PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear, I think my cover's blown

Natalie x
08-21-2005, 06:00 AM
Well, I reckon the genie is out of the bottle, I've been spotted by one of my neighbours.

I've been promising myself an outing in public in daylight, and last night I made up my mind to do it today.

In the UK we have these events called "car boot sales" ("trunk sales" in the USA?) where people drive to a grassy field with all their unwanted items in their boot, and other people flock around to buy them. Do you girls have anything like this where you live? It's like eBay with rain.

Anyway, I didn't want to buy anything, but it seemed like a safe place to get out en femme. No half measures this time; a lovely, floaty, dark brown handkerchief skirt with embroidered flowers on the front, with a clingy white rouched top, bra with forms under, a pretty candy striped lambswoll jacket (cardigan), 2" heeled sandals, wig and full makeup and I was ready to go. There is no way I can explain this if anyone asks!

Now it gets hard. I paced up and down my apartments psyching myself up to go out the door. Only one person in my block knows I crossdress, so it's really scary going out onto the landing and down the stairs. Okay, let's do it! Out the door, down the corridor to the stairs. Heart stops, an elderly man comes up the stairs, "Hello" I whisper and duck past him. Out to the car without seeing anyone else. I drive off feeling good.

Called in at the bottle bank on the way, a couple of other people there, but no eye contact and no conversation. Then to the boot sale. Drove onto the parking field, along with a few hundred other cars, and parked up. Waited for the next few cars to park next to me and the occupants disembark and walk off. I noticed that everyone else is dressed for bad weather, so I look rather conspicuous, but I haven't come all this way to bottle out now. Out of the car, accross the field to where all the stalls are set out. There are hundreds of people milling about. I avoid eye contact, but try to see if anyone shows any sign of making me; no obvious reactions. I walk down one row and up the next row (about 20 minutes, I guess) then back to car (nerves getting the better of me). Took a photo of myself standing in the parking field.

Drove back towards home, taking a picture driving along, and stopped off at a local grocer's for milk. Stood in line to pay, still avoiding eye contact, paid and said "Thank you" in a small voice, then drove home. I'm on a high by now!

Now this is where it got a bit scary. One of the nosey parkers in the block came out just as I was parking, and was staring at me/the car. I'm sure she knows my car. So now I panic and turn around and drive off again. Drove around for a little while (no-where safe to go) then back to the block. She's not there now, so I quickly get out and walk to the doors and safely up to my apartment. I can't believe she hasn't worked it out, and I reckon it will be all around the block before teatime! Oh well, I don't care, they had to find out sometime, and I'm ready to face the music. I'll fill you in on that in a new post sometime.

The only real downer is that my camera and PC don't seem to like each other, and the three pictures I took have disappeared into a black hole. I am so disappointed, because I was enjoying myself so much and wanted you to see it in my face. Oh, well.

Natalie x
08-21-2005, 06:28 AM
Ok, I've just taken a picture of my outfit. It's not a good picture, but just so you can see what I wore, IN PUBLIC, I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE I DID IT!

Emily Ann Brown
08-21-2005, 06:52 AM
Hey Natalie,

Sounds like a great week for both of us. I'm proud of you girl. That being in the stand-out outfit thing is hard to figure. I prepared for a cool rainy night Thurdsay and darn if it didn't stop and heat up by the time I got to the mall.

Isn't that excitement great as you start to know you are just another girl to the others around you?!!! I was in heaven, I know you were too.

Hugs,
Emily Ann

Natalie x
08-21-2005, 07:16 AM
Thanks, Emily

Yeah, it's a buz alright! It was your recent outing that gave me the push to do it properly, I really enjoyed reading about your trip.

BTW, I forgot to attach the picture, so here it is now ...

Emily Ann Brown
08-21-2005, 07:41 AM
VERY NICE !!!!!

I see you have both hands firmly gripping the strap of the pocketbook. And your lipstick seems subdued...nice....I had changes from bright red for Friday but I think I need to go even softer. Question....is the watch a lagies size??? I almost missed that before I went out. Luckily the wife has several. Hope I put it back in the right spot (giggle giggle)

You just made my threads all worth while dear. Thank you. You know we now are connected forever by this ?!!

Hugs,
Emily Ann

Natalie x
08-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Emily, I got the idea of holding the strap from your post! :thumbsup:

I've tried a whole range of colours for lipstick, and find that red just doesn't suit me. The best for me are shades of brown, with some pink in. Actually, in the picture, it has faded a bit and really should have been topped up. I get nearly all my makeup from Avon.
And, yes, it is a ladies watch, from "George" in Asda (Walmart). I have to buy nearly all my own stuff, as I don't have a wife any more to "borrow" from (no, don't say aahh, it's a relief!). However, my lovely GG sister Freda has helped me out with some very nice girlie things, and she and my GG friend Sandie are really great for advice and encouragement. :love:

susandrea
08-21-2005, 10:47 AM
You looked great!

How can the "nosey Parker" be anywhere near worth the power you're giving her by letting her create so much anxiety in your heart?

Maybe she was envious. Maybe she thinks you have a new GF. Maybe she's just an old busy-body. Who cares? Will what she thinks about you matter in the slightest in the long run? Will it matter even two weeks from now?

You were so brave to go out alone. It must have been pretty stressful. Good for you! And you looked "ace" as they say in G.B.! :thumbsup: :)

Wendy me
08-21-2005, 11:25 AM
you looked just fine veary nice outfit looking good girlfreind.....

Freda
08-21-2005, 11:27 AM
:D It's not worth worrying over! They could even be thinking :rolleyes: it's me, your 'twin' sister come to stay for a short holiday. Until recently, I couldn't face weeding my front garden because my neighbours :mad: keep a running commentary on everything I do and how my arse is sticking out of my jeans etc... But I decided that my pleasure in gardening was more important than their judgments on my Rubinesqe rear-end. So what if the crones have rumbled you - what are they going to do - talk and reveal themselves as sad, shallow little people? As my hero Oscar Wilde said: 'There is only one thing worse than being talked about - and that is not being talked about'.
:cool:
XXFrederika

Sharon
08-21-2005, 11:31 AM
It's always possible that your neighbor never made the connection between you and your car, unless it is a very unique automobile. Regardless though, just go on in your neighborhood and try to behave as normally as possible, particularly if you see this neighbor of yours. She probably isn't 100% sure it was you, even if she so suspects, but hiding your face or turning your back to her will probably confirm any suspicions she may have.

Try to think about the fine day you have had. It sounds wonderful and very liberating, and I look forward to reading about future endeavors.

Freda
08-21-2005, 11:32 AM
That was supposed to read Rubinesque! :o - call myself an English Grad?

Natalie x
08-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Thanks, girlfriends. All I can say, to anyone who CAN safely go out and who WANTS to, is .... Oh, do it, it's as much fun as you can have with your clothes on!!!:D

Rachel Morley
08-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi Natalie,

You look really good girl! Not too "over the top" just about right I would say.

I know others have said don't worry about the neighbors, but at the moment I am in a similar position as you. Twice Marla and I have gone out when there was a neighbor wandering in and out of their house and front yard. Only once have we had to leave the house when they were actually in a position to see me. Once when we came back from an en femme trip to the movies it was still early evening and there were a couple of guys on their porch 2 doors doors down from us on the same side. After waiting in the car for a few minutes we just decided to go for it and get in the house as quickly as possible.

Up until now no one has said anything, and when I leave for work in the mornings people still acknowledge me with a wave when they see me. Have they made a connection about the "woman" in the car that went into our house with my wife? ...I don't know.

Anyway it's great that you were able to take that big step and go out fully en femme in public. You're terrific! :)

Natalie x
08-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks, Angel. You, too, have been an inspiration to me, and the details you and Marla have posted have helped to build up my confidence to take this latest big step.