PDA

View Full Version : Friday of firsts

wendy360
05-29-2010, 11:08 AM
While I have most of the weekend to myself I decided to start it off on Friday going out to the movies and the mall.
While I have been out to both places in the past it has always been during the week when both are less crowded. On Monday I went to a nail salon for the first time and got a manicure and a pedicure. I had my toe nails painted with a pretty pink color and the girl asked if I wanted a design put on, I ask what could she do and she suggested flowers or a butterfly. I went with a flower. She drew a cute flower on both my big toes. I have to wear boots at work, its a shame I have to cover them up. Because of work I just had my finger nails buffed.
So on Friday I checked the theater listings and saw that Robin Hood was playing at 1:15 or 1:50 so I thought I would go to one or the other depending on how fast I could get ready. I still have a love hate thing going with makeup. Just about the time I think I have it down something doesn't apply like it should and its a do over. After taking a shower, I painted my finger nails pink and put on my makeup, which went fairly smoothly, and I got dressed. I bought a cute little white dress with red and pink flowers from Kohl's earlier in the week and was debating if I should wear it or not. It's pretty short. Then I thought you bought it wear it. I matched it up with a white camp shirt and a pair of white sandals to show off my pink toe nails and flowers.
I live on a small street and my neighbors don't know about Wendy so I put my wig and purse in a duffel bag put on sweat pants and a wind breaker and head out to the car. I drive a mile from home pull over and take the sweats off and put on my wig.
The theater I went to is in Glendale for those of you in So Cal and is big, 18 theaters, and is surrounded by a bunch of high end stores, a high priced apartment building and is right next to the mall. They have a large parking structure where you can park, if you go to the movies they validate. I've been here before but it's always been at night and during the week, I thought 1 in the afternoon it would be slow. WRONG. I think people must have taken the day off and started the long weekend early. I parked up on the 4 level where I usually park and walked over to the escalators. From there you can look down at the center of the complex and all of a sudden that cute white skirt with the red and pink flowers became a lot shorter. I headed down the escalators and on the second or third one the wind kicked up and started to blow up my skirt. Talk about mixed emotions. The thrill of having the wind blowing up your skirt while trying to hold it down at the same time. That was fun.
I walked on over to the movie theater went inside and got my ticket. Stopped and got some popcorn and a coke. As I walked to the theater I stopped to use the facilities. I've been to this theater before so I know there is a unisex bathroom near the theater I'm headed to. I haven't attempted a woman's restroom yet. I get to the theater and walk in. Small theater and I'm the only one. I take a seat and start eating my popcorn. A guy walks in sees me and makes a grunting/laughing noise as he sees me. I ignore him. A few more people enter without incident and we watched the movie.
When the movie was over I got up and walked out of the theater. As I exited I saw a couple of theater employees handing out 3D glasses at the entrance to another theater. As I walked by I heard the girl say "Oh that's cute" I think she was talking about my skirt and it sounded sincere, that made me smile.
As I was leaving I needed to use the restroom again so I headed to my nice safe unisex bathrooms that nobody uses and there is a line. OK plan B. As I head to the exit I'm thinking where to go. Literally. I see the woman's bathroom and think there's no time like the present. I walked in found a stall. Sitting there I didn't hear anyone screaming or complaining so far so good. Left the stall went over put some lip stick on and left. That was a first. Using a woman's rest room.
I wanted to go over to the mall but theater validated parking was only good for about 3 hours so I headed up to my car. I drove over to the mall parking structure and talk about full. I parked up on the top level, which was fine as I want to check out Claire's accessories and the are on the third level. I went in to the mall and found Claire's but it was so crowded with teen girls I thought no way am I going into that mad house.
I went out to my car and as it was only 5:30 and LA traffic being what it is I decided to go over to the Oxwood for a drink and watch the Celtics game. As I was headed over I went looking for some place to eat. I saw a Carl's Jr. and I thought I'd do the drive threw but as I pulled in I noticed that the dining area was empty. Parked the car and in I went. Another first. Although it's just fast food it's as close to walking into a restaurant while dressed that I have done so I consider it a first.
After dinner I drove over to the Oxwood watch the game had a couple of drinks and by the time the game was over the LA traffic was gone and I drove home. :D

StaceyJane
05-29-2010, 11:10 AM
What a great adventure you had.

Cheryl James
05-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Although I have taken some big steps for me this week I am not, yet, where you are. You have given me some goals. Way to go, girl.

sandra-leigh
05-29-2010, 11:53 AM
The Oxford is a pub or bar? So you went dressed into a bar? How was that?

wendy360
05-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Sandra
The Oxwood is a Tg friendly bar in the LA area so it's a very friendly atmosephear.

MrKunk
05-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Oh wow this is a huge step, continue to have fun with it.