PDA

View Full Version : getting dressed up in my wheelchair

cdbrandi
05-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Well, today is the first chance I have had to get completely dressed in girl cloths since my accident. I am wearing a denim knee length (when standing) skirt and an orange with white trim and gold design printing, and the usual undies. 2 things I have noticed, the skirt sits a little above my knees in the wheelchair, which means there is a clear view up my skirt for anyone sitting and I also seem to have gained about a cup size since my accident. With all of my A cup bras I am starting to have trouble keeping my forms in place, so I picked up a B cup the other day and while it is still a little big, it is holding my forms in place well.

AllieSF
05-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Sounds like a great casual outfit. If the knee length denim skirt has a little extra material because it flares at the bottom, maybe you could try to gather as much of that as you can across the top so that when sitting you can let that excess material drape between your thighs and hinder the view for others. If you do not have extra material because the skirt is tighter, maybe you wear a light pastel colored scarf and drape the ends of it between your thighs for the same effect. Good luck.

Stephenie S
05-30-2010, 03:34 PM
What my mother said time and time again:

"A lady always keeps her knees together!"

Stephie

Andromeda
05-30-2010, 05:30 PM
I can sympathise. Before I got my peg leg I spent a lot of time stuck in a wheel chair. The solution to your problems are fairly simple. Shift to a longer skirt, mid-thigh should be about right. A pair of slacks will work also. As for your breastforms you can use a pocketed mastectomy bra or try some adhesive.

cdbrandi
05-30-2010, 05:43 PM
"A lady always keeps her knees together!"

Stephie

I Know that as well from hearing all of my gg cousins being told that. My problem is I am paralyzed from mid chest down, so keeping my knees together is quite a bit harder now than it was 2 months ago.

I can sympathise. Before I got my peg leg I spent a lot of time stuck in a wheel chair. The solution to your problems are fairly simple. Shift to a longer skirt, mid-thigh should be about right. A pair of slacks will work also. As for your breastforms you can use a pocketed mastectomy bra or try some adhesive.

The Skirt I have on today is actually longer than a mid-thigh, it came almost to my knees when sitting. Also I bought a B cup bra and while it is just a little roomy, everything fits in right.

Midnight Skye
05-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Yup my vote would be for a longer skirt aswell... I love mid-calf length denim skirts, they look fantastic. And from the sounds of it you're moving up in bra size... guess you have some girls growing in some ;)

busker
05-31-2010, 12:24 AM
Hi Brandi,
Sorry to read that you've had what seems to be a serious accident. Your spirits must be up since you are dressing again. Short skirts--don't you just love 'em? I'm way too old for SS's but part of the joy of living alone is I can do what I wish and offend only myself, if anyone is going to be offended.
Your problem might easily be solved with a modesty panel. If you have even seen a group of women on a stage or speaking engagement, you will remember that the tables always had a cloth in front--a modesty panel-- to keep the looky Lous at bay. Perhaps that might be a solution--then you can have your denim skirt as is, and not have to worry about the old" knees together" routine.

debbeelee1
05-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Sounds like you are having alot of fun getting dressed Brandi! If you want to show a little leg, go for it!

Kathleen Grace
06-03-2010, 02:52 AM
I use a wheelchair too. ;) Good for you Brandi. Be sure to keep your skirt away from the side wheels. I've ripped a few that flaired too much on the sides. Then again, you're probably smarter than I am! :)

Joanne f
06-03-2010, 03:00 AM
Sounds like you are having fun :D