in drab. Maybe it's just me, but I never see men alone browsing through the cosmetic area of stores. I'd be curious to know what others ladies feel nervous about purchasing besides lingerie or cosmetics while alone in drab (So's not with them).