PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in Hi heals

Jonien
08-21-2005, 07:14 AM
I have just got my first Pr 4" stileto heals yippi but now stand well with the aid of a zimmer frame I may juts make it

well ok I can stand and take a few steps evern' but how do GG's dance in them
aw but do look good

Natalie x
08-21-2005, 07:21 AM
He he. I have only just got used to walking in 3" stilletos, can't see me ever managing 4"!!! Go for it girl! :thumbsup:

Julie
08-21-2005, 07:26 AM
Problem solved, try breakdancing. You'll be forever on your back spinning around, no need to worry about the footwork with the 4" heels. :D

Julie

jessbcuzz
08-21-2005, 07:27 AM
Gosh, I envy both of you. I own 2, 3 & 4 inch heels, and with me being all ready 6 foot 1 inch, sometimes I feel like a freak. If I ever actually go out dressed and in heals, I think I would draw to much attention for being a 6 foot 3 inch + girl. But hey, let's dance!

Jonien
08-21-2005, 07:33 AM
Problem solved, try breakdancing. You'll be forever on your back spinning around, no need to worry about the footwork with the 4" heels. :D

Julie

More like break(a leg)dancing

MarinaTwelve200
08-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Even with MY LIMITED experence with heels--4 inch or other wise, i can make a few comments----Make sure there are some straps, or better yet, a BACK to your shoes, so your feet cant slide off of them sideways--a major cause of falls--dont even attempt to dance in "slides". I discovered that REAL 4 inch stillettos are quite hard to walk in---with the "pencil sized heels", but i have also a pair of 4 inchers where the heel is about the diamener of my finger, and the difference is remarkable, in ease of ballance, and the look is just as sexy or nearly the same.

Jonien
08-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Shoe to me are very limited having to find uk size 10 but some times i find a wide 9 that fits most shops only stock upto 8 yes a wider heal would be better finding them is another matter yes I have tryed e-bay but thay eather lie or sell rubbish I don't think I will ever use them again

tifftg
08-21-2005, 09:24 AM
--Make sure there are some straps, or better yet, a BACK to your shoes, so your feet cant slide off of them sideways--

Although I don't yet own a pair without backs or straps, I had never thought of that. Great advice

Tiff

Tamara Croft
08-21-2005, 09:40 AM
I have just got my first Pr 4" stileto heals yippi but now stand well with the aid of a zimmer frame I may juts make it

well ok I can stand and take a few steps evern' but how do GG's dance in them
aw but do look goodPractice ;) and years of it :p

But.... oh yes there's always a but.... if you have had x amounts of alcohol.... take heels OFF before walking down steps..... I'm sure Julie will agree..... and I'm pretty sure my Tammy would agree too :D

Jonien
08-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Practice ;) and years of it :p

But.... oh yes there's always a but.... if you have had x amounts of alcohol.... take heels OFF before walking down steps..... I'm sure Julie will agree..... and I'm pretty sure my Tammy would agree too :D

Ta Tam looks like i must cram in a lot of practice as I love to dance, the alcolhol I can live without as it makes me wobble and I foget the good time i'v had

rexy
08-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Gosh, I envy both of you. I own 2, 3 & 4 inch heels, and with me being all ready 6 foot 1 inch, sometimes I feel like a freak. If I ever actually go out dressed and in heals, I think I would draw to much attention for being a 6 foot 3 inch + girl. But hey, let's dance!
i have the same problem 6' 2" with out heels , but would love to go out dancing somewhere with other girls in at least 3" heels :) :)

JayeEdgar
08-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Although I love the look of my pointed-toe 4-in stillettoes on, I enjoy them in the privacy of my home. When I go out (which is a rare occurrence in itself) I wear a pair of open-toed strapped shoes with 3" clunky heels which I got at Payless for under $20.00. I find I can last much longer in them than I can in the 4" stillettoes. It is a shame to cut an evening short because one's feet hurt too much.

I once dressed to go out in a 2nd-floor motel room and then had to walk down the outside staircase. It had not occurred to me how difficult that would be....even while sober. I am sure that I was made by every onlooker. But I made it and went out for an enjoyable evening.

gender_blender
08-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah, it's tough to dance in them sometimes...
Especially in my 6-inch stilettos, but I save those for the fetish/goth clubs.

http://pictures.greatestjournal.com/userimg/3972387/727787

Charlie

Mx Justina
08-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Although I love the look of my pointed-toe 4-in stillettoes on, I enjoy them in the privacy of my home. When I go out (which is a rare occurrence in itself) I wear a pair of open-toed strapped shoes with 3" clunky heels which I got at Payless for under $20.00. I find I can last much longer in them than I can in the 4" stillettoes. It is a shame to cut an evening short because one's feet hurt too much.

I once dressed to go out in a 2nd-floor motel room and then had to walk down the outside staircase. It had not occurred to me how difficult that would be....even while sober. I am sure that I was made by every onlooker. But I made it and went out for an enjoyable evening.

This reminds me that walking up and down stairs with any high-heeled femme shoe is a good balance and coordination test for CDs.

BTW...Any modest amount of walking over typical street concrete will quickly speed-up wear-and-tear, particularly tiny-print heels and thin-soled pumps (whether low, mid or high). At best, spikes are only meant for posing and slow walking (IMO).

J.

Phoebe Reece
08-21-2005, 04:27 PM
It takes a bit of practice to dance in 4" stilettos, but it can be done. A bit of practice helps. It's not nearly as bad in 3" ones - which look almost as good. The morning after dancing in spike heels you will really feel it in your calf muscles. It hurts so good....

Stormgirl
08-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Don't think I could dance in heels,it took me a alot of practice walking on them.Everytime I'd attempt to dance in them I'd meet ground.

MonaSmith
08-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Shoe to me are very limited having to find uk size 10 but some times i find a wide 9 that fits most shops only stock upto 8 yes a wider heal would be better finding them is another matter yes I have tryed e-bay but thay eather lie or sell rubbish I don't think I will ever use them againIf you can fit some wide 9s then give Evans a try or Next, they both do wide 9s. I Don't agree about eBay, I have bought many, many pairs of shoes from eBay and haven't been disappointed yet, so don't give up entirely honey.

Mona xx

(I can only dance in girl mode, I find that heels help!!)

Sarah Ellis
08-21-2005, 06:13 PM
I can't dance to save my life so I doubt it will be any worse in heels, but I've never tried so who knows?

Satin xxx

Jonien
08-21-2005, 06:28 PM
If you can fit some wide 9s then give Evans a try or Next, they both do wide 9s. I Don't agree about eBay, I have bought many, many pairs of shoes from eBay and haven't been disappointed yet, so don't give up entirely honey.

Mona xx

(I can only dance in girl mode, I find that heels help!!)

Thanks Mona have got shoes from Evans in the past but there selection has deteriated of late, but I did't know that Next had larger shoes will be looking now Thanks again :hugs:
but I feel eBay has let me down once to often to try them again:nerves:

Fallen Angel
08-21-2005, 09:38 PM
just give it some time and youl master walking and before you know it youl start dancing in them as well belive me xxx

Jonien
08-23-2005, 08:10 AM
Well I've had these heals for 3 days now and yes I can walk but changing from the black pr to the pink one's that are just a little shorter i think will be ok for dancing with a bit of olright a lot of practice

cosmolovesph
08-23-2005, 06:50 PM
4" could be tough, especially if you are newer to that height of heel.

I have in 3" and no problems and have heels from 2.5" to 6" heels that i wear (some for longer periods than others).

Noel Chimes
08-23-2005, 09:19 PM
Spikes for walking yes. Spikes for dancing, NO! Chunky heels, anytime.
Noel
P.S. Jonien, the pink ones are to die for !!!!! :angel: Where, and how much?

Tristen Cox
08-24-2005, 02:54 AM
I can dance in anything up to 5+ inches. I love it. Was born for these babies:p

Melissa Ryan
08-24-2005, 02:58 AM
Show off!!!!

Jonien
08-24-2005, 04:43 AM
I can dance in anything up to 5+ inches. I love it. Was born for these babies:p

:clap: