PDA

View Full Version : Harder than I thought

StaceyJane
05-28-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm on the first week of a three week vacation at my daughter's house in Hawaii (don't hate me :) ).
My daughter knows about Stacey and is okay with her but because of the grandkidsI decided not to make anyone uncomfortable and spend the whole time totally en drab.
So now it's been a week and I feel like a smoker needing a smoke. I think about dressing and being Stacey all the time.
Two more weeks to go...........

at least when I'm back home I will have lot's of time as stacey.

Bobbi Lynn
05-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Where are you at? I am outside of Hilo.

Tanya C
05-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Perhaps you could explain your dilemma to your daughter and maybe some accommodation could be made.
Maybe you could slip away for a little while, preferrably in a grass skirt.

MrKunk
05-29-2010, 04:17 AM
OMG that has got to be hard and painful to go that long without it.

RobynB
05-29-2010, 04:34 AM
Sounds like hell in paradise.

Jane G
05-29-2010, 05:07 AM
I'd usualy say that sounds awfull, thee weeks without dressing is too long. But on this occasion, the two activities I love most, in the entire world, are surfing & dressing, so I guess your getting no sympathy here today. Go get yourself a board and get on the beach.

Just Enjoy Hawaii and be true to your daughter.

Sheila
05-29-2010, 05:33 AM
so sorry, you are feeling this way and are unable to fully enjoy the company of your daughter and grandchildren :sad:

Danielle Gee
05-29-2010, 06:08 AM
I'm on the first week of a three week vacation at my daughter's house in Hawaii (don't hate me :) ).
My daughter knows about Stacey and is okay with her but because of the grandkidsI decided not to make anyone uncomfortable and spend the whole time totally en drab.
So now it's been a week and I feel like a smoker needing a smoke. I think about dressing and being Stacey all the time.
Two more weeks to go...........

at least when I'm back home I will have lot's of time as stacey.

Stacey: I share your pain, it's been 3 or 4 weeks without dressing for me (I've not been in the mood), But I'd hate to go that long without if I'd really wanted to dress. Just hang in there and keep reminding yourself how absolutely wonderful it'll be

Danielle

AKAMichelle
05-29-2010, 09:14 AM
It's only 2 weeks. You can do it. Just think of all the fun you are having there with the grandkids and hawaii no less.

PretzelGirl
05-29-2010, 11:11 AM
I am going to go with Michelle. It certainly can be tough. But focus on the pleasures at hand. When will you see the grandkids next? If it will be quite a while, fill your mind with that and enjoy them. The same for your daughter and her husband. Focusing on what you won't be able to do in three weeks would be helpful I would think.

Maybe a few small things can also help take the "desire" to a lower level. Depending on what you packed if anything, can you underdress (if that helps for you) or take a break with something more in the room you are staying in? Or if you run out, can you slip a little girl shopping in and reduce the thoughts that way instead of actual dressing?

Sarah Doepner
05-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Keep the ideas coming. I'm part way through a combination of family obligations, grandkid sleepovers and travel with a group that will keep me from dressing for 2-3 weeks as well. While most of the time I'm active and engaged in what I'm doing during the day, the nights do seem to give plenty of room to entertain thoughts of makeup and clothing. Any and all ideas are welcome here as well.

Presh GG
05-29-2010, 04:23 PM
Hun, haveing spent time there a long time ago, I would see men in mumus or Kaftans.
Would this help you?

Presh GG

brandie
05-29-2010, 08:15 PM
i feel your pain. having six kids of myself some times you have too bight the bullet for the family.

hope you love the vacation

only twe weeks just under dress.i have to every day

love
brandie
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

sonia_dargency
05-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Sacrifice is a very feminine trait - this is the opportunity to be a women for real!

Or take it like a man! live with the consequences of your decision!

Hawaii is not exactly next door, when will you have the opportunity to see the kids again?

give (your time, your person, your talents) and you will receive. your daughter for sure really appreciate what you are doing.

courage

marny
05-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Not sure how Danielle Gee can 'share your pain' when 'it's been 3 or 4 weeks without dressing for me (I've not been in the mood)'. Hardly equivocall! But while you suffer,you're obviously aware there could be worse places. Travel tip. If you're looking for a good place to eat try Arancino's. Japanese Italian!

suchacutie
05-30-2010, 09:18 PM
take a day and get a hotel room?

tina

joyce483
05-30-2010, 09:36 PM
I think we should all show up at Bobbi Lynn's house!!

catriona36
05-31-2010, 12:28 AM
rent a boat, but your forms on and go fishing :) :drink: